Jump to content

Government urged to try harder to procure sufficient vaccine for the Thai people


webfact

Recommended Posts

vaccine-13621.jpg

 

The Royal College of Physicians of Thailand (RCPT) is urging the government to try harder and faster to procure sufficient, quality vaccines, including alternatives, to inoculate people in Thailand, to build herd immunity as quickly as possible.

 

RCPT Chairman Dr. Anutra Chittinandana said today (Tuesday) that, in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, which is seeing a continuing surge of new infections, the board of the RCPT has found it necessary to issue a second position statement on the issue of vaccines.

 

In the statement, issued today, the RCPT is urging the government to procure quality vaccines, of all makes, which are efficacious against mutated coronavirus, to be administered to the population, especially to those who are yet to receive their first dose.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/government-urged-to-try-harder-to-procure-sufficient-vaccine-for-the-thai-people/

 

Logo-top-.png
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, webfact said:

urging the government to try harder and faster to procure sufficient, quality vaccines, including alternatives, to inoculate people in Thailand,

Where has anything ever been done harder and faster in Thailand when it comes to Government work and bureaucracy.  Slow and steady is how things are done just like the vaccine rollout without any expediency.  However, I know that when I get a certain urge I get on top of it and work harder and faster, but that is a different type of work I would suppose. 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

especially to those who are yet to receive their first dose.

Which effectively means just about everybody in the country right now as the numbers currently jabbed are almost negligible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Royal College of Physicians of Thailand (RCPT) is urging the government to try harder and faster

Yes Prayut are you listening? Probably not, you in your twisted little mind think you are doing a good job, as fast as you possibly can.

Well maybe you think that but nobody else does.

Royal college of Physicians are basically telling you to.... get your bloody finger out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In the statement, issued today, the RCPT is urging the government to procure quality vaccines, of all makes, which are efficacious against mutated coronavirus, to be administered to the population, especially to those who are yet to receive their first dose.

something I said in another thread just today 

 

good on them for making this statement public

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny what countries have fallen down on this...Oz ..Kiwi especially.

 

Vaccination overview
From Our World in Data · Last updated: 2 days ago
image.png.031f6aaec33cddb82f3284a7160dc662.pngThailand
Doses given
 
 
1 shot- 8.98M=  9.2 %
 
2 shots 2.55M=3.7 %
 
 
image.png.87c556f4b428d0ec1ae898780ebe1103.png
 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 
 

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Its funny what countries have fallen down on this...Oz ..Kiwi especially.

 

Vaccination overview
From Our World in Data · Last updated: 2 days ago
image.png.031f6aaec33cddb82f3284a7160dc662.pngThailand
Doses given
 
 
1 shot- 8.98M=  9.2 %
 
2 shots 2.55M=3.7 %
 
 
image.png.87c556f4b428d0ec1ae898780ebe1103.png
 
 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 
 

image.png

Yup. Those two countries have got bogged down in the lockdown trap.
 

Lockdowns were never a solution, just a mechanism for slowing the virus while the solution gets jabbed into people’s arms. Both are throwing away the advantage they gained by being good at lockdowns, by not quickly transitioning to the next phase

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where has anything ever been done harder and faster in Thailand when it comes to Government work and bureaucracy.  Slow and steady is how things are done just like the vaccine rollout without any expediency.  However, I know that when I get a certain urge I get on top of it and work harder and faster, but that is a different type of work I would suppose. 😉

 

Reminds me of a slogan of some Fast Food chain: Got the urge, go to BKk. Or something similar like that... 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, webfact said:

the board of the RCPT has found it necessary to issue a second position statement on the issue of vaccines.

 

Pretty much because, the government didn't seem to accomplish much in the way of improving Thailand's sorry CV vaccine situation in the wake of their FIRST plea for action...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people are thinking exactly the same what the Royal College of Physicians are saying, but the PM won't be listening, as he never ever listen to sensible advice.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Its funny what countries have fallen down on this...Oz ..Kiwi especially.

 

Vaccination overview
From Our World in Data · Last updated: 2 days ago
image.png.031f6aaec33cddb82f3284a7160dc662.pngThailand
Doses given
 
 
1 shot- 8.98M=  9.2 %
 
2 shots 2.55M=3.7 %
 
 
image.png.87c556f4b428d0ec1ae898780ebe1103.png
 
 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 
 

image.png

Why isn't Phuket on their list they were 70% Last Friday and last Saturday 80% they would be at the top of the list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Its funny what countries have fallen down on this...Oz ..Kiwi especially.

