Thailand reports 5,420 new COVID-19 cases, 57 more deaths

webfact

9 minutes ago, club said:

They are going to find imported cases because Tourist were told by Thai government that only one jab of AZ was needed to enter Thailand. That gives you 33% protection against the Delta Variant and Thailand has the nerve to call this full vaccination. This  is taking over Thailand. 2 jabs of AZ is over 90 %. Why they not ? Because you like this government dont understand what your in for. Why not tell tourist to take 2 jabs of AZ? It would take to long since Thailand is more interested in Money then human lives   

You need to be fully vaccinated to enter Phuket whit sandbox rules!

2 minutes ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Third jab for booster they worked out to be Phiezer, I wonder if they repackaging now.

China will use Phiezer ( Its Spelled Pfizer) It wont happen. China will use china vaccine and booster and USA will use US booster

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, club said:

Post when your awake

Phuket SandBox Requirements

·        Vaccine Certificate/proof of vaccination

·        ThailandPlus alert application on mobile phone

·        RT-PCR test before arrival and during your stay in Phuket

·        COVID-19 Insurance

·        Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by Thai Embassy/Consulate

·        Stay at SHA+ Hotel in Phuket

·        Pre-paid RT-PCR COVID 19 tests in Phuket

***Full vaccination at least 14 days prior to your departure to Thailand and not more than 12 months.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/no-quarantine-phuket-sandbox-plan

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Do you know in advance whether you will get AZ or Sinovac?  Is Sinovac worth having?

I didn't self register for a shot but got it through my local health center who had my details on file. They made an appointment for me at my local Govt Hospital and contacted me with the date and informed me it would be Astrazeneca.

Personally if AZ hadn't been available I'd have had the Sinovac, on the grounds that anything is better than nothing and would have gotten either a Moderna or Pfizer shot as a booster should they become available at a later date.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pookondee said:

So maybe we should be looking at this as being the total amount of people who felt sick enough to seek treatment and tested positive.

Which is about 10-15% of the total from what I've read, so just add a naught on their daily numbers and you'll be right on the money for the real numbers.

Construction workers in factory fire evacuation zone not allowed to leave

Workers at construction sites within a 5-kilometre radius of the Ming Dih Chemical polysterene factory fire were prohibited from evacuating by military personnel following a government order to close construction sites as part of the current Covid-19 lockdown measures.

Move Forward Party (MFP) MP Wanvipa Maison posted on her Twitter account at around 19.00 on Monday night (5 July) that she had been told that around 100 construction workers at a site within 5 km of the factory were being prohibited from evacuating by military personnel, who said they had to wait for their superiors to give permission before the workers can leave the site.

Wanvipa told Prachatai that she was informed of two construction worker camps near the factory which were not being evacuated. One camp was in Soi Ladkrabang 20/3, around 4 km from the factory, while another was in Soi Kingkaew 37/5, less than 2 km away. Each camp houses around 100 workers.

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9327

Edited by anchadian
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Construction workers in factory fire evacuation zone not allowed to leave

That fire has been flaring up today.

It's under control however could take long time of monitoring the situation to be 'safe' 

Construction workers in bad situation. 

AFIK there is one fatality. A 19 year old lad. Think he was a volunteer firefighter. R.I.P

Edited by DrJack54

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That fire has been flaring up today.

It's under control however could take long time of monitoring the situation to be 'safe' 

Construction workers in bad situation. 

AFIK there is one fatality. A 19 year old lad. Think he was a volunteer firefighter. R.I.P

There are 3 emergency services:

Ambulance - volunteers

Firemen / firefighters - volunteers

RTP

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Which is about 10-15% of the total from what I've read, so just add a naught on their daily numbers and you'll be right on the money for the real numbers.

It seems they have finally conceeded that it might be better to advise the people with milder cases to stay at home.

And its hard to disagree with that for a number of reasons,

especially if you might have a sector of society who see no problem with being sick and catching a public bus to get to a hospital in Bangkok.

56 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The US has been shipping millions of doses of Moderna vaccine to countries in SE Asia. Allegedly, Thailand is on the list to receive Moderna vaccines in the near future.

Any links for any of that?

2 minutes ago, pookondee said:

It seems they have finally conceeded that it might be better to advise the people with milder cases to stay at home.

And its hard to disagree with that for a number of reasons,

especially if you might have a sector of society who see no problem with being sick and catching a public bus to get to a hospital in Bangkok.

Or a train from Hua Hin to home in the south.

6 hours ago, club said:

They are going to find imported cases because Tourist were told by Thai government that only one jab of AZ was needed to enter Thailand. That gives you 33% protection against the Delta Variant and Thailand has the nerve to call this full vaccination. This  is taking over Thailand. 2 jabs of AZ is over 90 %. Why they not ? Because you like this government dont understand what your in for. Why not tell tourist to take 2 jabs of AZ? It would take to long since Thailand is more interested in Money then human lives   

You sure about that?

The official rules for the sandbox scheme were published in the Thai Royal Gazette June 29. All passengers to Phuket must:

https://qz.com/2025740/thailands-phuket-sandbox-opens-to-vaccinated-tourists/