ASEANNOW.com - Thaivisa.com rebrands and expands beyond Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

If you click the “theme” button down below at bottom of page next to the “contact us” you can change it back. 

Spread the word far and wide! Kudos.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Source? Tessanet is registered in Hong Kong so they are by law required by law to provide anything the communist party requests from them regardless of where the servers are. It's also not owned by one man it's owned by shareholders from what I found on the companies house website. 

Please feel free to prove me wrong with a credible source?

What is the point these days of having a media company registered in CCP controlled HK? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now Asean Now has a new IT capable of recognizing the location of members who are warned that those hiding underneath with fake IPs will be immediately deported and confined to Covid field hospitals in case of overcrowding as almost all of them use fake IPs. deported to the north to places kept secret.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, phetphet said:

...Well it just means there is now space for a new Thailand  centric competitor website if someone is willing to set one up.

Isn't there one already? I forgot its name. Rotten Mango, or something like that.

Expats jumping ship or planning or at the very least considering. I know I am.

As stated above, you're late to the party. Other countries and forums already established. None of those people need the endless droning of Thai *news* regarding vaccines that never arrive, hourly government rethinks and Thai PBS hopium.

When you leave Thailand...you leave it.

It's a rebrand the same country boards at the bottom people have always been able to view.

Good to know TV supporting us in time of local crisis.

• Like 2

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Just curious, but it seems like a lot of sections from the previous Thaivisa Forums are missing. Farang Pub, Marriage/Family discussions... is that a feature or a bug?

Work in progress.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Just curious, but it seems like a lot of sections from the previous Thaivisa Forums are missing. Farang Pub, Marriage/Family discussions... is that a feature or a bug?

Some may be but important threads are buried in tiny sub forums lol.

My interest waning already.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Christ you would think people had lost a relative. 
Its just a <deleted> name. 

Yes, a deleted name, that's what Thaivisa is now. Come to think about it, I never knew what the brand name really was, THAIVISA or ThaiVisa or Thai Visa.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Poet said:

From a website economics point-of-view, setting fire to a strong, memorable brand, established over two decades, is insane.

From a Chinese perspective, however, Thailand is a tiny market, whether we are talking commercial potential or political influence. Barely even worth controlling.

Collectively, the ten ASEAN member states represent a market just about big enough to be worth cultivating. The dream here is that the existing traffic and link juice of ThaiVisa will act as an anchor to provide this larger project with the necessary momentum to make all ten country sections viable.

It makes a lot of sense in theory, but absolutely won't work. I have watched so many websites try to transform themselves into a broader portal, not realising that a large part of Google's favor is that you specialize in a particular region or subject niche.

On the other hand, why not?

Despite the TAT-style claims about how well the forum has been doing, we all know the reality, and we all know why it has happened, no point going into that. Suffice to say that the turnover of good contributors has been high, while the dregs and loonies tend to accumulate.

So, at this point, emergency surgery may be justified, especially in terms of possibly delivering a potential market that Chinese owners would consider worth bothering with.

My prediction is that the activity in the Thailand section will drop but remain viable. The existing Cambodia, Vietnam, and Philippines sections will remain about as active as they have been, which is not very. The other sections will feature the occassional post from regulars in the Thailand section, but will never attract expats established in those countries and already well-served by dedicated forums and Facebook groups. There is no way they are going to swap that for the perculiarly user-hostile environment here.

I predict that the Thailand section will be ported back to the ThaiVisa brand and domain within one year, with fewer active users and damaged Google rankings. The remaining AseanNow forum will continue for another year before folding due to lack of interest and too broad a focus.

Very well put mate. I agree with all of what you said above, especially the slashing and burning of a brand that has taken decades to build!

Absolute madness IMO.

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Source? Tessanet is registered in Hong Kong so they are by law required by law to provide anything the communist party requests from them regardless of where the servers are. It's also not owned by one man it's owned by shareholders from what I found on the companies house website. 

Please feel free to prove me wrong with a credible source?

Talking about credible source, please be so kind as to post the link to the page on the "companies house website" you mentioned in your post.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

not going to provide jack <deleted> as I could not be bothered.

If you say it is cshareholder owned then so be it, you are right and Iam wrong.

Perhaps you are both right, for example if al shares of the company are owned by one person.

5 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Talking about credible source, please be so kind as to post the link to the page on the "companies house website" you mentioned in your post.

DM me for it I'm obviously not allowed to discuss it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, misterjames said:

I did post my source as well as screenshots, my post was the second post on this topic but my post disappeared .

Well, the fact that this happened, and that none of us are in any way surprised by it, says more than any document from a "credible source" could about the management of this forum and the precise level of esteem in which they hold their users traffic.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 2