Expat Registration for public vaccination has failed! What can we do?

WaveHunter

8 hours ago, ClaySmc said:

I can't seem to edit my post to add a link to the information about the Pfizer vaccines, but here is one from this site:

Twenty percent of donated Pfizer vaccines from US must go to foreigners living in Thailand, says CCSA general - Thailand News - ASEAN NOW formerly Thai Visa Forum

I think someone else mentioned it as well. But since I spent hours looking, I wanted to post it as well. The article references ThaiPBS, but I also thought I saw it mentioned in a number of outlets.

The CCSA has said a lot. A lot of contradictory, non-verifiable and ever changing statements. History tells me it is not believable and even if if might be, the CCSA will never provide proof of who ultimately receives the US donation.  The US donated the Pfizer without any conditions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ClaySmc said:

For those Americans threatening to go back for a jab, am I missing something or didn't you read about the USA donating 1.3 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to Thailand with the stipulation 300k be reserved for US citizens and other foreigners? So you might want to want until the end of July when the shipment  is scheduled to be delivered. Or not, up to you.

Go to the US Embassy website.  The donation had 0 preconditions tied to its gift. No requirement to give US citizens any of it

11 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

That’s really unfortunate. Keep trying and keep an eye out for any updates. Hopefully you can get lucky and get a jab soon 

As you say, you got lucky and maybe a few others will. Most won't. That's why it's called luck.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:05 PM, WaveHunter said:

It is really going to take something a bit radical to make anything happen. 

I'm so ashamed of my own government (the US) for not stepping up to the plate on behalf of its' expat citizens as France did, and now Switzerland is about to do.  Belgium has been discussing it too. 

The US thinks of itself as a leader among nations.  They really should not be dropping the ball on this one...but they are in a big way.  That won't be forgotten by a lot of angry and frustrated expats if they are not quick to do something!

The idea of the US donating millions of vaccine doses to Thailand but not helping to ensure that expats (whose tax dollars helped pay for those vaccine) get their fair share is just disgusting.

This whole plight that expats are facing is disgusting and unforgivable in every way.  All we're talking about is the ability to be registered so we are not invisible to the public rollout of vaccines. 

Is that so unreasonable to expect?  Is there any excuse for Thailand not ensuring that will happen by allowing one registration scheme after another to miserably fail, and still not have one that works?

All expat details are logged in Thai Immigration, so would be a simple computer job to compile a registration list from the existing files held in Govt. computers. I would have thought, or is that too easy???

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

This comment from you completely confuses me, because Google tells me the 'Big 7' are:

Cape buffalo, African elephant, leopard, lion, rhinoceros, southern right whale and great white shark.

!!!!!

Never heard of that lol - of course I mean the big 7 unerlying conditions of which I have three - Type 2 Diabetes, stents and pre-high blood pressure. I presume you mean the 7 animals tourists want to see. 

What an unexpected surprise when I woke up this morning and saw this text on my phone from Phyathai Hospital.  Amazing, Phyathai's offer is actually legit!  Phyathai is the real deal! 

If you have not yet successfully gotten registered do it NOW.  9am - Noon today through Friday.  You MUST apply no later than 9:01 am or you will not succeed.  Remember, they are only offering 100 appointments per day.

https://phyathai2international.com/

I posted a snapshot that shows all the fields you need to fill in so you can be prepared to copy/paste your information into the fields quickly and accurately.  If you need a copy DM me.

Good Luck!

IMG_1624.thumb.png.fd2d335ccbfb26c36a28ab68c5b250d0.png!

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't mind if the vaccines go to Bangkok or anywhere in the deep red zones but the problem is that some of the vaccines went to foreigners with pink ID cards in Chiang Mai where I am staying.

Where's the logic in that?

The Thai government should really distribute the vaccines to those areas more in need.

Well we can all agree that the public rollout has been anything but logical I think (unfortunately).  I miss Chiang Mai tremendously, and plan to move back there in September.  How's life treating you up there?

1 hour ago, Wullie Mercer said:

All expat details are logged in Thai Immigration, so would be a simple computer job to compile a registration list from the existing files held in Govt. computers. I would have thought, or is that too easy???

Sounds logical enough but I've been told that there is no interconnectivity between different government agencies here in the Magic Kingdom.  As stupid as it sounds, they intentionally do not share information from one agency to another.

been very well served (by thailand stds....) with vax in Phuket.

my position : 65 perfect health ( medically certified) ... OA Visa ....will not be messed around or stress. western vax only. one failed reg. attempt and thats it for me on that website, otherwise you enter unlimited circular bs.

my record: Intervac - my single attempt failed so Im done.people saying site constantly down, etc......Work Permit Expats done easily with Sinovac under earlier separate (complex) reg. procedure......

phuket.win - single reg. attempt worked, vaxed 1st jab with AZ three days later, however, SMS QR Appt Confirmation vanished from phone next day but still went & got jabbed as vax centre allowed two special cases each day. pink card / over 60/ over 100kg situation enabled & overode the “ missing” appt QR.....

waiting now for an eight week 2nd jab sms......

there are no “walk in” govt hospital vax reg. or jabs here

YB / ID Irrelevant for initial reg/appt.....but required outside Phuket I read here.....useful however to negotiate better service once at vax centre......

so should not need the PHA Moderna 3 mths away min.) or Donated Pfizer

4-5 mths away min.)

