Moderna Registration today at Chiang Mai Ram hospital

Tracyb

Just now, ThaiPauly said:

Do you think I care less?

You should do a bit more research before you post misinformation.....you should never start with " I read somewhere" it's a recepie  for disaster 

You should read what I said, I said that I read somewhere on TV that CM Ram were charging more than the price stipulated by the govt. From memory the price quoted in the article I read on TV was 4000 baht PLUS hospital & admin fees for the 2 doses.

Anyone who has lived here for more than 15 minutes should have realized that websites, email, are not the popular and accepted means of communication - especially with the Gov't

Always down, or if not down never updated.

Never answered.

Find another way - altho this means actually standing up and moving - which some must find hard.

Always amazed that people who are retired - got all day with nothing to do but eat, pinch a loaf, and sleep - can't get out and about and find these things out.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Has the government actually ordered Moderna...or are they still shuffling papers? Because from what I read a couple of days ago, Moderna orered now would not arrive until next year. Have they actually ordered it from Moderna??

No......they are waiting for all the hospitals and trusts to pay them 

So when will the Moderna vaccine arrive?

My best guess would be about February.

But don't take my word for it  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

No......they are waiting for all the hospitals and trusts to pay them 

So when will the Moderna vaccine arrive?

My best guess would be about February.

But don't take my word for it  

The Attorney General's Office said today they had signed off on the Moderna contract, but the recent statements have suggested it won't be formally signed by the government and the importer until early August... Remains to be seen whether they'll try to move up that date now given the mounting public furor...

I've supposedly had my name on the lists at several private hospitals in BKK regarding future Moderna or other non-government vaccines. Thus far, up through today, have never had any follow-up contact back from any of them.

It seems to be par for the course, as was the way the CM hospital totally mishandled their vaccine signup process today.

Read article earlier this week supply for Thailand and other countries were committed local manufactured product. Sounds like split some for Thailand and some to fill orders

commited to other countries. ... 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Remains to be seen whether they'll try to move up that date now given the mounting public furor...

It has been my experience thru my life that the Gov't could care less how much noise people make.

Now - special interest groups - that's another matter

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, malibukid said:

to be fair, i have encountered more than a few expats from a certain country who think Covid is a hoax and will not take the vaccine.

well, on the plus side us these crazy conspiracy theorists today were out and about enjoying life ............not stuck in traffic jams,  not losing their cool and arguing on forums with other

jab or wockies,   and certainly not getting all upset about the lack of "vaccines " and the lack of efficiency y'all are experiencing,   Check your blood pressure...... it can get dangerously high during these times.

Ahhhh, darling "bring my tin hat and another beer please"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

an organisation of titanic (the ship) dimensions.
my friend couldn't get through; telephone and walking only- queue started at 3 AM, closed at 6.;
why not via app or website?
(he's also registered wit sripat and princ (the latter in lamphun).

208804786_337874197795343_4163606468224976550_n.jpg

Edited by orchis
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:

I am allegedly on a list to get a Moderna vaccine at Lanna Hospital in October. I paid with my Visa card, 2,400 baht for the vaccine and will have to pay a 500 baht service charge for each of the two jabs.

I am also registered online.

Got the notification,went to pay but it won’t open the card detail section and allow me to pay. Been trying for 3 days,wife got the same notification and pain instantly using the same app.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

My wife went there 7.00 this morning, all gone , no surprise

as she was told there only had 300 doses, it's a joke really,

They will have them in October ....too little , too late

She was looking on Facebook , which she never does,but good

she did ,there was a post from San Sai hospital saying those 

that went to the hospital on the 3rd ,and found that they had

no AstraZeneca Vaccine , to come on the 6th they will have

some, so back to the hospital tomorrow........ 

regards worgeordie

The wife was there at 06:00 and had Q number 150, only 300 allowed and 5 people for each q number. Paid and got the vouchers. Now she will cancel the vaccine in BKK (5 people actually booked in BKK) that she paid 3 hrs before she found out that Ram was opening bookings on Monday. Just shows how incompetent the people at high level are (read government) I registered through Pakan Sakom a month or so ago put got no reaction nor reply yet. 

46 minutes ago, malibukid said:

to be fair, i have encountered more than a few expats from a certain country who think Covid is a hoax and will not take the vaccine.

To be fair for me it is not a hoax but the vaccine does not protect 100%. I  take my jabs just because it will allow me more freedom to move around but I have no high hopes it will protect me. 

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

Not true

I paid 3,300, which is 100 baht LESS than the government  recommended  price

3,300 is the max price allowed by the government for 2 shots.  3,400 and 3,800 are out of date.  But it could change in an hour or two.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pronto2 said:

You most certainly can blame Ram Hospital, and I do, when it is the case (such as it was with me) that they twice assured me in writing that they would notify me when they were ready to take payments.  They did not do as they said they would.  Yes, I blame them.  And after a number of medical treatments with them over the years, I feel I should look elsewhere for the future.

