60 Baht and 25 Setang

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am not in the best of moods before having my first coffee , especially when I need to go out to buy the ingredients 

That doesn't give you the right to screw over the cashier of a few satang and then accuse her of the attempted theft of a few satang.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Me either.................................although I did manage to get my bill down to 60 Baht and 25 Setang buying 6 bottles of 1.5 ML  water and some milk

After you tried and were caught trying to get it down to 60 baht.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you expect from me to make my own picture?

I am sure the existing picture is enough to illustrate the concept.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its quite easy to take a photo and to upload it and post it on these forums 

Anyone can be the cashier with this guy... 

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

60.25/60.00 = 1.004167

0.004167 * 14.3 billion USD = 59 million USD.

I am happy to get the saved change.

(14.3 billion USD = worth of Dhanin Chearavanont)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhanin_Chearavanont

(I know it's a "bit simplified" :>)

That's a very strange mathematical calculation. 

Why did you multiply his net worth by 0.004167?    Why did you multiply his NW by anything, come to that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sucit said:
3 hours ago, rwill said:

It's not the price of the item that causes it.  It is the VAT added to the bill.

I thought most everything is priced including vat?

It is but the VAT that the company has to add to their prices doesn't always result in even baht.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The theft act was actually his first, he tried to get way without paying the bill in full.  Ha.

If your statement was true that would first entail something like him running out of the store with the item having paid only 60 baht. That’s how that works. The devil is in the details unfortunately in this case, for you anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is but the VAT that the company has to add to their prices doesn't always result in even baht.

Yeah but they know this % when they price. That’s why most products, even the vast majority, come out to an even baht. 

The annoying, evil deal making ones are the .25 and half strangers. Well, annoying can be substantiated anyway. 

1 minute ago, sucit said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The theft act was actually his first, he tried to get way without paying the bill in full.  Ha.

If your statement was true that would first entail something like him running out of the store with the item having paid only 60 baht. That’s how that works. The devil is in the details unfortunately in this case, for you anyway. 

If what you say is true then for her to have been attempting theft would have to entail her running out of the store with the 75 satang in her hand.    If that is how it works, it has to work the same way for cashier and customer!   The devil is in the details, unfortunately, in this case, for you anyway. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If what you say is true then for her to have been attempting theft would have to entail her running out of the store with the 75 satang in her hand.    If that is how it works, it has to work the same way for cashier and customer!   The devil is in the details, unfortunately, in this case, for you anyway. 

You missed  the very important words “something like”.

You seem very confused:

Tesco/cashier got paid 65 baht.
Change due was 4 baht 75 stang if my math is good. 

4 baht was received. 

There was a purposeful shortage there, which was theft when the cashier concluded the transaction and customer walked off, although in these amounts we don’t care. But those are the technicals. I’m sorry this is so confusing for you. But, the movie office space taught us you can steal a part of a penny from a lot of people and it’s a fortune. 

Edited by sucit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thread starter,

It's only 75 satang, why make her life miserable? She's just doing her job.

What is 75 satang in UK or US dollar? Almost nothing.

As foreigners we should be more generous or else they would think that all farang are cheapskate.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You tried to get away with not paying your bill in full and saving yourself 25 satang.  That's how.

Ah yeah , in 7/11's they are not concerned about Setangs , not concerned in either way , they dont make you pay Setangs and they dont give them as change . 

Probably evens itself out over a year .

I wasnt expecting them to request me to pay 25 Setang as they are usually just ignored  .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, her job was to give me the correct change , Tesco lotus made me pay a small amount of money , why should I not make them pay a sum three times more than what they made me pay ?

She is just a worker who gets a measly fixed pay every month. You are making her job tougher than it should be.

Would you like to be in her position standing there for 8 hours per day everyday dealing with demanding customers?

The one making big money is Tesco Lotus and not the counter staff.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, deliberately short changing someone is theft , running away would not be a necessity to regard it as theft .

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

She is just a worker who gets a measly fixed pay every month. You are making her job tougher than it should be.

Would you like to be in her position standing there for 8 hours per day everyday dealing with demanding customers?

The one making big money is Tesco Lotus and not the counter staff.  

When I was her age, I was carrying bricks up ladders all day long on a  building site 

• Sad 2

pet·ty

/ˈpedē/

adjective: petty; comparative adjective: pettier; superlative adjective: pettiest

1.  of little importance; trivial.

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous
/ˌsaNG(k)təˈmōnēəs/
adjective: sanctimonious
  1. making a show of being morally superior to other people.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

i suppose if you didn't have the 25 then you could not have had the goods ..or would they have let you off.!!!

That will be funny, when you buy some fresh, for example they cut for you 150 gr bacon, and leave it.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, deliberately short changing someone is theft , running away would not be a necessity to regard it as theft .

No, it's not.  Theft is the intention to permanently deprive someone of something.

You don't know that was her intention any more than she doesn't know whether your not paying in full was an intention to permanently deprive Tesco of a few satang.   Remember that you started this by shorting her a few satang.

• Like 2