 

Vaccination overview
From Our World in Data · Last updated: 2 days ago
image.png.031f6aaec33cddb82f3284a7160dc662.pngThailand
Doses given
 
 
1 shot- 8.98M=  9.2 %
 
2 shots 2.55M=3.7 %
 
 
image.png.87c556f4b428d0ec1ae898780ebe1103.png
 
 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 
 

image.png

 

 

The Antipodean politicians are too busy bragging about what a great job they've done about covid to bother with minor details like vaccinating their populations.

 

Never mind, they are only about a year behind the other western nations.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, nkg said:

 

 

The Antipodean politicians are too busy bragging about what a great job they've done about covid to bother with minor details like vaccinating their populations.

 

Never mind, they are only about a year behind the other western nations.

 

If you were to look at the figures for covid infections & deaths in Oz & NZ, you might have a better understanding of why they have been a bit slow on the vaccinations. Being remote islands is helpful.

 

Quite apart from the EC stealing millions of AZ doses early on that were destined for Oz ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The Royal College of Physicians of Thailand (RCPT) is urging the government to try harder and faster to procure sufficient, quality vaccines,

School boys running a nation.

Report says: must try harder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nkg said:

 

 

The Antipodean politicians are too busy bragging about what a great job they've done about covid to bother with minor details like vaccinating their populations.

 

Never mind, they are only about a year behind the other western nations.

 

Even Cambodia have achieved 45% or better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

If you were to look at the figures for covid infections & deaths in Oz & NZ, you might have a better understanding of why they have been a bit slow on the vaccinations. Being remote islands is helpful.

 

Quite apart from the EC stealing millions of AZ doses early on that were destined for Oz ...

 

 

I know how impressive the covid stats are for Aus and NZ, well done 🙂

 

But I'm not sure it entirely justifies the sluggish vaccination roll-out in the southern hemisphere

 

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&minPopulationFilter=1000000&time=2021-03-23..latest&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&hideControls=true&Metric=People+fully+vaccinated&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=GBR~ITA~DEU~AUS~NZL

 

 

Capture.JPG.1eea84c84553d015a27cb39c9aa30920.JPG

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, webfact said:

In the statement, issued today, the RCPT is urging the government to procure quality vaccines, of all makes, which are efficacious against mutated coronavirus, to be administered to the population, especially to those who are yet to receive their first dose.

The hint was obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He and his are vaccinated and he doesn't give a flying [email protected]#$ about the rest. Tell a Thai to do one thing and they will do the exact opposite . So maybe it will work better if they tell him to slow down or do nothing at all maybe that will start him up this dumb useless peace of human being . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

ts funny what countries have fallen down on this...Oz ..Kiwi especially.

 

Vaccination overview
From Our World in Data · Last updated: 2 days ago
image.png.031f6aaec33cddb82f3284a7160dc662.pngThailand
Doses given
 
 
1 shot- 8.98M=  9.2 %
 
2 shots 2.55M=3.7 %
 
 
image.png.87c556f4b428d0ec1ae898780ebe1103.png

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

 

I think your info is out dated. And for a real comparison they need to not lump countries with the population of a medium size metro area (Iceland , Estonia, etc.) with really larger countries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arick said:

Why isn't Phuket on their list they were 70% Last Friday and last Saturday 80% they would be at the top of the list. 

Things that everybody ought to know about Thailand's numbers and statistics.

1. No Thai 'spokesperson' actually knows the reality of the figures or statistics that they quote. They're handed numbers which have been prepared by somebody else.


2. When a Thai 'spokesperson' isn't given any figures or statistics, they make them up, trying to sound as optimistic as possible.


3. The people who compile the figures or statistics for the Thai 'spokespeople' usually believe that they are accurate, even though they know nothing much about figures or statistics. These figures or statistics are usually ordered to be biased for effect and are frequently inaccurate.


4. Often the people who compile the figures or statistics couldn't care less, as they will be handing the figures or statistics on to somebody else and there's no way of proving them right or wrong, so they just make them up.

 

CONCLUSION: Absolutely no figures or statistics produced or stated by a Thai 'spokesperson' are accurate and can be believed, even if they genuinely think that they are.

laughing out loudTINY.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

The government is urged to try harder, period.

 

You guys are very unimpressive. You just do not seem to take this national emergency seriously. 

 

You just do not seem to take your population seriously. 

 

You just do not seem to take the expat community seriously. 

 

You just do not seem to take the concept of hiring the best and the brightest and the most competent, and the most experienced seriously. 

 

The only thing you guys seem to take seriously, is yourselves. And nobody else does. Maybe never, but certainly not at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sinovac would appear to be out . AZ incapable of producing enough, where they gonna get more and fast ? Especially when you have Anutin in charge 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...