Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

The chickens come home to roost. Take the brown envelope to buy Sinovac and then find its ineffective against all strains. The worst is yet to come. Front line workers now require a third vaccinations of an effective vaccine. I hope I am wrong but things now look out of control. Once again corruption has lead the decision process and the country  suffers. Thailand follows China in many things maybe time to follow them on corruption. A CAPITAL CRIME. 

3 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

nice one guys you should not worry about covid or masks if you putting over 4000 horrid chemicals in your lungs be safe 

Gotta take the good with the bad!Not much different to breathing the air here in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The hamster test doesn't really simulate a person wearing a mask though does it?Was any air going in and out like someone breathing air?I did see a similar study with rats where 25% infection was detected with the mask barrier and 30% without the mask barrier though though the viral load with the barrier was less but again no air flow simulating a person breathing.Why not try putting a large plastic bag over some infected people wearing masks and then swab the plastic bag and do a PCR test that would convince me that masks were effective.

Hold a match or cigarette lighter in front of your mask and see if you can blow it out. Again the number 1 reason for mask wearing is to protect others.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

nice one guys you should not worry about covid or masks if you putting over 4000 horrid chemicals in your lungs be safe 

I choose to drink and smoke. I do not choose someone not wearing a mask or wearing a mask incorrectly to possibly infect me. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The hamster test doesn't really simulate a person wearing a mask though does it?Was any air going in and out like someone breathing air?I did see a similar study with rats where 25% infection was detected with the mask barrier and 30% without the mask barrier though though the viral load with the barrier was less but again no air flow simulating a person breathing.Why not try putting a large plastic bag over some infected people wearing masks and then swab the plastic bag and do a PCR test that would convince me that masks were effective.

Epidemiological investigations have helped quantify the benefit of mask wearing to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (Table; Supplement). At a hair salon in which all staff and clients were required to wear a mask under local ordinance and company policy, 2 symptomatic, infected stylists attended to 139 clients and no infections were observed in the 67 clients who were reached for interviewing and testing. During a COVID-19 outbreak on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, persons who wore masks experienced a 70% lower risk of testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection.4 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have been trying to find the Thailand data for ages and underlying health issues for all of us deaths, to see if it is mostly a 65 and over highly risky like in other countries. 

Anyone know where to find this information? 

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Hold a match or cigarette lighter in front of your mask and see if you can blow it out. Again the number 1 reason for mask wearing is to protect others.

The thing I noticed with my smoke test is that the smoke went mostly up into my eyes and around the mask in all directions, do you try holding the match/lighter somewhere where the air is forced out?Being careful not to set your self alight especially if your already onto the vodka!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Nor could I.....

I can’t either. But on 1st July it was definitely added as a high risk country but is now definitely listed as medium risk. The list was posted on the forum here showing UK as high risk along with France and Spain.

either it was a mistake, or it was moved for expediency purposes.

anyway up, it’s now medium risk.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Epidemiological investigations have helped quantify the benefit of mask wearing to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (Table; Supplement). At a hair salon in which all staff and clients were required to wear a mask under local ordinance and company policy, 2 symptomatic, infected stylists attended to 139 clients and no infections were observed in the 67 clients who were reached for interviewing and testing. During a COVID-19 outbreak on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, persons who wore masks experienced a 70% lower risk of testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection.4 

That doesn't jive with the case increases in the states that had very high mask wearing rates but high increases in New cases from December through February 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is the reality of the situation. There are 80,000 construction workers quarantined in their barracks and they are struggling. Yesterday we visited four barracks in the Ekkamai area and the growing desperation was palpable.

https://twitter.com/BKK_community/status/1413657116032733189

Thais look down upon people from Isan. Peasant rice farmers. Myanmar, Cambodia, Loa, Vietnam are lower than this. A shameful culture in this regard.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

UK has not done so well so perhaps you need to wind your neck back in.... so far over 45x more deaths in UK than Thailand. That is a phenomenal difference. Many most UK vulnerable pre December died.....

You seem not to understand the reality.

Sadly I think Thailand has it yet to come.....

He’s talking about now I think. Previously the UK was a basket case. Currently daily deaths are lower there than in Thailand

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess you weren't expecting others to actually follow the link to the article? Here's what it has to say about the Sputnik vaccine:
"The makers of Russia’s Sputnik V have said it was “more efficient against the Delta variant of coronavirus . . . than any other vaccine that published results on this strain so far”, but provided no evidence to support the claim."

This is as usual. 2 months later they will say "...but provided just a single questionable evidence that is not enough", 6 months later we will read "but provided insufficient evidence" and 1 year later this will probably be "but there are researchers that found these data to be contradictory".
The times when scientific evidence really mattered ended about six months ago when the real world data were insufficient to make conclusions. Today is the era of "real world data" which are the only thing that matters.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

He’s talking about now I think. Previously the UK was a basket case. Currently daily deaths are lower there than in Thailand

The UK performed very poorly at first. Boris Johnson nearly died due to his denialism. Apparently, that was something of a conversion experience for him.

