travel pattaya ---bkk

HKwang 12

Need to travel to Cat convention hall for a vax appointment but am not sure I can travel the motorway there and back ,, with the checkpoints and the "no travel "restrictions. Has/will the motorway been closed or will they give notice ? Hate to be stuck in BKK and not be able get home for a couple months. 555

The 7 motorway between Bangkok and Pattaya is only closed during the Bangkok curfew times (9pm-3am) and, presumably, only the entrances and exits within Bangkok.  However, it is open during the day.  No-one knows for sure yet (it's only Day 1 of the new restrictions) what the requirements are for leaving Bangkok during the day, other than for "necessary" travel.  There's a lot of business travel between Chonburi province and Bangkok, so I would think legitimate business reasons will be allowed, and travelling for a vaccination sounds "necessary" to me.  We should know more in the next few days, as more people report back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if I were in this situation I'd do three things, travel during the daytime, bring proof of the medical appointment and know the different routes to get to/from Pattaya & BKK (Motorway 7 and 3).

Any updates on the situation?

I need to go to Bangkok for a jab next Thursday, My taxi driver is trying to tell me that I have to go to City Hall or the Amphoe office to get a form giving me permission to travel. I know that was the case last year, but I haven't read about it being reimposed this year, or seen the forms needed posted online. The whole idea of the vaccine is to prevent me getting Covid, while queuing at crowded offices for a form to travel sounds like a surefire way to get the wretched virus. It doesn't help that the only proof I have of the appointment is an SMS message sent to my phone by the hospital, no letter or e-mail to print out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I need to go to Bangkok for a jab next Thursday, My taxi driver is trying to tell me that I have to go to City Hall or the Amphoe office to get a form giving me permission to travel. I know that was the case last year, but I haven't read about it being reimposed this year, or seen the forms needed posted online. The whole idea of the vaccine is to prevent me getting Covid, while queuing at crowded offices for a form to travel sounds like a surefire way to get the wretched virus. It doesn't help that the only proof I have of the appointment is an SMS message sent to my phone by the hospital, no letter or e-mail to print out. 

I've not seen any reports of people being stopped before leaving Bangkok on the motorways as long as it's not during curfew hours. Leaving Pattaya for Bangkok should be fine as well.  But I guess you have to listen to your taxi driver, or find one who is less cautious. Buses are still running. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I have not heard of any instruction like that.....nor read of it. If you can get someone who reads Thai, check here.

I suspect heading towards Bangkok to be easier.....

• Like 1

OK, so that's two people who, like myself, haven't heard of any need to apply for an official travel permit. I've sent a message to Phyathai2 and asked them to e-mail me an official appointment letter, but I don't know if they will do so. I've read a number of times that appointments to get a vaccine are regarded as necessary travel, and that should be enough. It seems that getting an appointment for a jab is far from the end of the problems and uncertainties.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

My wife drove from Pattaya to Nakhon Ratchasima on Tuesday and before driving she checked if she needed any papers to travel; none needed, she drove during the daytime and did not encounter and checkpoints. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

The 7 motorway between Bangkok and Pattaya is only closed during the Bangkok curfew times (9pm-3am) and, presumably, only the entrances and exits within Bangkok.  However, it is open during the day.  No-one knows for sure yet (it's only Day 1 of the new restrictions) what the requirements are for leaving Bangkok during the day, other than for "necessary" travel.  There's a lot of business travel between Chonburi province and Bangkok, so I would think legitimate business reasons will be allowed, and travelling for a vaccination sounds "necessary" to me.  We should know more in the next few days, as more people report back.

I thought the freeway closure was 4 AM, not 3 AM.

1 hour ago, bbko said:

My wife drove from Pattaya to Nakhon Ratchasima on Tuesday and before driving she checked if she needed any papers to travel; none needed, she drove during the daytime and did not encounter and checkpoints. 

The only checkpoint in the Pattaya area I'm aware of is on Suk by the Banglamung police station, so getting from South Pattaya (where I live) onto the motorway should be without hindrance. I'd guess the problem is more likely to come trying to get in and then back out of Bangkok as that's the most highly-restricted area.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

The only checkpoint in the Pattaya area I'm aware of is on Suk by the Banglamung police station, so getting from South Pattaya (where I live) onto the motorway should be without hindrance. I'd guess the problem is more likely to come trying to get in and then back out of Bangkok as that's the most highly-restricted area.

I'm not aware of any restrictions in getting into or leaving Bangkok by road, as long as it's not during the curfew times.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not aware of any restrictions in getting into or leaving Bangkok by road, as long as it's not during the curfew times.

This may be of interest to you....

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-chonburi-relent-impose-2-week-quarantine-on-interprovincial-arrivals-363517

Does anyone know?

Cancelled my booking, Holiday Inn, Pattaya and shifted it to Rayong.

Can I drive through Chonburi to get to Rayong?

What happens when I enter/leave Chonburi.........just show them my hotel booking?