I stopped using their service when my doctor called them (me sitting in front of him) for a scan, after they received my name for an appointment, they wanted to add 3000 baht more than agreed before with the doctor. My doctor told no and ended the conversation. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brommers said:

You can out your name on many lists but none will help you get vaccinated. A friend has his name on a list at a hospital and he thinks it is a booking for vaccination in October, but it is merely a list to receive an email! The truth is there is no vaccine and there will probably be no vaccine this year because Moderna can sell every dose it makes to competent governments in 50 other countries. We are doomed to live in asylum led by the prize idiots who got power at the barrel of a gun.

A friend of mine started contacting private hospitals about two months back with a view to getting on as many vaccination lists as soon as available and accepting any vaccine. Six hospitals were contacted and three responded with 'no plans but we'll let you know' but the other three took his details. About six weeks ago he was offered an AZ vaccination date by one of those so grabbed it. In the three weeks running up to his confirmed vaccination date, another hospital offered him an AZ appointment date so he advised them it was getting one elsewhere and canceled. He got his first AZ shot about 11 days ago. He has subsequently signed up at a 7th hospital via their online booking for Moderna and grabbed a backup or booster shot for himself since the delivery is late in the year.

It all depends on how much one really wants to get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yang123 said:

Whats happening at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai? 

I was told that the registration is coming soon and watch for an announcement on their "Official social media". 

Edited by prism
  • Like 1

Was in Samui 3 days ago when they announced they were going to give AZ shots at a university for foreigners.  The size of the crowd made what we saw when we went to RAM this morning look like a book club meeting.  There must have been 700 or 800 (tried to rough count it) people in line and it was just a madhouse (especially when a hard rain came out of nowhere!).  This entire rollout has tarnished the image of Thailand as a medical destination and graphically points out just how inept the government is here and how their word does not mean squat.

21 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

The US promised that every American would be vaccinated.  Other countries have been able to vaccinate their citizens here in Thailand but the US says "we traditionally don't provide medical assistance to Americans living overseas".  To top it off, there is a bunch of different kinds of vaccine sitting in Guam but it is so hard to get there (but not hard to bring it here) and the quarantine there and here means 3 weeks total sitting in (and paying for) a hotel.

As George Bernard Shaw opined, "Life is not meant to be easy" but maybe that got skipped over in American schools.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

The US promised that every American would be vaccinated.  Other countries have been able to vaccinate their citizens here in Thailand but the US says "we traditionally don't provide medical assistance to Americans living overseas".  To top it off, there is a bunch of different kinds of vaccine sitting in Guam but it is so hard to get there (but not hard to bring it here) and the quarantine there and here means 3 weeks total sitting in (and paying for) a hotel.

We, no doubt, have a mutual ground on which to agree but I think you go a bit overboard lying all responsibility on the US. Yes all two countries ... China and France have moved to get vaccines to their citizens in Thailand but ... only two. Ground to agree? I note that Americans who have earned US veteran retirement have been told that their vaccine costs in Thailand will be covered while those Americans who have earned, and paid for Medicare retirement are told our costs will not be covered. As an American retiree living in Thailand, in part, due to not being able to afford an equal retirement in my own country this inequity is the most grating. I extend my criticizing a bit more ... as a matter of US policy, military retirees have global medical care coverage while those covered by Medicare are not covered outside US territory. The Pfizer/Moderna not being ordered and made available in Thailand is the direct responsibility of the government of Thailand. The US is currently taking an active role in sending vaccines to poorer countries.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Confused 1

I just checked and the CM Ram FB page on this "mess" has over 1000 comments(as expected mostly negative).  A few comments like "my elderly mother got in line at 700 and was told registration was over".  My guess is if CM Ram registers again it will be a different experience(at least I hope so).  In the years I have gone to CM Ram medical services the doctors, nurses, the girls who accept payment, technicians and the pharmacists have always been helpful, professional and very capable.  Hearing about what happened today is surprising.  

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

no one is 'doomed' to live here. If the unavailability is causing you anxiety perhaps you should return to the country of your birth to receive your vax. 

You do not mince your words but I agree with the sentiment inasmuch as it is about time that farangs wake up . Why ?  Private hospitals will be at the back of the queue and behind the government hospitals to secure vaccines although there may be some small acquisitions . In general farangs will be the last to be treated but there will be exceptions by way of who you know and brown envelopes . Thai folks are also desperate for the vaccines and will not take kindly to queue jumpers , especially farangs . All I can say is there is little or no vaccine available in Thailand especially for farangs . Only way to be sure is to get back to your home country for a vaccination because you are gambling with your life and predictions are that the virus situation in Thailand and S.E. asia will get a lot worse over the next 2 months .

• Like 1