Pink ID card for expats

16 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Agree, have heard from others that each district can vary. I think it depend on people in government, some dont like farangs, some dont know proceedures, some lazy, etc. I was lucky to get. 

I did mine back in 2010, not a problem but they insisted on a police check and it took 6 weeks.

Been registered at the hospital some years with the Thai ID No and the hospital registered me for the vaccine.

• Like 1

Please note, we live in N.E. Thailand not Phuket or Suomi where you get preferential treatment.

Please help me understand what do you mean by this, I'm thinking to move from Los Angeles to Phuket in the next 6-9 months.

9 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Can anyone confirm that the tax ID number is same as Yellow Book number ???  This would very useful to know 

if you do the yellow book and then the tax ID, then it will be the same. Till now I only heard (read) about 1 person on which the taxID was different to the yellow book, so I guess that in normal cases it's the same number.

• Like 1

Has anyone been told that they MUST be married to get Yellow Book/Pink Card. My Amphur, Bang Rakam insists it is necessary even though Ubon Joe amongst others, says that it is not.

How do I or my GF convince the official he is wrong?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, XtraFly said:

Please note, we live in N.E. Thailand not Phuket or Suomi where you get preferential treatment.

Please help me understand what do you mean by this, I'm thinking to move from Los Angeles to Phuket in the next 6-9 months.

The two places I mention are part of Tourist sandbox plan, government priotise people living there to get vaccinated. Once this pandemic is over, you will be in the same boat as all other foriengners living in Thailand. No preferential treatment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

my pink id card no and my personal no inside the yellow book are the same. but my tax no is completely different! hope that helps.

have you received your Tax no before you become your yellow book?
because this could be maybe a reason that this are different. I had the yellow book first, and then gone for a tax no.. and for me this numbers are equal.

• Like 1

A lot of people scoff at the pink ID and yellow book, but my last driver license renewal it was all I needed aside from the old license.

I did not need a residence certificate or a visa. I did not even have to show my passport. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

A lot of people scoff at the pink ID and yellow book, but my last driver license renewal it was all I needed aside from the old license.

I did not need a residence certificate or a visa. I did not even have to show my passport. 

I had the same years ago.   what do you want that for.   what good is it.   Driving license does everything those can

Many topics on the Yellow Book and Pink. Card 

A few regrets now I think

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is this the only nation in the world where a Thai drivers licence is not considered a valid Government ID?

My own country would accept a Thai license as a valid Government ID.

If I can get on a Thai domestic flight with it why can't I get a bloody vaccine?

• Like 1

Passport would have been enough in most cases if you insist.  Especially in some areas where they dont even know what a pink card is.  Thai officialdom like the pink card coz its all in Thai whereas passport is not.  Some Thais almost pass out if confronted with anything but Thai lol!  I got my first AZ shot with passport only and booked for 2nd in October.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There have been a load of threads on the Yellow House Book and Pink ID over the past couple of years. 

The take away from ALL of those threads: 

1) The vast majority of those who have the Yellow House Book and Pink ID have stated that it has been useful.

2) A lot of those who do not have the Yellow House Book and Pink ID have stated it is useless. 

Those who do not have the Yellow House Book and Pink ID seem to think applying for it is too much trouble which may influence why they think it is useless. 

The reality: A Yellow House Book and Pink ID card is by no means a necessity. But, it has been proven to be quite handy for many who have it.

Having gone through the process a few years back, yes, securing the Yellow House Book and Pink ID involves a little leg work, it was worth it for me.

-----

I have saved money on Affirmation of Residence letters from Embassy (I’m not usually in Thailand longer than 90 days at a time and thus never to a 90 day report and thus cannot get a letter of residence from immigration).

I registered for the vaccine with on the Mor Promp App using Pink ID, I received AZ at the beginning of June. 

-----

The whole debate around the Yellow House Book and Pink ID is utterly ridiculous...  other than the leg work involved in applying, there is no downside to holding those documents, but there can be advantages of cost saving, time saving and also ensuring you are ‘in the Thai system’ for vaccines and in the near future booster vaccinations. 

You have missed a lot in your 'take away' research lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:
3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Has anyone been told that they MUST be married to get Yellow Book/Pink Card. My Amphur, Bang Rakam insists it is necessary even though Ubon Joe amongst others, says that it is not.

How do I or my GF convince the official he is wrong?

You dont. If you argue you have no chance. TIT some know the rules some dont and some just dont like farangs. I was married when I get mine. Thailand government officials are like playing Russian roulette.

I was married when I got my Pink ID and Yellow House Book.

It does involve quite a lot of paper work for the Amphur official - Thus, IF an official knows how much paper work it involves they may make excuses to turn you away. 

Equally so, the official may not know about it or know the regulations and default to the standard ‘cannot’ response. 

My Wife was renewing her ID (we’d just moved house), while at the Amphur she asked about the Yellow Book and Pink ID and was told cannot, when she pressed she was told I was on the wrong visa (Thai Elite) - that was rubbish, the Amphur officer simply did not know what the Thai Elite Visa is. 

So, Wife went back to the Amphur the following day, spoke with the same Amphur official again who this time provided an appointment and a list of documents required. 

Recommendation - Have a ‘respected Thai’ phone up the Amphur office on your behalf to make an appointment: 

At the Appointment have the following: 

- Copy of Passport Verified by your Embassy

- Translation (in to Thailand) of the verified Copy of your Passport

- MFA Verification of Translation of verified Copy of your Passport

- House Owners ID 

- House Owners Blue House Book

- House Owner

- Two Thai Witnesses ( I actually got away with one )

- As you are not married you may need to show ’some sort of rental agreement’ at the property you reside. 

In short - it is possible for you to get the Yellow Book and Pink ID without being married, but as you say, convincing someone official that they are mistaken is going to take a certain degree to tact. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HampiK said:

have you received your Tax no before you become your yellow book?
because this could be maybe a reason that this are different. I had the yellow book first, and then gone for a tax no.. and for me this numbers are equal.

yes that's right, I got my tax no a few years before the yellow book ...

Same here. For the vaccine registration all they wanted is my pink id card. (Haven't received the vaccine yet) It is getting difficult in my area though. 2 years ago I got the yellow book and id card without a problem. A friend of mine was trying to get his a couple of weeks ago at the same office and was told can't do anymore. New boss at the amphur and he is not too keen to issue them for farangs.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Correct - I didn’t include the d!<k heads accusing the Pink ID holders as acting as if they have an elevated sense of Thainess or importance or whatever it is they perceive or project - those arguments are just idiotic. 

Can you please point out where I made that accusation? 

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

if you do the yellow book and then the tax ID, then it will be the same. Till now I only heard (read) about 1 person on which the taxID was different to the yellow book, so I guess that in normal cases it's the same number.

My Tax ID & Pink ID numbers are different, BUT I put that down to obtaining my Tax ID a couple of years before I got my yellow book & pink ID card. My yellow book & pink ID card are the same.

6 hours ago, XtraFly said:

Yes, it was a rather silly, throwaway statement. Who is 'you'?

Expats? Farang married to Thai? Who?