Less important......if we did continue to the Pattaya booking.......does the hotel make sure you stay in your room for 14 days......do all hotels, in effect, become and act as quarantine hotels......how do you get food?.......two weeks of room service?

On 7/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, Guderian said:

OK, so that's two people who, like myself, haven't heard of any need to apply for an official travel permit. I've sent a message to Phyathai2 and asked them to e-mail me an official appointment.

I am in the same situation.  I have appointment next Friday.  I "think" that going to get the vaccine would be considered essential but who knows.  I sure don't want to be on my way to or back and find that I am being stopped, particularly from re-entering back to Pattaya

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Does anyone know?

Cancelled my booking, Holiday Inn, Pattaya and shifted it to Rayong.

Can I drive through Chonburi to get to Rayong?

What happens when I enter/leave Chonburi.........just show them my hotel booking?

Less important......if we did continue to the Pattaya booking.......does the hotel make sure you stay in your room for 14 days......do all hotels, in effect, become and act as quarantine hotels......how do you get food?.......two weeks of room service?

A bit early for all these questions.... doubt anybody knows much.  I am still not convinced it is for sure. Don't see any announcement or order from Chonburi Province yet. Sometimes these things fizzle out..... (an order comes from above). 

You got little choice wrt driving through Chonburi to Rayong....

The Pattaya Mail article says 'self isolate'..... not enforced I expect. There are only 6 road blocks mentioned. It says People are not being taken from checkpoints to quarantine .

You must be desperate to get away.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I am in the same situation.  I have appointment next Friday.  I "think" that going to get the vaccine would be considered essential but who knows.  I sure don't want to be on my way to or back and find that I am being stopped, particularly from re-entering back to Pattaya

Travel for hospital appointments is considered essential. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for posting.  That's a big change, although it doesn't sound like it will be strictly enforced.

"People are not being taken from checkpoints to quarantine – random checks of passenger cars and trucks only are being done – but subdistrict mayors and village headmen are tasked with informing arrivals of the need to self-isolate for two weeks and not leave their accommodations"

Sorry I quoted my own post not Jack's.  Here's his link:

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-chonburi-relent-impose-2-week-quarantine-on-interprovincial-arrivals-363517

Edited by brewsterbudgen

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A bit early for all these questions.... doubt anybody knows much.  I am still not convinced it is for sure. Don't see any announcement or order from Chonburi Province yet. Sometimes these things fizzle out..... (an order comes from above). 

You got little choice wrt driving through Chonburi to Rayong....

The Pattaya Mail article says 'self isolate'..... not enforced I expect. There are only 6 road blocks mentioned. It says People are not being taken from checkpoints to quarantine .

You must be desperate to get away.

Indeed.  Just one press report; I would wait for something official before cancelling arrangements, especially if it means losing money!

23 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed.  Just one press report; I would wait for something official before cancelling arrangements, especially if it means losing money!

Just announced Chonburi is now a dark red zone. 

Have to wonder how that affects things.

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I guess it just means it will have to have the same restrictions as the other dark red zones - no dine-in at restaurants, malls closed and a proper curfew between 9pm and 4am?

Edited by brewsterbudgen

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Where did you see this?  I can't find any link or see it reported anywhere else.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I guess it just means it will have to have the same restrictions as the other dark red zones - no dine-in at restaurants, malls closed and a proper curfew between 9pm and 4am?

I live in Narathiwat in the deep south, which is also a dark red zone. But here, dine-in is still allowed alhamdulilah.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, Guderian said:

I have the exact same issue as I know many others do too, especially now that MEDPARK in Bangkok seems to have so many doses to offer (unlike the other "lottery" type options that are now over).

STILL OPEN FOR BOOKINGS:

Covid19 Vaccine Expats - MedPark Hospital

You are exactly correct that there was a short period during a previous restricted time where City Hall forms were a thing, but that was indeed cancelled for pretty obvious reasons (as you a great way to get infected) and thus far there has been no new announcements of a new permission form regime.

In theory your SMS should be adequate. In theory. 

But I think you're missing something. Maybe something big.

Permission to travel is only ONE part of it.

Now there is some kind of policy to require 14 day quarantines when returning.

This just started and the mechanics of it are not even half baked. We will have to wait if this is really going to be for real. CCSA today was alluding to a new policy of severe interprovincial travel restrictions and said specific details would follow in their next announcement.

So here we are in Pattaya, BLOCKED from access to local vaccines, we found a way to get vaccines in Bangkok, and now this.

Another issue which you alluded to is that your taxi driver thinks you need the City Hall permission. I think for now he's probably wrong and they stopped that. But seriously, why would taxi drivers even accept customers for this if there is any uncertainty about what will happen to THEM, the drivers, as a consequence?

This is obviously a developing story. There are no definitive answers yet.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's good.  Hopefully, Pattaya will be the same.

For the people and businesses there I do hope so.

I find it strange how there are two different kinds of red zones. We also still allow construction works to continue, while they had to shut down in the Greater Bangkok area. Strange.