UK Passport renewed, notify other agencies?

3 hours ago, 007 RED said:

No doubt there are other agencies/organisations that may need to be informed and other TV members will chip in with additions.

My current Pacific Cross health insurance certificate & card both state my current passport number, so, if the OP has health insurance cover, he should check whether any of his insurer's documentation includes his passport number (and, if so, get it rectified as necessary).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

As far as the banks are concerned, they prefer that you contact them with your new passport details. However, there are no negative consequences to failing to do so. I suspect the same is true of other organisations and government agencies.

The vehicle reg docs only occurred to me today when I tried to advertise my car for sale on One2car.com and my ad was rejected. You have to upload your id/passport copy and your car book. I uploaded my new passport which I didn't realise didn't tally with my blue book.

I don't know what would happen if you want to sell, would they accept copies of your old and new passport or is it a trip to the licensing centre to update the book first. I thought other members may have come across this situation themselves.

4 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Recently renewed my UK passport, got immigration to transfer visa 

Is there a specific time limit for this ?

Can you renew your passport and inform immigration a month or Two months later .

I know there is a letter that comes with your new passport to give to Immi. is it dated , does it have a use by date ?

37 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Can you renew your passport and inform immigration a month or Two months later .

I know there is a letter that comes with your new passport to give to Immi. is it dated , does it have a use by date ?

I don't think there's any time limit.

15 hours ago, NE1 said:

When I gave my Embassy letter to immigration a few weeks ago, I filled in the date and all the other information. Everyone gets the same form and fills in their details.

24 minutes ago, Ombra said:

When I gave my Embassy letter to immigration a few weeks ago, I filled in the date and all the other information. Everyone gets the same form and fills in their details.

So if I get my new passport in July with the Embassy letter , I can wait till October until I present my new passport and the letter to immigration ?

49 minutes ago, NE1 said:

So if I get my new passport in July with the Embassy letter , I can wait till October until I present my new passport and the letter to immigration ?

You could but why wait? It means having both passports passports with you if needed due to the old one being canceled.

17 hours ago, NE1 said:

Not a problem, I always updated concerned Docs upon expiration date...

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

I didn't consider that because I needed to get a new driving licence as well, and so I wanted my new passport number to be in the different databases. However, before I received the new passport, people on this site pointed out that you are not obliged to transfer the stamps straightaway. You will get all the advice you need from others on this Forum.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, BritTim said:

As far as the banks are concerned, they prefer that you contact them with your new passport details. However, there are no negative consequences to failing to do so.

I did experience a negative consequence of failing to inform my bank of my new passport details following my last renewal, in that I was unable to obtain a new passbook at a branch where I did not hold my account. I was told to go to my home branch, inform them of my new passport number and obtain a new passbook there.

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

I did experience a negative consequence of failing to inform my bank of my new passport details following my last renewal, in that I was unable to obtain a new passbook at a branch where I did not hold my account. I was told to go to my home branch, inform them of my new passport number and obtain a new passbook there.

As far as I know the Banks issue new Bank Books only in the Branch where you contracted your account...

36 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

As far as I know the Banks issue new Bank Books only in the Branch where you contracted your account...

That depends upon the bank.

I have gotten new bank books for a Bangkok Bank account that was opened in a different province.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, Ombra said:

Apart from the Embassy Letter, I have not seen any posts regarding any Copies that are required?

So anyone doing the "Transfer of Passport" take the undermentioned copies, and save yourself a trip downstairs at CW Imm.

I did mine today (UK Passport). Took my Embassy Letter.  Filled in the Transfer of Passport "Form" . Officer then turned it over to point out that I needed to make Copies of: 

Photo Page of Old PP and New PP:  Page with Entry Stamp: Page with Current Ext: TM 6 front and back.

Apart from my New PP, they already have the above information.

BTW; The 90 Day Report receipt was never even looked at, nor was a copy required.

Hope this helps.

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

Surely, the impact was minimal. A bank will routinely add pages to an existing passbook, if necessary, without you needing to show your passport.

1 hour ago, Al BB said:

Apart from the Embassy Letter, I have not seen any posts regarding any Copies that are required?

So anyone doing the "Transfer of Passport" take the undermentioned copies, and save yourself a trip downstairs at CW Imm.

I did mine today (UK Passport). Took my Embassy Letter.  Filled in the Transfer of Passport "Form" . Officer then turned it over to point out that I needed to make Copies of: 

Photo Page of Old PP and New PP:  Page with Entry Stamp: Page with Current Ext: TM 6 front and back.

Apart from my New PP, they already have the above information.

BTW; The 90 Day Report receipt was never even looked at, nor was a copy required.

Hope this helps.

The requirements can vary according to the office. In Nakhon Phanom, they wanted a photocopy of every page of the old passport that bore a stamp. I think that it came to 22 pages.

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Al BB said:

I did mine today (UK Passport). Took my Embassy Letter.  Filled in the Transfer of Passport "Form"

Is there a default downloadable version of the Transfer of Passport form , or are they Immigration office specific ?

On the Embassy letter that came with the passport , there is  " he/she entered thailand on ......................and he/she was issued with ...................visa.

Do they want to know my last entry or the day when I arrived with the visa ?

Have been to transfer my extension stamp to my new passport at my Immigration office. 

Took copies of old and new passport , last Entry , last Extension and my TM6 .

Filled in the embassy letter and filled in the Transfer stamp to new passport.

In and out in 20 mins. 

Went to the next desk to do my 90 day report , which had 14 days do go on it.

For some reason they questioned me as to why I was doing it early.

I told them that the online system does not work for me , and I showed them for the Third time in 9 months the overstay on the app.

So I was doing it while I was here.

The Mrs. told me they were still chuntering on about it as we were leaving.

As for informing everybody about my new passport.

Driving License people not interested , will change when you renew in 4 years time.

Bank not interested , only want to know about new passport when I open or close or change an account.

Amphur office , I took the sealed envelope my will is in and they told the Mrs. to keep the old passport to verify new passport when needed.

Yellow book and Pink ID card has no passport number on , so I presume they are not attached to a passport number.

No mention of Blue book as of yet in the tread. It's got PP number so I guess it must be changed. Anyone know what documents needed for that, cert of residence? And I live in Chon Buri, but the car has got Bangkok plates, you think this means I have to go to Bangkok transport office?