French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 18 in Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, connda said:

If you're from the US you can save a load of money and go to Guam. Still a PITA to get back into Thailand though. 
Personally, if I have to leave, that's it. I won't be returning.

I think you can save airtime, but flights to Guam are not cheap.

6 hours ago, club said:

Not much there.

What's the deal with the 20% stipulation on the 1.5 million donated pfeizer vaccines?

Hopefully Anutin hasn't pre sold them on the black market.

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Not much there.

What's the deal with the 20% stipulation on the 1.5 million donated pfeizer vaccines?

Hopefully Anutin hasn't pre sold them on the black market.

Read the 5th paragraph down, What's it say?

I'm surprised that the Govt hasn't released a face saving comment regarding various Country Embassies (France, China, Switzerland) giving vaccines to their residing Expats !!!  From memory the number of Farang in Thailand is ~3M, I wonder what % have had at least 1 jab through the current Govt registration channels, probably ~1% which would be ~30K people...

30 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Mine mistake in my original post I didn't clarify the location.  You reference is in French does me no good since I'm not French!  Second I guess your reference is to Bangkok noted Bangkok Hospital but my reference so have been for Pattaya, the private hospital here haven't seen or heard of the Johnson and Johnson being provide to the French as we speak so maybe I guess there aren't any French 55 or over here or they were made to travel to Bangkok to get it.  If wrong maybe someone French can let me know if the information I got from the hospital is wrong?

Is it that difficult to go to the website and have a read?

https://th.ambafrance.org/

https://th.ambafrance.org/Modalites-de-la-campagne-de-vaccination-de-l-ambassade-de-France-en-Thailande#Les-centres-de-vaccination

Surprise, the info is in French... do you know why? have a guess!!! lol

Since, I'm VERY nice here's the Vaccination Centre List (Please note that this info is for French citizens only)

Les centres de vaccination

1 - Bangkok

Bangkok Hospital (BHQ), 2 Soi Soonvijai 7, New Petchburi Road, Bangkok, 10310 Thailand.

2 - Chiang Mai

Bangkok Hospital Chiangmai (BCM), 88/8 Moo 6, Nong Pa Khrang Sub-District, Mueang Chiangmai District, Chiang Mai, 50000 Thailand.

3 - Hua Hin

Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin (BHN), Petchkasem Road, Hua Hin, Prachuapkhirikhan, 77110 Thailand.

4 - Khon Kaen

Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen (BKN), Moo 16, Naimuang Sub-District, Muang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen, 40000, Thailand.

5 - Pattaya

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (BPH), 301 Moo 6, Sukhumvit Road (km 143), Naklua, Banglamung, Chonburi, 20150 Thailand.

6 - Phuket

Bangkok Hospital Phuket (BPK), 2/1 Hongyok Utis Road, Muang, Phuket, 83000 Thailand.

7 - Koh Samui

Bangkok Hospital Samui (BSH), 57 Moo 3, Thaweerat Phakdee Road, Bophut, Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84320 Thailand.

8 - Udon Thani

Bangkok Hospital Udon (BUD), 111 Thongyai Rd, Markkaeng, Muang district, Udonthani, 41000 Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Fab5BKK said:

Is it that difficult to go to the website and have a read?

https://th.ambafrance.org/

https://th.ambafrance.org/Modalites-de-la-campagne-de-vaccination-de-l-ambassade-de-France-en-Thailande#Les-centres-de-vaccination

Surprise, the info is in French... do you know why? have a guess!!! lol

Since, I'm VERY nice here's the Vaccination Centre List (Please note that this info is for French citizens only)

Les centres de vaccination

1 - Bangkok

Bangkok Hospital (BHQ), 2 Soi Soonvijai 7, New Petchburi Road, Bangkok, 10310 Thailand.

2 - Chiang Mai

Bangkok Hospital Chiangmai (BCM), 88/8 Moo 6, Nong Pa Khrang Sub-District, Mueang Chiangmai District, Chiang Mai, 50000 Thailand.

