Chiang Mai Style Kow Soi

D M G

Shop/restaurant here  get there before noon(ish)  because when they sell what they have they close.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.920305,100.8797811,3a,34.8y,352.18h,86.33t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sXDw4K2ltsBHKzNUv6g2CoQ!2e0!5s20201001T000000!7i16384!8i8192

They usually have Kow Soi,Geng Hung ley,Geng Ho, Larp dip or cooked, khep moo

(pork scratchings) and a couple of other  things... I think they will cook a small selection of other "normal" Thai dishes to order.

Edited by johng
  • Thanks 1

No idea but you can buy packets of the Kow Soi curry powder in the supermarkets, like Tops. We use it to make regular Indian type curries, far better than any of the other curry powders we've tried in Thailand.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Right behind Soi Lengkee, in Miracle House hotel, there's a tiny restaurant selling only Khao Soy

Thank' s I'll have to try and remember to take my "Kow Soi" expert to try it out. 

You can get it in Central Festival Beach Eats. The stall you want is on the right going down from the cash card desk. The one before it has Mediterranean stuff- falafel, kofta  etc. They have a pretty basket of laab moo tod on show at the servery, which I recommend.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grusa said:

You can get it in Central Festival Beach Eats. The stall you want is on the right going down from the cash card desk. The one before it has Mediterranean stuff- falafel, kofta  etc. They have a pretty basket of laab moo tod on show at the servery, which I recommend.

Ta

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grain said:

No idea but you can buy packets of the Kow Soi curry powder in the supermarkets, like Tops. We use it to make regular Indian type curries, far better than any of the other curry powders we've tried in Thailand.

I haven't seen Khow Soi curry mix in Tops

14 hours ago, johng said:

Shop/restaurant here  get there before noon(ish)  because when they sell what they have they close.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.920305,100.8797811,3a,34.8y,352.18h,86.33t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sXDw4K2ltsBHKzNUv6g2CoQ!2e0!5s20201001T000000!7i16384!8i8192

They usually have Kow Soi,Geng Hung ley,Geng Ho, Larp dip or cooked, khep moo

(pork scratchings) and a couple of other  things... I think they will cook a small selection of other "normal" Thai dishes to order.

Best place right here.

53 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

I have been told it was Burmese influence.

You have been told wrong.

If you ask the people making the recipe, they got it from the Chinese people in Yunnan who first travelled to Myanmar.

Don't believe me? Just go to ask the owner of this shop - Khao Soi Islam. Her ancestors came from Yunnan, she's ethnic Chinese.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d3737799-Reviews-Khao_Soi_Islam-Chiang_Mai.html

Edited by EricTh