Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

Just saw a video posted of one of the field hospital locations inundated with rain water.  Sad reality for those who have covid and are from Myanmar. I know it is from Tik Tok and probably not allowed so I removed it.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea waiting for new thread now, Sundays seems to be a day off for webfact

Sadly deaths now seem to have a new level to bounce around almost 100

Opening to tourism seems more ridiculous by the day

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Closing in on 100 deaths slowly but surely.  Will they allow those numbers to ever be posted.  I think 10k might be the new max level they can actually test up to and report daily, but then that's just my opinion, and I await the D'man saying it is all based upon bed availability ie..admissions and discharges, and nothing more....but I can only see his posts when one of you quote him now......stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1506937497_2021-07-09MoPHdocssaysTENPERCENTofPfizerandAZdonationsforforeigners.jpg.796ade06321ce553c4d023ebb8962e7b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/361221875496143/?type=3

Foreigners to Get Only 10% of U.S. Donated Pfizer Vaccine Doses

Foreigners are slated to receive only 10 percent of the 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses being donated by the United States to Thailand – half the amount previously reported in the Thai news media, according to a Thai government document released Friday.

The U.S. government and the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok have never commented on or confirmed the notion of a set-aside for the donated Pfizer doses. However, a senior Thai general involved in Thailand’s COVID fight was quoted in Thai news reports recently saying 20 percent or 300,000 of the doses would be set aside for foreigners.

That report, however, was contradicted by a Thai Ministry of Public Health vaccine rollout plan released Friday that said only 10 percent of the Pfizer doses (150,000) would be reserved for foreigners. Curiously, English language summaries of the government’s plan made no mention of the specific Pfizer percentage set-aside, but the original Thai MoPH document does.

According to the document, 1.35 million of the donated Pfizer doses will be set aside for Thai nationals, and only 150,000 for foreigners, enough for 75,000 people, under the vaccine's two-shot regimen. The top priority for the donated Pfizer doses will be to give a single third-shot booster to the nation's medical staff caring for COVID patients, along with elderly Thais and those with chronic medical conditions.

The same planned 10 percent vaccine set-aside for foreigners (105,000 doses, enough for 52,500 people) is supposed to apply to a separate donation of 1.05 million AstraZeneca vaccines doses being given by Japan. So together, the Thai government is proposing to set aside 255,000 doses for foreigners, enough for about 127,500 foreign nationals.

If the Thai MoPH follows through with the 10 percent plan, that means fewer of one of the most effective coronavirus vaccines available will be offered to foreigners in Thailand, who currently only have access to the Thai government provided AstraZeneca vaccine, which is somewhat less effective, and the government provided Chinese Sinovac vaccine, which is considered much less effective.

Since Thailand’s belated vaccines rollout began in early June, many foreigners have complained loudly about being unable to obtain vaccines because of often non-functional Thai government programs for them to register for and receive vaccines that are separate from the signup programs available to Thai nationals.

The Thai government has not released any recent statistics on the exact size of the current foreign nationals population in Thailand nor on how many of those have been able to be vaccinated. But the numbers also are low for Thai citizens, with only 12.2 percent of the Thai population having received a first shot thus far, and only 4.4 percent fully vaccinated.

10%, 20%... Still smacks of discrimination. Vaccines should be for all people according to age, risk etc. not nationality. 

as I said from the start someone from somewhere will keep bringing out a new and stronger strain meaning there will need to be a new stronger vaccine and of course the older vaccines will become no good and the people who had them will have to have a new much more expansive one some doctors have said they can not tell the difference between the difference strains? who is listening to them? there is also a big cogwheel of greed going on between the big wheels who is going to put the brakes on?