Thai netizens mostly endorse Thaksin’s vow to return

webfact

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It was drugs - not arms dealing.

Scum they might have been, but they were murdered - and on Thaksin's orders.

I must be honest, and declare that I came to Thailand to escape my personal heavy habit in the past. It proved an excellent rehabilitation for me. Obviously, I feel very sorry for drug users that were mercilessly shot. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Purachai, was definitely anti-foreigner and rejected all the PR and citizenship applications after he had bought a house in NZ where his children went to school. After Thaksin got rid of him he moved there for a while and got PR.  A total hypcrite.

He was the guy that had the pogrom against entertainment venues.

What a place Thailand was before him. I pity guys that weren't here before Purachai. It was wild.

Hypocritical of both himself and New Zealand.

As I have said many times before I am a big proponent for reciprocal laws in terms of pr, citizenship, business and property/land ownership.

36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He's a bit like Sleepy Joe Biden in that respect, but at least Taksin had press conferences.

Awww, look at you! Finally got to slip one in about President Biden even though the connection is only visible to the mentally confused. Feel better now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What a place Thailand was before him. I pity guys that weren't here before Purachai. It was wild.

As I have said many times before I am a big proponent for reciprocal laws in terms of pr, citizenship, business and property/land ownership.

Those were the days, crawling out the bars when business people were going to work. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He was the guy that had the pogrom against entertainment venues.

It's very reciprocal, the western countries disallow a thai to even jump on a flight and have a holiday there. Not without many hoops.

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

It's very reciprocal, the western countries disallow a thai to even jump on a flight and have a holiday there. Not without many hoops.

It is easier for tourists coming here. It's easier for a normal guy to get Thai citizenship than for a normal Thai to get Oz or NZ citizenship. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It is easier for tourists coming here. It's easier for a normal guy to get Thai citizenship than for a normal Thai to get Oz or NZ citizenship. 

They do have seriously limited quotas here for citizenship. Most normal thais who attempt to emigrate to the west, do it due to marriage. Then it's normally very easy. I understand Oz (don't know about NZ) is very strict on everything. 

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

They do have seriously limited quotas here for citizenship. Most normal thais who attempt to emigrate to the west, do it due to marriage. Then it's normally very easy. I understand Oz (don't know about NZ) is very strict on everything. 

There is no quota for citizenship here, pretty easy in fact, cost me 5000 baht and took 3 years going the marriage to a Thai route. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There is no quota for citizenship here, pretty easy in fact, cost me 5000 baht and took 3 years going the marriage to a Thai route. 

If that's the case, I thank you for informing me. Maybe, not having a job here would be an impediment for me. Or perhaps I couldn't pass a Thai language test? I don't have a TIN, either. I guess we going right off topic, somebody bring it back to thaksin please.

Just now, roiethome said:

Thaksin was not elected in a free and fair election.  My ex wife and everyone in her village received payment as they came out of the poling station and said they voted TRT.

I think it was 300 baht, if my memory serves correct.

1 minute ago, roiethome said:

Thaksin was not elected in a free and fair election.  My ex wife and everyone in her village received payment as they came out of the poling station and said they voted TRT.

Same where I live, anyone thinking that Taksin was elected has very blinkered vision, to say the least. 

26 minutes ago, Khabib said:

That is because some 80% or so overstayed or breached their visa conditions back in the early 00's.

46 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Did he send them to attitude adjustment camps as well?

I don't remember.

But I remember he made sure that newspapers which published true stories which he didn't like lost advertising business. 

Ah yes, they only voted for him because they were paid to vote. 

So they are too stupid to vote correctly and when they did choose someone it is because they received payment.

Righto. 

Again, pure contempt for the Thai electorate who I would tend to argue are far more informed than their counterparts in the UK or US going on recent election results from the same period. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That is because some 80% or so overstayed or breached their visa conditions back in the early 00's.

And they had lot's of advertising in London telephone boxes, near soho.

12 minutes ago, roiethome said:

You must be new to Thailand. All parties paid the electorates in cash and kind but whether they cast their ballot for them will be their secret. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So they are too stupid to vote correctly and when they did choose someone it is because they received payment.

Righto. 

Again, pure contempt for the Thai electorate who I would tend to argue are far more informed than their counterparts in the UK or US going on recent election results from the same period. 

Do you deny that Thai politicians pay people to vote for them?

You pretend you know it all but then you don't even know the basics. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Righto. 

With all these subsidised payments in the west to not work at the moment. It's the same, vote buying.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

You need to make up your mind, were they paid to vote for Thaksin or was it out of stupidity as you claimed earlier?

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

You need to make up your mind, were they paid to vote for Thaksin or was it out of stupidity as you claimed earlier?

You don't even understand that even stupid people can collet money.

With that in mind there is not much hope that you will understand more complex situations.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know enough not to support military coups to remove elected administrations, regardless of their alleged flaws. 

I also know the real reasons for the opposition to Thaksin as I have alluded to earlier in this thread which nobody has bothered to refute. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Which is why when foreigners say they are Pro-Taksin, it is just totally screwed up. 

Usually when you see foreigners saying they are Pro-Thaksin it is because their 'teerak' is from the Red Zone, so they are either brainwashed or henpecked into believing that Thaksin was and is the saviour.

Some arrive here and leave their brains in their home country, leaving their Isaan darling to run their lives for them.

You can't blame some foreigners for supporting Duterte's little brother Thakisin, when all of their political information came out of the mouth of a poorly educated farmer's daughter instead of doing some actual research.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For anybody who likes to know more about dirty Thai politics I recommend this book.

It was written a long time ago but as far as I see not much changed in the Land of Smiles.

Guns_girls_Gambling_Ganja.jpg?v=14041846

Excellent, this is thailands forte in business.

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Same where I live, anyone thinking that Taksin was elected has very blinkered vision, to say the least. 

The international community with it's election monitors considered the 2001 election which Thaksin won in a complete landslide generally free and fair. But they're all blinkered, of course.....to say the least.

Meanwhile, the last "election" didn't get much praise:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-election-idUSKCN1R70I3

• Like 1