3 - Hua Hin

Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin (BHN), Petchkasem Road, Hua Hin, Prachuapkhirikhan, 77110 Thailand.

4 - Khon Kaen

Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen (BKN), Moo 16, Naimuang Sub-District, Muang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen, 40000, Thailand.

5 - Pattaya

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (BPH), 301 Moo 6, Sukhumvit Road (km 143), Naklua, Banglamung, Chonburi, 20150 Thailand.

6 - Phuket

Bangkok Hospital Phuket (BPK), 2/1 Hongyok Utis Road, Muang, Phuket, 83000 Thailand.

7 - Koh Samui

Bangkok Hospital Samui (BSH), 57 Moo 3, Thaweerat Phakdee Road, Bophut, Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84320 Thailand.

8 - Udon Thani

Bangkok Hospital Udon (BUD), 111 Thongyai Rd, Markkaeng, Muang district, Udonthani, 41000 Thailand.

It isn't hard at all the reason I did and if I didn't I wouldn't have noticed that it is in French, since you knew why in the world would you even make such a suggestion but I do appreciate you being nice it break my non French heart.

As I noted to another poster who also was nice in responding that I forgot the location which is Pattaya and although it is on the list as of July 9th, when I spoke to my wife Doctor, Chief of staff of the hospital which is Bangkok Pattaya Hospital they haven't seen any J&J nor have they heard of the vaccination program starting. So if someone steps up and know a French first hand that is 55 years or older and gotten a J&J at BPH then the information I got first hand is correct and the article is CONFLICTING since there is zero J&J at the hospital.

7 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Same with the American embassy, however I do get more timely information from the British embassy. With much gratitude I give thanks to the British embassy email this morning alerting me to register at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. About 15 minutes after I registered, I received a confirmation email with a time and date for my vaccination.

My E-mail delivery was logged at 9.05am (16th July) and the registration at the Board of Trade Thailand was only available until 11.00am (16th July)! I know, I know, I should be more grateful and it's the thought that counts and all that but a less than 2 hour window begs the question if there were any takers at all. As it wasn't until 11.20am that I checked my E-mail that option didn't apply to me; too late!

On the strength of the news from the French & Australian embassies I sent this to Bojo back in the UK.

Good afternoon Mr Prime Minister, unfortunately I have as yet not received a reply from your office or any office for that matter with regard to COVID-19 vaccination for expats living in Thailand other than to say that my message has been filed in B1N, considering I emailed you on the 27th June 2021, I find that particularly galling. It would now transpire that France has decided to vaccinate ALL French citizens over the age of 18, they have already vaccinated all French citizens over the age of 55, but wait, it gets better, now the Australians are bringing vaccines in for their citizens, registration is taking place now & starts on Sunday 18 July 2021, do you and your government not feel embarrassed by your sorry approach to this pandemic or are you happy to continue to tax your citizens abroad while doing nothing for them. A tad unusual I know but a personal response to a long time tax payer would be appreciated, or will this also hit file B1N ???

Let's see if I get a reply, it was my 2nd attempt ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

It isn't hard at all the reason I did and if I didn't I wouldn't have noticed that it is in French, since you knew why in the world would you even make such a suggestion but I do appreciate you being nice it break my non French heart.

As I noted to another poster who also was nice in responding that I forgot the location which is Pattaya and although it is on the list as of July 9th, when I spoke to my wife Doctor, Chief of staff of the hospital which is Bangkok Pattaya Hospital they haven't seen any J&J nor have they heard of the vaccination program starting. So if someone steps up and know a French first hand that is 55 years or older and gotten a J&J at BPH then the information I got first hand is correct and the article is CONFLICTING since there is zero J&J at the hospital.

? ? ? 

Are you implying that the French Embassy in Thailand is lying, as well as the French expats who live in Pattaya??? Your MOTIVES?

Edited by Fab5BKK

7 hours ago, club said:

Looks like I will be going home. No choice at this point. 

Book the Moderna. 

Its ok if you don't have family here though it's rough getting back and not cheap.

5 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Even if the British embassy did follow suit, it still leaves me with a 400kms+ round trip.

