Thai netizens mostly endorse Thaksin’s vow to return

webfact

9 minutes ago, wasabi said:

Old square face was corrupt but they all are. It's been downhill since he left. Bring him back.

But he still has a two year jail term to serve!

Surely he is not gonna serve  that for anything?

I would like to see him running the country  but that just ain't gonna happen

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about bringing him back and putting him in jail and voting for honest people? Or would that be too radical?

What honest people? Of course he should not be in jail. Honor among thieves.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, he should come back to Thailand. And then he should go to jail, like any other criminal.

And the same for his little sister.

And after they finished their time in jail then they can try to convince the people in Thailand that this time they want to work for all Thais and that their main concern is not to enrich themselves.

Yes, But I would let the sister off, as i still think she's hot. :thumbsup:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

As a previous coup supporter I certainly dislike Thaksin and his proxies. However the way the government is handeling the covid situation and other situations is so much alike as when YL did the rice scam and flooding that its uncanny.

Both will never admit their fault and even if reporters come up with news and discoveries the both governments never acknowledge it. In YL her rice scam it was in the news for long that the G2G deals were fake. She always denied and in the end the truth emerged the deals were fake. Now we got Prayut who totally messed up covid and is covering it up. All news reports and critique is being attacked.

So I doubt there will be much change both are corrupt and power hungry. But maybe Thaksin can do a better job who knows. I still prefer future forward. as one of the few parties that is really honest. The leader put his money in a blind trust something unheard of in Thai politics so he could not benefit from his decisions. (shows a lot of goodwill)

But i doubt Thaksin will  come back he has time to serve and his conviction disqualifies him Though with enough support anything can happen how else did we get a convicted drug dealer in government.

Thaksin certainly would have to try hard handling covid worse then Prayut. But it wont happen but hopefully it puts some extra stress on this government. I want to see them fall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pegman said:

It's been mostly all down hill since that nite in May/2014 when sweetie and I were told by a movie house manager that they were closed because the army was in the streets. My first and so far only  coup d'état. 

It was my third (four if you count the judicial coup against Samak that foisted the unelected Abhisit Democrat government on us, culminating in the 2010 Rajaprasong massacre).

Suchinda in '92

Was in Phnom Penh for the 2006 coup, watched it in Howies and Heart of Darkness on St. 51 then flew into BKK still drunk at 6am to Humvees on the expressway. That was surreal.

Judicial coup in 2008 that removed PM Samak for appearing on a cooking show (by this time they had shown their true colours and were just using any old excuse).

2014 was predictable as they were planning it for years and as soon as Suthep was involved it was only going to go one way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

Old square face was corrupt but they all are. It's been downhill since he left. Bring him back.

Thank you...  made me giggle a lot. Then it reminded me of an old Tate & Lyle (a sugar company) advert for sugar lumps...

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Loving your whataboutery in trying to compare the rice pledging scheme to the incompetence and mismanagement of the COVID-19 debacle where Thai lives are at stake. There's not an opportunity missed to try and compare the two to try and somehow excuse your bad judgement.

You supported the coup, you were duped. This government is far worse than the ones that preceded it. You were wrong. Those are the facts that we all now know. 

Didn't the Administrative Court recently overturn the Yingluck verdict citing that the prosecution had failed to show any clear evidence that Yingluck was responsible for the financial damages done to the state, saying that all the corruption happened at the operational level? 

That you don't see it is your mistake not mine. I am talking about the lies deceit and trying to keep the lies from becoming public. That is what i was aiming at. YL might be set free but the two ministers who served under her were convicted of the fake deals that she failed to find and did her best to hide.

Same with Prayut, if you don't see the comparison then that is up to you. Both use exactly the same tactics so why would they be any better.

Sorry but both are in it for themselves and utterly corrupt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Top bloke Thaksin!!  The best guy to lead Thailand out of the mess that the military guys have created...

And why did the military intervene? Because of the mess which Thaksin and his lackeys created. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1