Thailand started out brilliantly but due, partially, at least, to a factor that can't be discussed here, fell down badly when it came to vaccinations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'll see you your link an up you my link from the CDC health advice.

"Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32512240/

2 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

This is as usual. 2 months later they will say "...but provided just a single questionable evidence that is not enough", 6 months later we will read "but provided insufficient evidence" and 1 year later this will probably be "but there are researchers that found these data to be contradictory".
The times when scientific evidence really mattered ended about six months ago when the real world data were insufficient to make conclusions. Today is the era of "real world data" which are the only thing that matters.

But those Russians aren't providing any data about the performance of the Sputnik vaccine, much less "real world data".

Why did you even bother to provide that link?  It proves nothing.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I suggest that these sad events will remove all political obstacles to the approval of Sputnik V in Thailand which is very effective against delta variant:
https://www.ft.com/content/5a24d39a-a702-40d2-876d-b12a524dc9a5

From what I read in that article, the Russians claim that Sputnik is effective against delta but provided no data to back up that claim.

I would say that the jury is still out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

1279846086_Screenshot2021-07-10at13_34_23.png.d113e8a6de472e71ee11a72e68d1c330.png

923869631_Screenshot2021-07-10at13_37_08.png.015edbb0d89d337be31079194ece8e0a.pngWhitout restriction.

1027843070_Screenshot2021-07-10at13_38_49.png.d58cefbb65443156d4c2d05c10cf6b92.pngC(t) later cases.

Count your self ! Only meaning was that you cant count R0 in Thailand nothing else!

Ok show me what you got . Evaluate that integral and get a numerical solution. And it's ok to use the given data points. So show the math. And the R0 you got. I have been following this reference. Go to 'estimation methods' and then to simple models first line equation.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The thing I noticed with my smoke test is that the smoke went mostly up into my eyes and around the mask in all directions, do you try holding the match/lighter somewhere where the air is forced out?Being careful not to set your self alight especially if your already onto the vodka!

This is mask leakage or mask seepage can't exactly remember what it's called. This was seen as not so bad with the initial variant as it was thought this was transmitted by droplets. Delta seems to be truly aerosol so this becomes more of a problem as mask seepage obviously works both ways. Inhale and exhale. This is why the soft lockdown will not work. It should have been short term pain for long term gain. Now it's just going to be long term pain. Whatever the case you need to wear a mask or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'll see you your link an up you my link from the CDC health advice.

"Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32512240/

Health care workers face a lot higher exposure to the virus and have higher rates of infection than any other profession.

Well, your links didn't work but I found one that did.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341045223_A_rapid_systematic_review_of_the_efficacy_of_face_masks_and_respirators_against_coronaviruses_and_other_respiratory_transmissible_viruses_for_the_community_healthcare_workers_and_sick_patients

Assuming that these conclusions were the same as in the article that ultimately was published, it looks like you, or whatever source you relied on, were cherry-picking.

image.png.a697e5a984e993b36e9dc039e6177560.png

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341045223_A_rapid_systematic_review_of_the_efficacy_of_face_masks_and_respirators_against_coronaviruses_and_other_respiratory_transmissible_viruses_for_the_community_healthcare_workers_and_sick_patients

4 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Ok show me what you got . Evaluate that integral and get a numerical solution. And it's ok to use the given data points. So show the math. And the R0 you got. I have been following this reference. Go to 'estimation methods' and then to simple models first line equation.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number

I know my English is <deleted>ty many times but i think i already said:

43 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Count your self ! Only meaning was that you cant count R0 in Thailand nothing else!

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why did you even bother to provide that link?  It proves nothing.

It provides the information from the vaccine developer which is the person who have the most recent information about the effectiveness of the vaccine from his customers in the "real world trials".
The price of disinformation in this particular subject (millions of people lives) is so high that I am sure there are no vaccine developers in this world who would dare to lie about the effectiveness against the delta variant.

50 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Troops swift to block routes out of #Bangkok ahead new lockdown on Monday.

The country’s Supreme Commander, General Chalermphol Srisawat, has also ordered military patrol units to supplement the operations of the checkpoints in preventing any mobility which may accelerate the spread of COVID-19 in other provinces.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1413803587637940226

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/troops-swift-to-block-routes-out-of-bangkok-ahead-new-lockdown-on-monday/

So we are locked in now.....

A post with a link to an unapproved YouTube source has been removed. 

A number off topic deflection posts and replies have been removed.  This topic is about:

Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths
Rate this topic