Whereas Thai authorities are vaccinating expats within 4kms of my home.

With what?

Sinovac <deleted>?

Id travel 400 km in heart beat for an mRNA vaccine.

Stay at a nice hotel.  Make it holiday!

Has anyone asked how many French ex-pats are they in Thailand compared to the UK and USA.

I have read on here the most ex-pats here in Thailand are the Brits followed by the Americans ,a lot bigger logistic problem.

If any vaccine was available to the UK citizens, the jab ,for me would have to be done in Bangkok ,one, my wife would not like the idea of me going to Bangkok at the moment.

And not having any transport ,for years I have used buses and mini buses ,buses not running and mini buses not having a regular service not easy to get they, and even harder to come back. 

7 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Has anyone asked how many French ex-pats are they in Thailand compared to the UK and USA.

I have read on here the most ex-pats here in Thailand are the Brits followed by the Americans ,a lot bigger logistic problem.

If any vaccine was available to the UK citizens, the jab ,for me would have to be done in Bangkok ,one, my wife would not like the idea of me going to Bangkok at the moment.

And not having any transport ,for years I have used buses and mini buses ,buses not running and mini buses not having a regular service not easy to get they, and even harder to come back. 

Does it really matter how many French expats are living here ? What about all the aussie expats ? I literally know dozens, but their government is stepping up to help their citizens, as for the jab having to be in Bangkok is total tosh, the French employed the services of the Bangkok Hospital Group who have 40 + hospitals in Thailand covering most of the country, I've just sent another email to boris asking if he is not embarrassed by the French & Aussie response, instead of sitting on here feeling sorry for yourself send bojo an email detailing your disgust ( I take it your a Brit ) do something for christ's sake. 

7 hours ago, French mate said:

Sorry but i can't agree with that :

First in France at this day j&j and astrazena vacine are reserved to people over 55, so if you are under like most of the population only morderna & pfizer are avaible for you.

Second the obivious reason to use j&j in Thailand is its a single jab vaccin  that avoid lot of logistic trouble from the quantity to transport to the the hassle of organise a second jab in a fixed delay.

I have come back to France since a month and i would have go for the j&j if that was avaible for me as its convenient, but since i couldnt, me and my thai wife we going to have our second pfizer dose just today (they was no waiting at all to get an apointement for the first dose so we got it right after we ended our self 7 days isolation as required).

You are correct 

I do not think they will be allowed to vaccinate with J&J as it is not according to the "French" protocole ( over 60 years old actually can get it )

17 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Does it really matter how many French expats are living here ? What about all the aussie expats ? I literally know dozens, but their government is stepping up to help their citizens, as for the jab having to be in Bangkok is total tosh, the French employed the services of the Bangkok Hospital Group who have 40 + hospitals in Thailand covering most of the country, I've just sent another email to boris asking if he is not embarrassed by the French & Aussie response, instead of sitting on here feeling sorry for yourself send bojo an email detailing your disgust ( I take it your a Brit ) do something for christ's sake. 

FYI, I live 140 km north of BKK ,in a very rural area , I would have to go to Bangkok they would be no way any embassy would use our local hospital ,or any government hospitals , in this area for no more, at a guess of 30-40  Brits.

What would the UK taxpayer say if they had to fit the bill for me to go a privet hospital ie, the  3400 baht for 2 jabs, The Sun and D. Mail would pick it up for sure .

I am not feeling sorry for my self, just saying .

I have been registered with our local Or-Bor- Tor ,local sub-district authority   just waiting to have it done at our local hospital.

They did 300 people yesterday and another 200 today ,all for the 60 + years old ,which is me now .

Hopefully it will be next week for the first jab of the AZ vaccine. 

7 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Conflicting report but bravo for the French for taking the lead.  Conflicting the article indicate they have procure vaccine for their citizens over 55 years of age completed but talking to a doctor and representative for the group hospital above they haven't seen a drop of J&J for the French?

A French guy told me he got his jab about 2 weeks+ ago here in CNX.

