My /Your best Guess for Pattaya's re-opening

banglay

2 hours ago, GStewart70 said:

What about the 2 weeks in a hospital if you fail or false positive on the pcr tests?

What about if someone on the plane in close vicinity to you tests positive and your taken to hospital?

Before covid, book flight night before, bring a bag and show passport at BKK.

Post covid x,y,z plus of hastles and then roll the dice at BKK to see if your incarcerated for a fortnight.

Do me a favour.

What you mention is nothing to do with the CoE process.

Sandbox in Phuket is a good optiong for where you quarantine.

As with everything in life, it's a choice, if you don't like the requirements then stay in Blighty - simple.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

There's not really that many now.

It is fine for people who are really keen to return to Thailand but too much for casual tourists.

On top of the requirements for getting CoE, people have to consider whether they will get stuck somewhere, end up in hospital for 2 weeks of their holiday (if they test positive), will have to unexpectedly quarantine on their return etc.

They will be wondering if anything will be open when they get there or whether things will shut down after they arrive.

The situation is too uncertain.

If you look at the way that conditions for lock downs are set up, world wide, on the basis of the dodgy PCR TEST, international travel isn't going to work. I expect a lot of our countries are going to collapse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What you mention is nothing to do with the CoE process.

Sandbox in Phuket is a good optiong for where you quarantine.

As with everything in life, it's a choice, if you don't like the requirements then stay in Blighty - simple.

Not so simple I'm afraid. If people don't return to Pattaya in numbers then it's going to become even more of a bankrupt sh1thole.

PCR tests are part of the hoops you have to jump through. Except you get a 2 week incarcerated jail sentence as a possible bonus.

Many will stay in Blighty and watch Pattaya turn into little Chinatown. In a few years you won't recognise the place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

It is fine for people who are really keen to return to Thailand but too much for casual tourists.

On top of the requirements for getting CoE, people have to consider whether they will get stuck somewhere, end up in hospital for 2 weeks of their holiday (if they test positive), will have to unexpectedly quarantine on their return etc.

They will be wondering if anything will be open when they get there or whether things will shut down after they arrive.

The situation is too uncertain.

If you look at the way that conditions for lock downs are set up, world wide, on the basis of the dodgy PCR TEST, international travel isn't going to work. I expect a lot of our countries are going to collapse.

I agree for a two week holiday probably not worth it, but for an extended holiday for a couple of months, not a bad option.

Also much better option for returning long timers than BKK ASQ.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

Not so simple I'm afraid. If people don't return to Pattaya in numbers then it's going to become even more of a bankrupt sh1thole.

PCR tests are part of the hoops you have to jump through. Except you get a 2 week incarcerated jail sentence as a possible bonus.

Many will stay in Blighty and watch Pattaya turn into little Chinatown. In a few years you won't recognise the place.

You do realise there's other places in thailand that have hardly been affected by any of this nonsense, right?

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I agree for a two week holiday probably not worth it, but for an extended holiday for a couple of months, not a bad option.

Also much better option for returning long timers than BKK ASQ.

Absolutely. If I was thinking of going back for 6-12 months then 2 weeks in Phuket would be no barrier. As you say, this is equally true for people wanting to back to business of family.

But the system doesn't work for people who want to go to Thailand for "normal" vacations. I used to spend 3-4 months of the year in Thailand in stretches of 3-4 weeks at a time. That doesn't make sense now.

There is also the problem of the government closing everything down. I could handle it when I spent a few months on Koh Chang, where I was just hanging out on the beach or in little places that were ignoring the rules. But it makes it a waste of time to visit a lot of other places in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nemo38 said:

Absolutely. If I was thinking of going back for 6-12 months then 2 weeks in Phuket would be no barrier. As you say, this is equally true for people wanting to back to business of family.

But the system doesn't work for people who want to go to Thailand for "normal" vacations. I used to spend 3-4 months of the year in Thailand in stretches of 3-4 weeks at a time. That doesn't make sense now.

There is also the problem of the government closing everything down. I could handle it when I spent a few months on Koh Chang, where I was just hanging out on the beach or in little places that were ignoring the rules. But it makes it a waste of time to visit a lot of other places in Thailand.

Agreed.

It all depends on individual expectations.

If happy for a quiet beach holiday - perfect.

If coming for a short trip - not worth it.

If coming looking for boogie woogy - not worth it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

3 - hotel booking confirmation

4 - PCR test

5 - insurance

Not really much more is it?

You keep deliberately missing the bit about forced quarantine in a hotel if you or other close people on  your flight test positive for covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Espanol said:

6 - 2 jabs of approved vaccine 

7 - 3 more PCR paid in advance 

8 - prepais transfer to hotel

9 - 1 day waiting at hotel room for negative test.

10 - 14 days mandatory stay in Phuket 

or

10 - 14 days mandatory stay in hospital if tested positive. 

Your wasting your time he's not the brightest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Simply a blinkered and foolish view. 

If you are high risk then you should stay at home. Simple.

If you don't want to, it's your risk.

But don't keep more than 99% of people at home for less than 1% of at risk people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

As mentioned no one if forcing you to come.

If you can't comply with the requirements don't come.

Some people will always look at the negative.

Stay in Blighty......enjoy the winter......

I can stay in Blighty or travel anywhere i want in the world that has no hastle entry requirements.

That's most likely two more options than you have. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

lol - did that touch a nerve?

It's good to have options Harry.

Owning property in your home country and being able to travel and stay anywhere in the world, for as long as you like is real freedom.

I always find on this forum that the guys living in poverty in Isaan, having burned there bridges at home are the strongest fan boys of Thailand because they ain't got a plan B.

Now Harry you forgot to tell me where you live in Thailand?

11 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

It's good to have options Harry.

Owning property in your home country and being able to travel and stay anywhere in the world, for as long as you like is real freedom.

I always find on this forum that the guys living in poverty in Isaan, having burned there bridges at home are the strongest fan boys of Thailand because they ain't got a plan B.

Now Harry you forgot to tell me where you live in Thailand?

I agree it is great to have options.

I have 3 properties in Thailand thank you very much, one at a beach resort town, one in northern thailand and house in central thailand, is that ok?

I also have property in my home country, is that ok too?

Hope you approve.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I agree it is great to have options.

I have 3 properties in Thailand thank you very much, one at a beach resort town, one in northern thailand and house in central thailand, is that ok?

I also have property in my home country, is that ok too?

Hope you approve.

Now, now Harry no need to get touchy.

Glad to hear your not a failure.

1 hour ago, sezze said:

I could be wrong but you also need the tracking software on your phone right ?

Yes, too. I missed that one.

And you must register at your hotel once a day, to your parole agent, and also check-in at every venue where you enter.

Edited by Espanol