Moderna booking in Bangkok

michael888

after more than 4 hours in a phone queue, including 45 minutes on '3 minutes remaining', I think I registered myself for Moderna on Kasemrad site. but ....

Could NOT work out how to pay. Very unclear . Any ideas about how I pay for this. There did not seem to be a credit card or any other pay in format on the site.

Tried to contact the hospital but no answer

You may be lucky in Bangkok. Here in Chiang Mai the private hospitals I have tried are either unable, or unwilling to register and the answer one gets is, try next week. Has anyone in Chiang Mai had any success registering for the Moderna vaccine at a private hospital?????

I am also in CNX.  The "Ram" is like talking to  Sgt Shultz "I know nothing".  I believe they have other vaccine problems as well:

"province has been allocated".  Not great news when it is already July 2021. 

Announcement of Chiang Mai Ram Hospital
---
Because Chiang Mai has been allocated a vaccine for those who have a queue of "doctors ready" until July 1, 2021.
#For those who have a doctor's queue ready From 2 July 2021 (for the 1st vaccination appointment), please wait for an appointment from the hospital. When the province has been allocated vaccines The hospital will inform you later.
If there is a change, the hospital will inform you again.
in order to receive accurate information Please follow through the public relations channels of Chiang Mai Ram Hospital only.

I had to use LINE to register to get a number, then accidently found a link to go confirm and pay on the Line Timeline, not in the THG (Thonburi Hospital, Bangkok) Line account. I don't know if the links will work pasting from Line to this forum, but they might, so see below:

THIS TO REGISTER:

ลิ้งค์สำหรับลงทะเบียนวัคซีนทางเลือก Moderna
https://thg-vaccine-web.thonburibamrungmuang.com/

THIS TO CONFIRM AND PAY:

https://timeline.line.me/user/_dZBWWlxsMWkn0BuvIQr3ONIgTQ2UhvKBl-OBaHI?utm_medium=windows&utm_source=desktop&utm_campaign=OA_Profile#

Edited by ClaySmc

38 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

You may be lucky in Bangkok. Here in Chiang Mai the private hospitals I have tried are either unable, or unwilling to register and the answer one gets is, try next week. Has anyone in Chiang Mai had any success registering for the Moderna vaccine at a private hospital?????

As with you I have had no positive response from any private hospital. The answer basically is they have no idea what date the vaccine will arrive in this country, when it will be QC passed by the GPO, when it will be released for distribution and finally they have no confirmed quantity for this year or next. A Thai friend thinks he has a booking for October at one well known hospital but on checking with the hospital I found that all he has done is register his email address to which they will send further information when they have any. Certainly he has no booking.

Basically the government has it's jackboot on the neck of private hospitals and is micromanaging every aspect of their acquisition of Moderna. 

• Like 2

If you have Line on your phone add THG.  You will get messages on how to register.  There are several hospitals to choose from but I think they are all in the Bangkok area.

Once you have registered you will get a message to pay.  They want 2,400 up front, 1,200 for each shot.  Plus you will have to pay an additional 500 baht when you get a shot.

You will probably need someone that reads Thai to help you.  It does say you can get your money back if it gets delayed past December. 

• Like 1

Try this. https://www.chularat.com/vaccine/

I did register and paid 2400 for 2 shots. They said they will let me know via sms what my queue number is.

It is all in Thai so get a Thai person to help with it if you can't read Thai.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve187 said:

wife booked me in on this site today, she had her 1st AZ jab to day at local Gov. hospital in Ban chang, was booked for the 11th but rang her today to come in, -  https://register.princhealth.com/en/register.html

Could you give details regarding how to make payment after registration with Princhealth? I did register this morning with them and got a registration number and their saying will send SMS re payment "once the vaccine has arrived" - which I assumed not true. Still haven't received any SMS since the 1st one that sent over the OTP number needed for registration. Thanks,

THG (Thonburi Hospital, Bangkok) worked well. Booked it yesterday after being in the line at 3xx.000 for some weeks. There were over 800.000 pre-registered.

You just do it via Line you can register there, fill out the form and pay via Credit Card. The process is superb if you compare to anything else in Thailand. 0 problems, the systems went down for some hours yesterday but I bet around 500.000+ people paid their Moderna vaccine there yesterday and tried it the same time. Not even AIS or True handles that when a new Iphone comes out :P 

They are super active on their Facebook page including FAQs and a call center if you have questions https://www.facebook.com/thonburihealthcaregroup/

Again super pleasant experience and now the question is just when the Moderna vaccine will be ordered (haha) and when it will be delivered (I doubt October). Yes it's a gamble but I am okay investing that money into a possible Moderna vaccine in 2021. I understand that the vaccine can come 2022 and I may pay double, but all is better than just Astra.