9 minutes ago, kickstart said:

FYI, I live 140 km north of BKK ,in a very rural area , I would have to go to Bangkok they would be no way any embassy would use our local hospital ,or any government hospitals , in this area for no more, at a guess of 30-40  Brits.

What would the UK taxpayer say if they had to fit the bill for me to go a privet hospital ie, the  3400 baht for 2 jabs, The Sun and D. Mail would pick it up for sure .

I am not feeling sorry for my self, just saying .

I have been registered with our local Or-Bor- Tor ,local sub-district authority   just waiting to have it done at our local hospital.

They did 300 people yesterday and another 200 today ,all for the 60 + years old ,which is me now .

Hopefully it will be next week for the first jab of the AZ vaccine. 

Yes, and I live in excess of 100 km South of Bangkok, but in this area in & around Pattaya there are literally thousands of expats from all countries, at the moment no one is getting any help from anywhere, I am registered at more places than I can throw a stick at but nothing is happening, I'm close to 68 with underlying conditions, I want a decent vaccine, not that krap that they gave to Dr's & Nurses who are now either very sick or already dead.

12 hours ago, calbts2 said:

Wow, a country that actually does the right thing and supports their expats with life saving vaccines.

After doing some brief research, I do not believe that it is an action of the French government but an initiative of the Ambassador of France in Thailand (of course with the approval of the government). I asked myself the question and I am also surprised because it seems that no other French Embassy offers it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marsupienemi said:

After doing some brief research, I do not believe that it is an action of the French government but an initiative of the Ambassador of France in Thailand (of course with the approval of the government). I asked myself the question and I am also surprised because it seems that no other French Embassy offers it.

They have just announced on 13 July that they will do the same in Vietnam.

4 hours ago, alyx said:

You are correct 

I do not think they will be allowed to vaccinate with J&J as it is not according to the "French" protocole ( over 60 years old actually can get it )

Well the protocol have changed recently (8 jully)  concerning the french living abroad :

In short, its say j&j can be used on french people over 18 who are expat or far from the french healh system and dont have acces to an ARNm vaccin localy.

Edited by French mate
typo

10 hours ago, Fab5BKK said:

? ? ? 

Are you implying that the French Embassy in Thailand is lying, as well as the French expats who live in Pattaya??? Your MOTIVES?

Any implication is strictly your problem!  As for French Expats living in Pattaya as I noted have been asking for someone to verify living here in Pattaya that they actually got their J&J from the hospital listed BPH, which as I noted as of July 9th, my visit hasn't receive shipment of J&J to start the vaccine program for the French. 

There are many articles placed for us to read you can read and believe every letter written or not this story just happens to be conflicting as to whether every French over 55 been vaccinated since BPH hasn't done any vaccination except for the Sino my motive!!!!!!!!!  is just to get an answer I wonder what is yours from your senseless implication?

9 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

A French guy told me he got his jab about 2 weeks+ ago here in CNX.

As noted,  in my other replies I left out the location of my post which is PATTAYA!  BPH is on the list of location by the French Emb.. 24 hours plus no one has responded yet that they know a French has been given the vaccination here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tgw said:

the CFE is only good for grandfathered plans that date back to better times when they still offered family coverage.

today, any new plan subscribed with them is as expensive as any other.

Strange ! I spoke of "retraiteExpat Santé ", ( many retired here ), price is 119 € / month, and you can have a " contrat aidé", 67 € / month

its not an old plan, you can have today if you qualify 

Catégorie aidée - La Sécurité sociale des Expatriés - CFE

13 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Yes since you mentioned the hospital I was there July 9th, spoke to my wife doctor and the chief of staff of the hospital the answer to my many question was have they started the program for the French,  no have J&J, no have pfizer or moderna you want Sino can get back of parking lot today.  I ask have they been vaccinated both said yes with the Sino but hope to get a booster with any of the three mention SOON!

which hospital exactly ? Pattaya bangkok hospital was on the list ( all, 8 hospitals in Thailand ) : campaign finised on July 7 th

Edited by Aforek
  • Thanks 1