Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

My ex country of Serbia managed to get a large stock of Sinopharm (not Sinovac)  vaccines back in January. They had a large surplus of vaccines including Pfizer and AZ and they were giving them away to any foreign national who happened to be in Serbia. No registration, no payment... free, free, free.

How come Thailand's Chinese brothers are giving them to Serbia and not Thailand? Don't you just find this extremely interesting?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just one more question, does anyone know if partners/wives or boyfriends/husbands, or in my case a Thai girlfriend can also be signed up & paid for ? If anyone gets any info can you post here please, thanks.

Probably not.

But it depends on that hospital or hospital network's Moderna customer booking system.

I would have the partner/GF, etc. make their own registration, and payment. Then reimiburse them. Keep it simple.

FYI many of these hospital groups are over-subscribed. Now they'll winnow down customers by requiring pre-payment.

Edited by mtls2005

10 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

So private hospitals in Thailand are so "poor" that they cannot afford to buy vaccines?  Hard

Well the old excuse used to be having to treat uninsured foreigners! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

So private hospitals in Thailand are so "poor" that they cannot afford to buy vaccines?  Hard to believe. 

Yeah, it's probably a mix of cash-flow (down as no foreign customers) and risk mitigation.

Some hospitals could afford the payment, but remember this is about a consortium (PHA), and a single order (GPO), and the GPO needs their cut.

I suspect this will be very, very messy,

Maybe not Hopewell messy, but certainly fire-truck messy.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Probably not.

But it depends on that hospital or hospital network's Moderna customer booking system.

I would have the partner/GF, etc. make their own registration, and payment. Then reimiburse them. Keep it simple.

FYI many of these hospital groups are over-subscribed. Now they'll winnow down customers by requiring pre-payment.

Well Pattaya Memorial hospital started a list on 20 June, and swiftly closed it down the following day, me & the Mrs were both registered there for Moderna, hopefully all the others will be the same, and don't forget many Thais use these facilities, much more than expats.

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

A nurse friend of mine signed me up at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital ???? a couple days ago...hope it actually gets here.

Well good luck.... I expect that to be at least as effective as the websites.....

• Like 1

I'd bet my last dollar that thousands of Thais and foreigners have signed up on every list they can find, and will take the first jab that's offered (or the first free one, or the best price) and stiff every other venue.

Asking for something in advance just makes sense.  Maybe not 100%, but hey, run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

Just called Bangkok hospital Bangkok, they do not have Government permission yet to buy and bring in vaccines, you won't being buying anything July 1.......she did mention that there will be equality regarding vaccine queue's, good news for expats IF it happens that way........ 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

No it would be too good to be true and possible for the government to be a little generous when it comes to the health of its citizens ☹️

39 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No.

Available from many hopsital networks.

Check with private hospitals in your area.

Thanks

That should be easy as there is only one in my province and it's only 3 hours away.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Isn't that special.

A random front-line employee answering the phone states some sort of government policy.

Thailand/equality. Good one.

Fly home and get er done, easier......

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well it is good news in a way, but I am concerned about putting 100% down on this. 

And as if knowing how much they need, effects how much they can actually get ????. They just want the cash in the till ASAP. Every dose they can lay their hands on is already spoken for.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

No it would be too good to be true and possible for the government to be a little generous when it comes to the health of its citizens ☹️

The government?

Its citizens?

Which government and which citizens?

As far as I know everybody in Thailand is supposed to get free vaccination. It just takes time.

We don't live in a so called 1st world country. And looking at 1st world counties like i.e. the USA and the UK and am happy about that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The GPO and Zuellig will be completing contractual matters next week.

Ah yes, the GPO, or the "official go between" as they labeled themselves last week, have sealed a deal.

Only last week they were saying that their attorneys would be ratifying the agreement with Zuellig Pharma in August.