Taco Bell Pattaya

TaaSaparot

I do miss the Mexican food in the US. Even fast food like LA Salsa. Line or wild  caught fish, wild shrimp, super fresh salsas for free! Also free chips. And real Mexican food. 

Never had good Mexican in Thailand. Have had some that is passable. But, the ingredients, the salsas and especially the tortillas are really vapid. A poor substitute, generally. 

And as far as gourmet Mexican goes, impossible to find here. Swordfish poblano. Fresh grilled (not fried) fish. Homemade mole sauces. Lobster tacos. Properly made Spanish rice. Sinaloa ceviche, etc. Wow. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, champers said:

I wish them well and must presume they have a good deal on rent. RGP is as dead as a doornail now and the last couple of times I have passed through there big names like Svennsons had mothballed the business for lack of customers. They might tick over at weekends when Pattaya gets visitors from other provinces.

What does mothballed mean?

On 7/5/2021 at 7:49 PM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Mmm, I miss the BKK Taco Bells up here in Issan, as you can see from my avatar. Closest I can get are kebabs in the market, which aren't too bad.

Why do you want to live there? Genuinely interested

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What does mothballed mean?

Closed but all equipment, tables and chairs still in place, so it seems they are ready and able to open back up when things improve.

As you know, some places just clear everything out and close; or move; for good.

RGP is a good aircon cut through from Beach Road to 2nd Road and Svenssons are/were a tempting stop-off point on the way through.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:22 AM, redwood1 said:

I wanted Taco Bell to come to Thailand for many years,But I was let down by a few things about Thailand Taco Bell.....

1.....No beans.........My favorite thing from Taco Bell are Bean Burritos.....A mexican food restaurant that does not serve beans is just strange...(Not a single bean to be found on Taco Bell Thailand's menu)....

2...Taco Bell Thailand is on the expensive side for fast food  https://tacobell.co.th/thailand-en/#menu  compared to Taco Bell USA which is CHEAP.....

Plus Pattaya finally has some decent even very good Mexican food these days.....

What's the point of comparing a fast restaurant with the same restaurant in the USA? Did you expect it to be cheaper? It's a novelty here and not all of us are from the US where takeaway food is very cheap with big servings. You can save your cash and wait until you get back to the USA.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I do miss the Mexican food in the US. Even fast food like LA Salsa. Line or wild  caught fish, wild shrimp, super fresh salsas for free! Also free chips. And real Mexican food. 

Never had good Mexican in Thailand. Have had some that is passable. But, the ingredients, the salsas and especially the tortillas are really vapid. A poor substitute, generally. 

And as far as gourmet Mexican goes, impossible to find here. Swordfish poblano. Fresh grilled (not fried) fish. Homemade mole sauces. Lobster tacos. Properly made Spanish rice. Sinaloa ceviche, etc. Wow. 

Yes! Mole, just like chocolate some places.

22 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Only if you're a moron. Is that what you do? Only eat one dish and decide you'll never try another? 

There is no shortage of nasty authentic Mexican food. 

No, of course not. If I've never had Siberian food, say, and try some and hate it or get sick from it, I try it many more times hoping for a better outcome. And you?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, elgenon said:

No, of course not. If I've never had Siberian food, say, and try some and hate it or get sick from it, I try it many more times hoping for a better outcome. And you?

You're the one that claimed people would judge all Mexican food by one dish, not me. 

Taco.JPG.0d23189cc502f2c8bff5a9f37c165dfc.JPG

It's just as bad as Taco Bell in the US.  Bland/tasteless unless soaked in their salty hot sauce, no salsas of any quality or spice included before or during the cooking process.    If you like that taste, you will love it!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

It's just as bad as Taco Bell in the US.  Bland/tasteless unless soaked in their salty hot sauce, no salsas of any quality or spice included before or during the cooking process.    If you like that taste, you will love it!

How many menu items have you tried?

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Seems odd that menu items 3 & 4 are Baht 158 for a double (which I assume means only the 2 tacos, not including the other combo items) bu individual tacos are Baht 69.

69 x 2 = ???

welcome to Thailand.

it's not the first "special" I see in Thailand that works that way.

"special" prices made by "special" people for "special" people.

check at Makro and other large markets, sometimes the pack of two costs more than 2 times the single product. "saver package"...

Edited by tgw
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Seems odd that menu items 3 & 4 are Baht 158 for a double (which I assume means only the 2 tacos, not including the other combo items) bu individual tacos are Baht 69.

69 x 2 = ???

Clearly you don't understand the concept. Every addition costs more. Normal Taco; 69 baht. Normal Taco with reduced fat(and flavour) sour cream and diced tomatoes = Taco Supreme....more baht.

I would rather make my own.

32 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

69 x 2 = ???

Do the single tacos not look and read differently than the tacos on the specials? 

On 7/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, Yellowtail said:

How many menu items have you tried?

Beef taco supreme, chicken taco supreme, grilled stuffed burrito, California burrito, side of picco all blah!  Its not terrible, ingredients are fresh enough, just lacks in flavor aside from the packet of hot sauce on the side.   

2 hours ago, jmccarty said:

Beef taco supreme, chicken taco supreme, grilled stuffed burrito, California burrito, side of picco all blah!  Its not terrible, ingredients are fresh enough, just lacks in flavor aside from the packet of hot sauce on the side.   

You didn't think to add one of wide selection of free sauces they offer? 

Not my thing but my wife loves it and I don't think it's that bad.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

You didn't think to add one of wide selection of free sauces they offer? 

If I have to smother their overpriced bland and small portioned food with sauce to make every bite decent to eat, they won't be seeing me as a regular customer.  Their soft chicken tacos are a poor version of any street vendor's better tasting and bigger sized chicken doner kebab.

Edited by bbko

32 minutes ago, bbko said:

If I have to smother their overpriced bland and small portioned food with sauce to make every bite decent to eat, they won't be seeing me as a regular customer.  Their soft chicken tacos are a poor version of any street vendor's better tasting and bigger sized chicken doner kebab.

With undertones of exhaust fumes.......

They must be doing something right to keep expanding. Taco Bell is pretty popular in Bangkok with majority customers being Thai locals. Once Thailand opens up and Pattaya is back on ts feet when ever that will be I can see them being busy every night as their  location is prime.

Edited by nightfox

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Absolutely. If your priorities are high volume, low cost food, it's probably not the place for you.

That said, the kabobs off the cart at the corner of 6th and the beach road were the bomb....

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

They must be doing something right to keep expanding. Taco Bell is pretty popular in Bangkok with majority customers being Thai locals. Once Thailand opens up and Pattaya is back on ts feet when ever that will be I can see them being busy every night as their  location is prime.

The reason Taco Bell keeps expanding is because of the economic might of the company behind them I seriously doubt the company has made any money at all yet from Taco Bell..

The first Taco Bell was only in February 2019.......The social media response to Taco Bell not having Beans or Beef on the menu was hugely negative...No telling how many sales were lost by this ....And when they finally did get beef, people did not seem too impressed with the quality.....

Then one year after they open, covid hits....Lots of restricted hours, closings, Take out only bla bla bla....

So they started really pushing take-away......

I am not sure how well Taco Bell food holds up as a take away food?

Many setbacks but they keep expanding......

Sunrise Taco tried to expand to Pattaya but the restaurants failed....Maybe Taco Bell will make it, we will see.....

But like other have said Taco Bell not exactly cheap food here like it is in the USA....

Edited by redwood1

35 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The single seems to have a red sauce on it, the special a white sauce.

So what's the difference?

Probably the meat. I noticed most of their choices are chicken by default, but you can order beef (for an extra fee).