Tired of being ignored, volunteers at Phuket Dog Shelter lodge complaint with Governor

Jonathan Fairfield

1625294947_1-org.jpeg

Phuket Vice Governor Vikrom Jakthee accepts the formal complaint from volunteers at the Phuket Dog Shelter yesterday. Photo: PR dept

PHUKET: Volunteers at the Phuket Stray Dog Shelter have filed an official complain to Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew after claiming their requests for help from the Phuket Provincial Livestock Office (PPLO) have been constantly ignored.

The formal complaint, received in person by Phuket Vice Governor Vikrom Jakthee yesterday (July 2), claimed that the PPLO had informed the volunteers that any requests or complaints were being handled by the Phuket Provincial Administrative Organisation (PPAO or OrBorJor).

After hearing nothing from the PPAO for six months, the volunteers approached the organisation again for an update only to be told it was not their responsibility and it would be handled by the PPLO after all.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/tired-of-being-ignored-volunteers-at-phuket-dog-shelter-lodge-complaint-with-governor-80550.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-04

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I agree with you 100% - unless these dogs are rehomed, then they are just a drain on any society resources. They'd be better off putting down any that cannot be rehomed and all money donated for dogs go into castrating and neutering all dogs still on the streets to let them die out.

You shouldn't be in charge of rehoming homeless children is see or do you want to neuter them as well , bit harsh i think and maybe you should be together with clive while being put ..... together with the stray dogs . I do know there is a problem , but putting them down just like that . Jave a bit of symphaty these are lives as well . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I hope you're a stray then .

The old, dogs are better than some humans angle, well they are not and these people posing as animal lovers almost certainly eat them anyway. Neuter strays and they are still a menace and a pest causing road accidents, noise and inconvenience. Destroying them is what has to happen if the place is not to continue looking third world.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You shouldn't be in charge of rehoming homeless children is see or do you want to neuter them as well , bit harsh i think and maybe you should be together with clive while being put ..... together with the stray dogs . I do know there is a problem , but putting them down just like that . Jave a bit of symphaty these are lives as well . 

Lives????  please explain....

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I do know there is a problem , but putting them down just like that . Jave a bit of symphaty these are lives as well . 

Ah, sympathy. A word between <deleted> and syphilis in the dictionary. Regretably, the dog sanctuary has made a rod for its own back and now expects to be bailed out. 

Release them all, no one cares, problem solved. As long as none can be traced back to the sanctuary when they have bitten children, etc...but then even those dogs are never destroyed.

There's an old addage, no good deed remains unpunished.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Pathetic post mate considering I and my wife have taken care of an abandoned Thai child since the day she was born and mum didn't want her. Now 5 years later , she is going to school and top of her class - children are not dogs, grow up. Think saving her from an orphanage is enough to prove my heart is in the right place - unlike your brain apparently 

Yeah yeah your hart is in the right place that's why you would uthenise those dogs just like that while there are people wanting to take care of them . Your hart is really in the right place must be in the place where you can stick the part talking about my brain . 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

The old, dogs are better than some humans angle, well they are not and these people posing as animal lovers almost certainly eat them anyway. Neuter strays and they are still a menace and a pest causing road accidents, noise and inconvenience. Destroying them is what has to happen if the place is not to continue looking third world.  

And you really think destroying them will make this place look less third world . Well i have news for you , it will take many different things to make that work and they have nothing to do with stray dogs . And if you think destroying those dogs will make it look less third world destroying people like .... will be on the same agenda to make that work . Would surely make it much more nice with the dogs and without your kind . 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Ah, sympathy. A word between <deleted> and syphilis in the dictionary. Regretably, the dog sanctuary has made a rod for its own back and now expects to be bailed out. 

Release them all, no one cares, problem solved. As long as none can be traced back to the sanctuary when they have bitten children, etc...but then even those dogs are never destroyed.

There's an old addage, no good deed remains unpunished.

You are right , no good deed remains unpunished . So the person destroying them will also not go unpunished. And about dogs biting children , that's the same as all black people are drug dealers and all muslims are terrorists . How many times do dogs bite children ?? It surely happens i am not saying it never happens but C'mon . 

• Confused 1

Try complaining to a dog shelter about the noise, see where that gets you, even though you were there before the shelter. My suggestions: Stop thinking about dogs first. Why take on more than you knew you had staff for. Your shelter is over crowded, accommodation was for 300 dogs now 1,000., In 5 years you have not reduced the amount of dogs needing shelter, but increased it. Time to start putting soi dogs down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here is the problem that I have with the simple minded over-riding answer of solving the soi dog problem is from the usual white nationalist from colonial imperialist empires of putting every soi dog down…so we would have streets free from ownerless dogs just like in our own countries w/o any consideration of the Thai culture, Thai religion and Thai people’s input in solving their own issue…it works in my country so that is good enough for me mentality….

the current soi dog management issue is really dictated by cultural policies and beliefs…which many westerners on this board flat out don’t agree with…

is this management issue any different than a host of other in-country issues like air pollution, road safety, drownings, garbage/litter, disease control, and now currently the vaccination roll out?

I commend the people Thais and foreigners who volunteer their time and even monies to help the soi dog population…

any person who donates or devotes their personal resources to whatever cause that suits them shoukd not be criticized or told that those resources should go to help neglected or abused children or whatever instead…

This is a personal choice not a priority ranking of causes…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

you would uthenise those dogs just like that while there are people wanting to take care of them

If there are people wanting to take care of these  dogs  then why are they still in the "dog shelter"  ?   

A person who cared about their dog would not let it roam around freely causing chaos and mayhem for everyone else, take these pests off the street,

Those pets that accidentally get caught up in the capture will  quickly be rescued by their real owner

the rest should after a week or two  be humanely sent to the next life.

Edited by johng
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

If there are people wanting to take care of these  dogs  then why are they still in the "dog shelter"  ?   

A person who cared about their dog would not let it roam around freely causing chaos and mayhem for everyone else, take these pests off the street,

Those pets that accidentally get caught up in the capture will  quickly be rescued by their real owner

the rest should after a week or two  be humanely sent to the next life.

I hope people keep that in mind when for whatever reason you loose your house and job or whatever . These dogs didn't choose for this and there are people taking care of them hence the ask for help from the government in this story . The people that do this do this for free and are trying to give these dogs some kind of a live . And 99% of all the streetdogs are no hassle to nobody .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

99% of all the streetdogs are no hassle to nobody

They are a hassle to me every single night  whilst I'm trying to sleep...now if I where to go round prodding them all day whilst they are sleeping some "dogy do gooders" would report it as animal cruelty !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Surelynot said:

With an estimated population of 8.5 million.........that is 85,000 of them causing hassle........not acceptable.

They are a blight on the nation.

Yeah your stat's tell a true tale bro.

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, Tropposurfer said:

I am sure I will get into a heap of trouble for saying this but what the heck. With all the unfed, starving, abused, and unloved children, and the lonely, isolated elderly in this world why do people focus on stray dogs? I have some pretty good ideas as to the possible answers to this question.

are you talking about stupid parents who had kids when they didn't have a lot of money from the start ?

it seems to me that having kids is a choice for people, but not for dogs !

no respect for people who keep having kids nowadays, they must be very concerned by their future...

18 hours ago, johng said:

They are a hassle to me every single night  whilst I'm trying to sleep...now if I where to go round prodding them all day whilst they are sleeping some "dogy do gooders" would report it as animal cruelty !

Coochi coo i'm feeling so sorry for you . I geuss you really have some sleepless nights because of those dogs . But i bet you sleep like a baby every night and your just axaggerating .

• Confused 1