Home isolation for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients waiting for hospital beds

webfact

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

The Delta variant is really only just now getting a hold in Bangkok, and already proving to be tough to stop.

Little in the way of treatment, people with underlying ailments at most risk, and only having one vaccine for many  proving to be almost useless as a preventative measure..

Wait until the numbers increase and people start to spread it around to other provinces, which history has proved it will happen. 

Then watch the mire hit the fan.

I am hearing stories that the provinces are cutting off travel from Bangkok. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Not stories but a reality.  If you arrive you must test and then also quarantine.  Effectively keeping people from wanting to enter for fear of being locked away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Bangkok may be the centre of attention now, but the spread is further afield with family & friends mingling... it's already on the move and other provinces will be slow to respond to curtail movements.

As usual, illogical nonsense. As most of the recent positive tests are walk-ins then you have to assume they had some symptoms in the first place to make them want a test so therefore there would be an extremely low number of those that were asymptomatic.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Don't be silly.  Shows how much you understand them and look down on them treating them as stupid. The rural folk in my area have more common sense then you would like to give them credit for.

Common sense such as burning crops year after year knowing damn well it’s killing themselves and others? Or using pesticides and chemicals with the same consequences?

which is it?

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Just look at all those fans in a place that is trying to contain an air born virus. Yup

Amazing Thailand.  Picture says it all.

Geezer

Why would they need to contain it in a facility full of covid patients. Everyone who is there is tested positive. So I don't see a problem with those ventilators.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Don't be silly.  Shows how much you understand them and look down on them treating them as stupid. The rural folk in my area have more common sense then you would like to give them credit for.

I would say that he is correct to a certain point.

I personally know of someone who was ordered to self quarantine at home after a member of his family tested positive. He "popped into the office" for 30 minutes every day during that period. Also went shopping to pick up a few necessary items.

I am not looking down on anyone, but some people simply do not have the self discipline to stay at home. You can see this in other countries too. Even UK (my homeland) some government ministers can't resist popping out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Medical Services Department is to issue advisories for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients, on how to take care of themselves while they are waiting for hospital beds during to the current shortage.

Common sense.  If I'm asymptomatic, why on God's green earth would I want to be forcefully incarcerated in a hospital with symptomatic patients?  Well, unless the plan is to actually make those who are otherwise well (other than a positive test) and make them sick for sure?  Madness!

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

A lot of talk and no action.  They said the same thing up here in Chiang Mai during Songkran.  I never saw a single Covid check-point on the major highways.  CM was open for business and those from the Red Zones came in droves and started infecting the local populations. 
That's totally on both the national and regional governments. And they show no signs of mitigating this new exodus of people from BKK Covid hot spots leaving and spreading throughout Thailand and taking the virus with them.
It's all most like this is the government's plan.  They do nothing.

Edited by connda

10 hours ago, DLock said:

This is where you argument falls down.

Do you honestly believe Thai's can truly isolate for 14-days - I have known 3 people that were told to isolate for 14-day at home after returning from a red zone - they didn't last a single day without going out to get food,  see friends or shop.

I just don't think its in them. They didn't feel sick, so thought 1 or 2 trips out would not hurt anyone.

Though what you say is true for many Thai people, it is not the case 100% of the time...

I personally know of two Thais that had no problem with the 14 day self-isolation (no outside trips and fresh food delivered to the gate), one being my wife, and the other a local friend who returned home from her job in Bangkok. The fact both are university educated with degrees in microbiology likely had an influence on this outcome, but it can happen.

Locally, the police and Puh-Yai-Baans have been working hard to educate the local families on what to do if a family member returns home, and are actively pursuing any reports of recent arrivals that have not checked in to the local authorities.

stay safe, drink beer!

13 hours ago, SimpleMan555 said:

Though what you say is true for many Thai people, it is not the case 100% of the time...

I personally know of two Thais that had no problem with the 14 day self-isolation (no outside trips and fresh food delivered to the gate), one being my wife, and the other a local friend who returned home from her job in Bangkok. The fact both are university educated with degrees in microbiology likely had an influence on this outcome, but it can happen.

Locally, the police and Puh-Yai-Baans have been working hard to educate the local families on what to do if a family member returns home, and are actively pursuing any reports of recent arrivals that have not checked in to the local authorities.

stay safe, drink beer!

I have little doubt that a village headman can and will enforce home isolation. The issue is more those Thai positives who live in cities.