Expat Registration for public vaccination has failed! What can we do?

WaveHunter

1 minute ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

And how many are seriously ill or died?

Amazing.

Do you work for that company.

I assume you've gotten the shots and have buyers remorse.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The French government stood up for its citizens living here, recognized the inability of many to receive vaccines thru the Thai government's haphazard, shortage plagued program, and stepped in to fill the void.

For that, they deserve credit and recognition from all. For the other governments like the U.S. and the U.K. that absolutely have the vaccines and the capability to assist their own nationals, they deserve scorn and derision for making conscious decisions to leave their own countrymen in (COVID) harm's way.

The French government is the exception rather than the rule. I believe the only other country which gives vaccines to its citizens in Thailand is China which I just heard but ain't sure.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 11:17 PM, Jingthing said:

All I can think of is to contact our home country representatives and try to prove to them that the situation for us here is almost impossible and getting our embassies to help at this point is completely justified. 

They did.  They sent you a couple of checks, calling it a Covid stimulus.  To help people with Covid related expenses.  Like hopping a flight to go get your free shots.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

They did.  They sent you a couple of checks, calling it a Covid stimulus.  To help people with Covid related expenses.  Like hopping a flight to go get your free shots.

US donated some 1.5 million vaccines.

Its stipulated 20% go for foreigners.  Hopefully USA foreigners only.

25 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Tell that to them.

I don't care what you do.  If you want Sinovac go for it.  Nobody I know wants it.  Should be plenty for yourself, get 5.

Just know you won't have much protection.

I will take anything I get offered first. Can always get a booster shot of another vaccine when available.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The median age of COVID deaths that Thailand has been reporting lately has been in the mid 60s, with the age range of deaths typically starting in the low 30s and ranging up to the 90s.

Yikes! I'm 64 and unvaccinated and left Thailand last month.

Talk about dodging a bullet, eh?

I can't seem to edit my post to add a link to the information about the Pfizer vaccines, but here is one from this site:

Twenty percent of donated Pfizer vaccines from US must go to foreigners living in Thailand, says CCSA general - Thailand News - ASEAN NOW formerly Thai Visa Forum

I think someone else mentioned it as well. But since I spent hours looking, I wanted to post it as well. The article references ThaiPBS, but I also thought I saw it mentioned in a number of outlets.

56 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The Thai government should really distribute the vaccines to those areas more in need.

Which areas do you consider to be more in need?

AFAIK, the hotspots and clusters are still mostly in and around Bangkok.

11 hours ago, Saltire said:

And for the record I am 66 with 3 of the Big 7 ...

This comment from you completely confuses me, because Google tells me the 'Big 7' are:

Cape buffalo, African elephant, leopard, lion, rhinoceros, southern right whale and great white shark.

!!!!!

42 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

July 11, 20214:21 PM +07Last Updated 3 days ago

Asia Pacific

Hundreds of Thai medical workers infected despite Sinovac vaccinations

Here we go again.

No vaccine claims that once vaccinated you won't become infected. NONE OF THEM.

The vaccine is primarily to reduce the severity of the symptoms if the vaccinated person becomes infected.

Covid-19 101 from some time late last summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The French government is the exception rather than the rule. I believe the only other country which gives vaccines to its citizens in Thailand is China which I just heard but ain't sure.

China, France and Switzerland, thus far, that we know of.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If I recall correctly, the part with the /expatriates NEVER worked at all!

It did work and I was one of those who used it. But it worked only for a very short window of 1-2 days, with limited hours of service and limited availability added in small increments. Then came news of the leak and the rest is history.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

US donated some 1.5 million vaccines.

Its stipulated 20% go for foreigners.  Hopefully USA foreigners only.

There was an unconfirmed report of a 20% set-aside. The MoPH said publicly this past week that the U.S. Pfizer doses would have a 10% set-aside for foreign nationals.... and absolutely no details yet on how those will be distributed, where, or to whom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There was an unconfirmed report of a 20% set-aside. The MoPH said publicly this past week that the U.S. Pfizer doses would have a 10% set-aside for foreign nationals.... and absolutely no details yet on how those will be distributed, where, or to whom.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

They dont want to hear it. “False information” means something they done like 

it’s expat culture. Moan moan moan moan. 

In Chiang Rai, I am registered at Overbrook Hospital, Mae Chan Hospital, the government hospital, and my GF's moo baan. Every one of them is waiting for vaccine to arrive from the numbnuts down south. How about you post something helpful, like how the hell I get vaccinated when there is none to be had.

I'd like to add my thoughts. It's entirely understandable, these levels of frustration. I've been frustrated. . . but it's important to accept that it's not just expatriates, the vast majority of Thais are also frustrated by this fiasco, struggle with the poor implementation of the registration IT, just like us, and the general lack of vaccines...

I'm 50 years old, my wife is 45 and my daughter 20, but we have appointments for our first Sinopharm jabs next week (that's SinoPHARM). I've also successfully registered and paid for Moderna for us all, so we'll get that as third and fourth boosters later in the year... This has been sponsored by my employer, but in all honesty, I do feel that it's plain wrong that we are able to get this while my age 60+ friends are left with nothing for the foreseeable. This is because I grew up in a much more equitable society and it's the way I think...

That won't stop us taking our jabs next week though, as it's me and mine first, and the nature of our work exposes us to enhanced risk (border area, construction sites, and we employ a lot of migrant labour). This is why we passed the approval process as a company. I do feel very fortunate to have the appointments.

... and this is the point, money has been thrown at this in a big way, like it or not, right or wrong, you know this is the way of things, right??? Frankly there is a lot of naivety in this topic. Welcome to the machine, but please don't expect Thailand to be fair.

15 hours ago, James105 said:

The French government like nothing more than embarrassing the UK

I don't think the British give a hoot what the French think. The only British that care are upper middle class students who's parents have a gîte in Provence (coincidentally, also the only group of people likely to vote on principle rather than self interest due to their child-like naivety, that is until they cash in with their inheritance and start voting properly).

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In Chiang Rai, I am registered at Overbrook Hospital, Mae Chan Hospital, the government hospital, and my GF's moo baan. Every one of them is waiting for vaccine to arrive from the numbnuts down south. How about you post something helpful, like how the hell I get vaccinated when there is none to be had.

Sheryl is in the US.

Nancy is in Guam.

So?

Guess where I am.