The owner of the THG is also publicly challenging the government to not f*** this up and I like that they try to get big money (pre-order money) behind this to force the government to order good amounts. If that helps/works we will see, but they fighting. 

10 hours ago, xenophon said:

after more than 4 hours in a phone queue, including 45 minutes on '3 minutes remaining', I think I registered myself for Moderna on Kasemrad site. but ....

Could NOT work out how to pay. Very unclear . Any ideas about how I pay for this. There did not seem to be a credit card or any other pay in format on the site.

Tried to contact the hospital but no answer

You pay by transferring the money to their Krungsri bank account. It is given in the vaccine booking system on their website, once you arrive at payment.

You then upload the payment slip to the vaccine booking system.

Usually,  a Thai would pay by mobile banking (or prompt pay). Then uploading the payment slip is easy. 

After payment,  the system wants to know for whom you want a vaccine. 

There is an option "for myself".

3 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

If you've been in Thailand any amount of time, you'll recognise this as the 'sick buffalo' routine. Get a bunch of foreigners to pay upfront.

Do these profiteers really think demand will outstrip supply no matter how much vax they bring in?

It's mostly Thais paying upfront.

All this isn't geared to foreigners. 

4 hours ago, Lorry said:

They want 3300 upfront.

Considering you are buying a lottery ticket,  with an unknown chance of winning, that's a bit rich. 

Yes a bit of a pig-in-a-poke to this but considering a trip to USA JUST to get either Moderna or Pfizer would be multi thousands of dollars and maybe 5-6 weeks entailed maybe the gamble is worth it.

My wife registered me at Bang Po (BKK) hospital about a month ago and paid the then price of 3,800 using their line account on 1 phone while talking to the hospital on another phone. Now we're waiting for the "Big Fight" scenario to play out regarding the when.

I also find it cute that she has me checking email every day to see when they're going to give some of that money back since the price has dropped like 2-3x. ????

9 hours ago, burner2014 said:

just do it via Line you can register there

Looks like you cannot register there. You can pay if you are already registered. 

BTW it is only in Thai, not easy to translate by Google because it is all pictures. 

It is often down, anyway.

The last couple of days it said "closed". "Open tomorrow". ????

FAQ direct to call center. Call center impossible to reach. 

This is not oriented towards foreigners,  just like all the other Moderna programs. 

For fun,  read the chularat link given above. 

Best examples are BPH and Bangkok Hospital: open registration for Thais, wait until it's all full, then open for foreigners. 

Accept that Moderna is for Thais.

Edited by Lorry

Based on reports in the Thai press and on social media, most/many/all hospitals were subscribed to, and above, their capacity.

Many do not want to take payments for vaccines they knowingly (internal plan) will not be able to provide in a timely manner (by end of January 2022).

Obviously keep trying but I wouldn't expect much. Queuing is said to be based on date/time of day that payment was made and an invoice/receipt issued.

57 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Accept that Moderna is for Thais.

Yeah. Probably 95 % for this tranche, maybe higher. Well over 1 MILLION Thais probably laid out ~ 5 BILLION baht yesterday. WIll be an angry crowd that the regime will have to answer to, hence the heat today.

Edited by mtls2005

10 hours ago, Lorry said:
14 hours ago, rwill said:

They want 3300 upfront.

Considering you are buying a lottery ticket,  with an unknown chance of winning, that's a bit rich. 

It also says they will refund if you don't get it.  But reserve the right to not refund if you choose not to get the shots.  You can also transfer your shots to someone else if you want to.

• Like 1

hey guys... i contact a few hospitals regarding the Moderna booking... i found out that many of them say that doctor fee is not included ...when i asked how much the doctor fee , so far only got answer from 1 place that say :

"Doctor fee is approximately 1,000 - 1,500 Baht** per doctor per visit."

first of all...why do we even need a doctor to get a vaccine ?.. and why u cant say a correct number ? 1000 ? or 1500 ?
if its 1500 per jab - its 3000 baht extra on top of the 3400 baht for the vaccine...

can anyone here who already book an appointment can tell me if they ask for extra fees when the day come ?

About an hour ago, Saturday morning, our local Bangkok Hospital called to say we sign up.  But they said we had to go to the hospital to do so.  So I guess they don't have an online signup for it.  So if you use Bangkok Hospital you might want to give them a call if you are interested.