French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 18 in Thailand

webfact

47 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Conflicting report but bravo for the French for taking the lead.  Conflicting the article indicate they have procure vaccine for their citizens over 55 years of age completed but talking to a doctor and representative for the group hospital above they haven't seen a drop of J&J for the French?

Errr ?....

CertificatVaccination.png

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Even if the British embassy did follow suit, it still leaves me with a 400kms+ round trip.

Whereas Thai authorities are vaccinating expats within 4kms of my home.

Go get one then.....

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Even if the British embassy did follow suit, it still leaves me with a 400kms+ round trip.

I thought Thai was first. Another lie? Add to the list

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

How do France's vaccination numbers compare to the US and UK? How much surplus vaccine does France have compared to the US and UK? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to bet that the US and the UK are the two biggest vaccine hoarders out there. And these two pigs refuse to do anything like the French to help their people.

Its enough to make you sick

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So you want the Uk government to arrange vaccination 4 kms from your house, leave it to me i will get it sorted !!

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Whilst the British embassy has still got it's thumb firmly up it's backside...

Au Contrare, their thumbs will be pointing down along the golf club as they line up the putt,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 1

In the meantime, the Australian ambassador is bunkered in his nice house busy tweeting stupid trivial tweets about reducing green house gases, gay rights and other similar trivial things. The welfare and safety of his fellow citizens in Thailand is the last thing on his mind. Shame.

And the Swiss confirm appointments on Monday morning at 8am in the Bangrak Hospital  (Bangkok) for an almost 80 years old citizen living in Kamphaengphet; only 380kms away. 

Tip to the hat of the French government and shame on all the others ???? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Almer said:

So you want the Uk government to arrange vaccination 4 kms from your house, leave it to me i will get it sorted !!

No, you miss my point. All this banging on about our home countries' embassies needing to do something when, in actual fact, things can be done right on your doorstep if you look into it and stop waiting for someone to do everything for you.

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

How do you think I know about this?

Called  a friend? 

Anyhow, good for you..... your post suggested to me otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Conflicting report but bravo for the French for taking the lead.  Conflicting the article indicate they have procure vaccine for their citizens over 55 years of age completed but talking to a doctor and representative for the group hospital above they haven't seen a drop of J&J for the French?

i am french and i got vaccined whit other french in udon thani two week go

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

On Thursday, the French Ambassador to Thailand, Thierry Mathou, announced that French nationals aged over 18 will soon be able to register for a free COVID-19 vaccination courtesy of the French Embassy in Bangkok.

Are you paying attention UK?

3 hours ago, calbts2 said:

Wow, a country that actually does the right thing and supports their expats with life saving vaccines.

And the French expats are not even required to file tax returns every year and be subject to citizen based taxation.

Contrast that with US expats who are required to file taxes from abroad every year and possibly be subject to double taxation and whose embassy basically

does not care for their health and well being. Instead they prioritize donating vaccines in the name of "equity" whereas Americans are not even guaranteed to get these donations that their tax dollars pay for.

Exactly!

USA has created a ‘separate class’ of tax paying citizens not receiving the same health benefits that they are already paying for for all others…

Class action suit, anyone?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, barney42bb said:

Ex_Pats.... You made a concious decision to live elsewhere.

Rather than slate your nation of birthright...either go home  or lobby your current hosts.

COVID_19 is not a Dunkirk scenario.

But we are still tax paying citizens in good standing. Location is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

...but talking to a doctor and representative for the group hospital above they haven't seen a drop of J&J for the French?

So many BS and fake news on Internet ! I received the Janssen jab on june 30 th in Bangkok ,  then the same day a certificate, and later by mail an official certificate with QCR code ( look at pictures above, there were signs everywhere in the BHP ) 

yes, French don't want it, they prefer Moderna and Pfizer, but I read somewhere  yesterday that  a professeur told that the studies about this vaccine and the Delta variant are very encouraging; I wait news again about this 

1 hour ago, Fab5BKK said:

...then Moderna & Pfizer

How do you know  it ofr Moderna and Pfizer ? I think all the thing costs ( and will cost for these two vaccines ) a lot of  money

No question if we pay taxes or not , to be vaccinated 

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Same with the American embassy, however I do get more timely information from the British embassy. With much gratitude I give thanks to the British embassy email this morning alerting me to register at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. About 15 minutes after I registered, I received a confirmation email with a time and date for my vaccination.

I did it via the Thai Intervac site when MedPark hospital had just been added but I have no idea which vaccine?

Pop quiz, your starter for 10. After the 2004 tsunami, which country embassy do you think was one of the last to turn up to offer support to it's citizens in Phuket? 

.. Yup, you guessed it, the UK. British embassy supporting its citizens with covid vaccinations, be real.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aforek said:

How do you know  it ofr Moderna and Pfizer ? I think all the thing costs ( and will cost for these two vaccines ) a lot of  money

As I said previously: https://th.ambafrance.org/

I wrote it because I got the info straight from the French Embassy in Thailand website, clearer?

3 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

the problem is that you do not know how to read correctly, right ?

until now only people over 55 have been vaccinated by french embassy.

i know that this website is full of krap and useless fake news, but at least this one is correct !

Sorry, have had 2 posts today where I thought I read the whole OP and posted on what I read.  Have an energetic 3yr old that is keeping me distracted while the wife is out on a day of errands.  I'll be more cautious and thorough in the future.  Thanks for catching that.

• Like 1