travel pattaya ---bkk

HKwang 12

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So are all restaurants in Pattaya now closed for dining-in?

Darned if I know, as said my usual place was, I rode past a couple of noodle places yesterday  that looked open, but may have been only doing takeout. Mrs went out yesterday and suggested most shops were open. Someone told me Tuk-Com got raided.... 

I plan to take a ride into town today. 

The Nations is reporting that the new restrictions will include:

▪︎ People living in dark red provinces (maximum and strictly controlled areas) are not allowed to go outdoors unless necessary.

▪︎ Curfew hours are imposed from 9pm to 4am.

▪︎ Checkpoints will be set up to prevent people living in dark red provinces from inter-province travel.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So are all restaurants in Pattaya now closed for dining-in?

Just thought I would get back to you on this......

Everything in Pattaya looked like it did last weekend...... I just visited Big-CX Mall..... all the shops and stalls getting ready as normal, most kiosks on the food court opening. Subway selling overpriced 'sandwiches'.... KFC deep frying bone and gristle, etc etc. Eat in. Not sure how long this will last, because there is a sense of trepidation. Why the heck my usual Friday evening place shut up shop, well, to be honest, it always was more of a hobby for them. I hope to do better tonight, will try another local venue..... before what I fear comes about. Cheers,

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just thought I would get back to you on this......

Everything in Pattaya looked like it did last weekend...... I just visited Big-CX Mall..... all the shops and stalls getting ready as normal, most kiosks on the food court opening. Subway selling overpriced 'sandwiches'.... KFC deep frying bone and gristle, etc etc. Eat in. Not sure how long this will last, because there is a sense of trepidation. Why the heck my usual Friday evening place shut up shop, well, to be honest, it always was more of a hobby for them. I hope to do better tonight, will try another local venue..... before what I fear comes about. Cheers,

No dine-in from Tuesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geminiman said:

image.png.6cb3bdd6d34cb21418556ada3fc0e15a.png

It looks like anyone planning on using public transport had better think again, the service is cancelled from July 21st to August 2nd, which is the initial two-week period of the new restrictions, so presumably on the orders of the authorities. For some reason, I have my doubts that things will return to normal on August 3rd, lol.

Heck, I just hope they don't order all the taxi drivers to cease and desist taking customers to Bangkok, or I'm stuffed!

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, Guderian said:

The Nations is reporting that the new restrictions will include:

▪︎ People living in dark red provinces (maximum and strictly controlled areas) are not allowed to go outdoors unless necessary.

▪︎ Curfew hours are imposed from 9pm to 4am.

▪︎ Checkpoints will be set up to prevent people living in dark red provinces from inter-province travel.

Where are the check points setup  ?

I drove Chonburi to Rayong to Bangkok this morning... Nada.

• Like 1

The GF said that this morning the cops manning the Banglamung checkpoint have been replaced by soldiers. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign for those of us wanting to get to Phyathai2 this week.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

My appointment at Phiyathai2 is Friday afternoon. I'm not worried about getting there but getting home again to Pattaya is starting to look kinda dramatic.

Assuming you go, please post a full report.

9 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

I'm really in a bind. Getting that vaccine appointment at Phyathai2 was a real breakthrough. It's killing me to think I may have to walk away from it.

I would think if you have proof of appointment they will let you go.

I have one for Chulabhorn on Aug 10 . I also am hoping to get thru.I have a letter with QR code on it.

2 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

" I also am hoping to get thru.I have a letter with QR code on it. "

I just filled out that form.  There is no field to enter the travel day so it prints today's date. 

Was that true for you?

I have a hospital letter. With a vax date on it.

The big English language newspaper says that we need written permission from a chief of some kind, PLUS that form that generates a QR code only for Thai people, AND we must use Thai Chana everywhere we go. 

The big Thai language newspaper says we must do #1 OR #2 OR #3.

• Thanks 1