54 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well we can all agree that the public rollout has been anything but logical I think (unfortunately).  I miss Chiang Mai tremendously, and plan to move back there in September.  How's life treating you up there?

Good except for the extremely hot months in Mar, Apr, May and lack of vaccines for foreigners.

27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Good except for the extremely hot months in Mar, Apr, May and lack of vaccines for foreigners.

Yeah, I lived in Chinag Mai up until last September, and never saw such a horrible Smoky Season as we had there last Spring (2020).  OMG, seeing the side of Doi Suthep on fire every night, and the helicopters dumping water on it all through the day was a little too freaky for me!

Hope you are lucky with the vaccination situation up there, but at least you are in a yellow zone unlike down here in Pattaya where we are red.  Good luck with that!

Edited by WaveHunter

NO don't say that word "failure".....it implies that something has gone wrong with the marvellous websites that our helpful people in government have brought to all of us expats. Never forget that Thailand is the internet hub of ASEAN, if not the whole world, so if something were ever to go wrong with IT systems here, that would call the whole economic hub theory of hubs into question. Someone should hang for this.

5 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

It's very clear your bent is to ignore all the detail descriptive experiences posted on this site detailing the numerous efforts to register online, or in person, or with the assistance of Thai friends and family that led to refusal, closure, or no further action to actually receive a vaccine.  Your alleged single experience of success does not equate to, or refute, the much much more failures of the government to proactively serve the expat community in a effective and transparent manner.

Still with the “alleged” line 

why would I, and others who used that website to register, make the whole thing up?

the expat culture here is just bizarre 

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

US donated some 1.5 million vaccines.

Its stipulated 20% go for foreigners.  Hopefully USA foreigners only.

Only about 40,000 US expats here in Thailand (google).  20% of 1.5M is 300,000 so plenty of vaccines left over for other expats

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Has Thailand been on the ball and secured Novavax which had proved effective in trials and probably not needed in the USA? 

asking for a friend 

It's unavailable, mired in production problems, product quality issues, still in trials and not approved for use ANYWHERE.

"April 13 Novavax says it could reach its production goal of 150 million doses per month by the third quarter of 2021"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/novavax-covid-19-vaccine.html

Edited by codemonkey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, codemonkey said:

It's unavailable, mired in production problems, product quality issues, still in trials and not approved for use ANYWHERE.

"April 13 Novavax says it could reach its production goal of 150 million doses per month by the third quarter of 2021"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/novavax-covid-19-vaccine.html

Interesting, thanks.

Very curious if lessons have been learned in the procurement of 2nd / 3rd Generation vaccines  

1 hour ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Please don’t post about your experience of getting vaccinated as an expat in Thailand in a discussion about expats getting vaccinated in Thailand.

IMO I've just read the Olympic gold medal post for circular argument.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Only about 40,000 US expats here in Thailand (google).  20% of 1.5M is 300,000 so plenty of vaccines left over for other expats

However, If the Thai government does not provide a viable way for ALL foreigners to become registered for vaccination, then we will remain invisible to the public rollout of vaccines, and so the very vaccines that our home country is donating, and that our tax dollars as US expat citizens helped pay for, would therefore be denied to us!

So far, the outright denial by the government to provide any viable way for ALL foreigners to register is very troubling and even a bit suspicious IMO.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Still with the “alleged” line 

why would I, and others who used that website to register, make the whole thing up?

the expat culture here is just bizarre 

Who others? Where in this thread have they posted that they had the same success doing exactly the same as you claim? This posting is replete with factual specifics by many people who have tried to register and been turned away; or registered and then saw the vaccine expectation disappear into no result; or have registered weeks and weeks ago and still wait for an appointment.

You choose to ignore these experiences believing you, and you alone, command some sort of truth.  Ignorance is bliss- and you are one blissful denier....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

Who others? Where in this thread have they posted that they had the same success doing exactly the same as you claim? This posting is replete with factual specifics by many people who have tried to register and been turned away; or registered and then saw the vaccine expectation disappear into no result; or have registered weeks and weeks ago and still wait for an appointment.

You choose to ignore these experiences believing you, and you alone, command some sort of truth.  Ignorance is bliss- and you are one blissful denier....

Third time posting this in this thread

may I ask, why on earth you think I would fake the photos and screenshot posted in this thread?

What about the other people in the link above? Is it all a great conspiracy, who is else is involved in this?

6 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

What an unexpected surprise when I woke up this morning and saw this text on my phone from Phyathai Hospital.  Amazing, Phyathai's offer is actually legit!  Phyathai is the real deal! 

If you have not yet successfully gotten registered do it NOW.  9am - Noon today through Friday.  You MUST apply no later than 9:01 am or you will not succeed.  Remember, they are only offering 100 appointments per day.

https://phyathai2international.com/

I posted a snapshot that shows all the fields you need to fill in so you can be prepared to copy/paste your information into the fields quickly and accurately.  If you need a copy DM me.

Good Luck!

IMG_1624.thumb.png.fd2d335ccbfb26c36a28ab68c5b250d0.png!

I was able to submit my registration today...got an email acknowledgment...hope it will result in receiving a SMS appointment confirmation by tomorrow as well....

• Like 1