My /Your best Guess for Pattaya's re-opening

banglay

sandboxes can be reasonable easy done on island with airports, but experimenting with a largish city like pattaya and close to 12mln metropolis, is just too risky even to think off.

in face of the looming 4th wave, not a chance for opening in October. They have thought that one jab would be sufficient to protect, now it's talk about 3 vaccinations - and that is an impossible task for thailand, will take over 1 year

• Like 2

I think it will be late 2022 before Pattaya / Thailand opens up to (vaccinated) visitors. I imagine that by then everyone who will want to be vaccinated (both in Thailand and in Europe / North America / Aus + NZ) will have been vaccinated already and that by then, most countries (possibly Aus + NZ aside) will have made the decision to learn to live with Covid.

Another 18 months to wait to get back to Pattaya.....geez, that seems like a lifetime to wait!

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They are already talking booster shots for variants in the US.  Here only what 4 million vaccinated?  By the time more are vaccinated other variants will show up.

I hate to think but,  it all seems an indefinite revolving door to no where.

I wonder how many 'booster shots' people will need in the coming years before they ( and their bodies) say enough already? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

At the current rate of the VAX rollout (2 doses) my best estimate is that everyone in country will be fully vaccinated within two years from now.

So normality shall resume immediately after the last man or woman has had their shot.

Edited by WineOh

Just now, Ralf001 said:

The place gets rammed on the weekends with Bangkok plated cars so I reckon a few come visit this "dump".

Pattaya businesses are presumably grateful for domestic tourism.  It will be interesting to see if the new restrictions put a stop to it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

In my little village there would be 20 houses that have been empty for months and months... Over the past week the for rent/sales signs have been coming down with a BKK plated car parked in the driveway.

By how much do you think house prices have fallen? I'd like to buy one soon. 

52 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

by the way, anyone living in Pattaya who has never been to Hua Hin before covid, it is just like how Pattaya is now. 

I can confirm that

Edited by kekalot
wrong post

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

The place gets rammed on the weekends with Bangkok plated cars so I reckon a few come visit this "dump".

Thanks, but I'm sure even you know that Bangkok is NOT Thailand, as much as you seem to think it is