Government urged to try harder to procure sufficient vaccine for the Thai people

webfact

59 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

If you were to look at the figures for covid infections & deaths in Oz & NZ, you might have a better understanding of why they have been a bit slow on the vaccinations. Being remote islands is helpful.

Quite apart from the EC stealing millions of AZ doses early on that were destined for Oz ...

From what I read in the media and talking to friends as recent as last night it’s the administration of the vaccines that’s the biggest problem.

The Federal Government obtain them and the States administer them

The usual recipe for disaster too many layers of bureaucracy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where has anything ever been done harder and faster in Thailand when it comes to Government work and bureaucracy.  Slow and steady is how things are done just like the vaccine rollout without any expediency.  However, I know that when I get a certain urge I get on top of it and work harder and faster, but that is a different type of work I would suppose. ????

The real world when you want something done and do it fast you get on a horse and go forward here it is on a Donkey slow even going backwards.

Those at the top have no " critical thinking " ability those that have can't speak or do anything otherwise they loose their the gravy train this not only apply for the virus it entails every problem thus the saying for us foreigners " Amazing Thailand " " This is Thailand "  we all expected this outcome and for those who want to apply the problems here with the rest of the world it does happen other places too.????

18 hours ago, webfact said:

RCPT is urging the government to procure quality vaccines, of all makes

To the Thai ‘leadership’ this is more of a money making opportunity than a public health crisis…..giving China a virtual vaccine monopoly provides for generous kickbacks and maximizes the profits going into official pockets.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Yup. Those two countries have got bogged down in the lockdown trap.

Lockdowns were never a solution, just a mechanism for slowing the virus while the solution gets jabbed into people’s arms. Both are throwing away the advantage they gained by being good at lockdowns, by not quickly transitioning to the next phase

You are wrong about NZ. It is one of three countries in the world that has really shut Covid out simply by locking down infection areas.

The regime is hardly going to listen to lowly medicos.

For military types, albeit untested, they seem incapable of realizing they are in a battle for the war, and their only weapon is a vaccine.

Maximum effort should be expended on getting vaccines into arms. That's it. Everything else is a waste of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

If you were to look at the figures for covid infections & deaths in Oz & NZ, you might have a better understanding of why they have been a bit slow on the vaccinations. Being remote islands is helpful.

Quite apart from the EC stealing millions of AZ doses early on that were destined for Oz ...

That last is a very important point.

The utter lack of moral justification for that act is quite breathtaking!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course they should procure more vaccines. But will the government ever admit they have fudged the whole process of the vaccine procurement.

Some how in typical fashion they will be patting themselves on the bag with big smiles saying how well they have done.

If only there was an indpendent inquiry into the handling and management of this would the truth ever come out. At best a committee will be formed (carefully selected) and those in power will  be exempt from the criticism they fully deserve.

• Like 2

Seeing is believing; never seen anything less competent while clearing out all the government's coffers .........

Wondering simply why all Thai people stand by idly and watch how those clowns in the government are throwing the country into the absolute abyss. Recovery of all this mess and highway robbery will take much more than little sandbox ideas with conditions hardly anyone would agree to - unless they have no choice (like family or work) or from an otherwise suppressed country .........

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sinovac would appear to be out . AZ incapable of producing enough, where they gonna get more and fast ? Especially when you have Anutin in charge 

This is a typical result, when you pick a fairly dim, bottom of the barrel guy, with no experience, and put him in charge of an important ministry, because of political influence, and no other consideration. And then leave him there, during a national emergency. 

Anutin and Prayuth could not have failed more miserably, if they were trying to do so. Willful sabotage? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He got the top job already!

Years ago we used to say in the large factory where I done my Apprenticeship

" That guy is useless at his Job, he,ll do well, and get promoted to the height of his Incompetence "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a typical result, when you pick a fairly dim, bottom of the barrel guy, with no experience, and put him in charge of an important ministry, because of political influence, and no other consideration. And then leave him there, during a national emergency. 

Anutin and Prayuth could not have failed more miserably, if they were trying to do so. Willful sabotage? 

According to both of them all is going to plan. 

Maybe they have different plans ????

Can herd immunity ever be reached in Thailand, given that some in New Zealand with its Pfizer vaccine roll out seem to have some doubts that it can be achieved there? Not Thailand related directly, but surely many of the same principles and problems apply here. A bit depressing but a good read. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/125589173/covid19-new-data-suggests-herd-immunity-unachievable-in-new-zealand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

There is a massive number of people in Thailand who are anti vaccine or frighten of having it.  . I wonder if it will made compulsory 

In the UK the last I heard several days ago, was that now 43% of anti-vaccine people have now changed their mind and had the jab. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Years ago we used to say in the large factory where I done my Apprenticeship

" That guy is useless at his Job, he,ll do well, and get promoted to the height of his Incompetence "

There was a best-selling book on this years ago called The Peter Principle'. 

Cyril Sneer you are probably right. Within the last week staff at Starbucks and King Power have been vaccinated with AZ but still the over 60’s are waiting. Thai’s in the UK were vaccinated in the relevant age groups. Anutin and Pinocchio have a lot to answer for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nkg said:

I know how impressive the covid stats are for Aus and NZ, well done ????

But I'm not sure it entirely justifies the sluggish vaccination roll-out in the southern hemisphere

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&minPopulationFilter=1000000&time=2021-03-23..latest&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&hideControls=true&Metric=People+fully+vaccinated&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=GBR~ITA~DEU~AUS~NZL

Capture.JPG.1eea84c84553d015a27cb39c9aa30920.JPG

The problem in Oz is the bloody media, a couple of ppl got blood clots from their AZ vax and the media blew it up into AZ as a potential death trap, like it's a 1 in 180,000 chance of getting a clot and then multiply that by 100 for chances of dying. We have more AZ than we can possibly use, as we make it here, but too many ppl are scared off getting it courtesy of the doom and gloom media flogging their rotten bad news stories.

52 minutes ago, robsamui said:
2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

A savage editorial today in The Thai Enquirer.

(Link at the end)

I will quote a fraction . . . 

Apologies for cutting the text out for brevity.

I read the article. Shocked and stunned are 2 words I would use to describe the feelings evoked. I say nothing about the content, save to say, it is brave and it is forceful.

What worries me is, Thailand has a habit of certain things happening if a certain faction thinks they can do better. And all governments, legitimate or not, have all failed to curb the ambitions of those who would think that way. I

The people matter not to these factions, except that they are pawns in the greater scheme of things. And the people cannot compete with the resources these factions have at their disposal, because of the failure of governments control.

• Like 1

<QUOTE> "ever been done harder and faster in Thailand"

I expect by govt officials at Krystal Club!

But why did these docs not speak up en masse after the start of the second wave in Samut Sakhon from December 18, 2020? Only now when it does absolutely nothing to ease the situation!