French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 18 in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, club said:

I'm not a Thai citizen.  I'm a US citizen and deserve all the rights as every other US citizen such as the promise to all citizens by my government to be inoculated.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

From what I had read, I thought they already vaccinated their citizens.  Makes some info in one of my posts inaccurate if this is true or is it they inoculated their older citizens already and are now lowering the age bar to 18 and older?

That is exactly what the article says. Did you read it?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The first phase of the French Embassy’s rollout of the vaccine to those aged over 55 has now been completed, Mr Mathou confirmed.

Now the Embassy will begin the process of providing vaccines for all its citizens aged over 18, before working on securing vaccines for children aged over 12.

4 hours ago, calbts2 said:

Wow, a country that actually does the right thing and supports their expats with life saving vaccines.

And the French expats are not even required to file tax returns every year and be subject to citizen based taxation.

Contrast that with US expats who are required to file taxes from abroad every year and possibly be subject to double taxation and whose embassy basically

does not care for their health and well being. Instead they prioritize donating vaccines in the name of "equity" whereas Americans are not even guaranteed to get these donations that their tax dollars pay for.

YES, my sweet lamb! You should add that France is the world champion in taxes and imopts of all kinds. We have already paid for this <deleted> vaccine 20 times!

4 hours ago, club said:

Looks like I will be going home. No choice at this point. 

Sure you do. Stay in your house and ride it out. 

Why is this situation continually cast as a binary choice by so many posts on these forums?

"This point" is the same as it's been for several months now and you've endured so far. The only thing that's changed is your personal psychology.

If you want to go back to your home country, then do it. But don't pretend it's done under immediate extreme duress. Are you looking for confirmation from others?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Sure you do. Stay in your house and ride it out. 

Why is this situation continually cast as a binary choice by so many posts on these forums?

"This point" is the same as it's been for several months now and you've endured so far. The only thing that's changed is your personal psychology.

If you want to go back to your home country, then do it. But don't pretend it's done under immediate extreme duress. Are you looking for confirmation from others?

And what are you looking for ? I am going back to usa anyway. So i will get vaccinated there unlike people like you who  will lay around on your couch and think things will change magically  

1 minute ago, club said:

And what are you looking for ? I am going back to usa anyway. So i will get vaccinated there unlike people like you who  will lay around on your couch and think things will change magically  

Your delusional 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derek B said:

How many French Nationals are there in Thailand ?

With more than 800,000 French tourists a year, Thailand alone receives half of the French tourists in the Asia-Pacific region. Together with Singapore, Thailand has the largest resident French community in South East Asia (nearly 13,000 registered, about four times more than in 2000) with between 32,000 and 40,000 French residents. France receives on average 101,000 Thai tourists annually.

Why they persist in this farce is inexplicable. TVF posters have already determined it's not their purview and the embassy has much better things to do than direct the administration of life-saving medicines. Sheer Gaulic obstinance!! Let the Aussies, UK and American embassies show 'em how it isn't done.  

Yes, I am not especially proud to be French, but for social things, it's not the worst country in the world ; for instance, because I have a low pension, I have a good discount for my health insurance, ( 3 years in the row, same amount of subscription ) 

even British people go to France to be treated 

I guess that it required "smart and caring" from the French  government to care for it citizens in countries who took refuge as expat in SE ASIA. I believe that all French senior citizen has a great blanket health care program -  not like in America with all their plan A, B,  C and   D - all with a lot of $$$$

The US has never extended Senior benefits overseas even in time of emergency. It is situation that needs to considered and offered to its citizens living overseas. 

US can't be dependent on local government to administer the vaccines  for the expat. when themselves have problem with the program.

The situation right now in Thailand is that most  expat are retirees, and with some kind of a health problem...they made their home in Thailand. they can't leave or they can't returned easily.

Would it be easier for the US (or other countries)  to offer the same program as the French?

6 minutes ago, the green light said:

Would it be easier for the US (or other countries)  to offer the same program as the French?

Strange for me, US has so much money, the richest and powerful country in the world, how they don't want to take care of their citizens ? 

Yes, we have a rather good insurance ( CFE ), in hospitals, even with the most expensive, we pay 20 % and there are discussion to have later  hospitals which accept the 100 % , so we don't pay anything , even cancer etc ...

I have a friend who had a prostate ablation a few years ago in Samitivej, he did'nt pay anyting 

6 minutes ago, the green light said:

you read the US response to provide vaccination to their US citizen in Thailand.

I would  say a lot "fake news and boilers plate response"  to cover their action.

First of all, the US embassy in Bangkok barely barely tolerate to perform service to the Expat. They do not like them because it does not add any value to them. They cater well people working for large American companies.

I assuming that the  J &J vaccines was administered to special privileging  US citizen living in Thailand like  the diplomatic corps, and essential people working for large corporation. It will impossible to imagine that they let these people be part of the local vaccination system and let  them leave their job, fly them home - quite expensive to fly them home and back. all that for fear of being sued.

For the rest of the US Expat.. the State department is saying "who cares"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fab5BKK said:

Sorry, you're wrong! I invite you to go to the French Embassy in Thailand website...

https://th.ambafrance.org/

Below, poster photo @ Bangkok Hospital (Bangkok) - photo taken on June 30 2021

Vaccination Poster R.jpg

Mine mistake in my original post I didn't clarify the location.  You reference is in French does me no good since I'm not French!  Second I guess your reference is to Bangkok noted Bangkok Hospital but my reference so have been for Pattaya, the private hospital here haven't seen or heard of the Johnson and Johnson being provide to the French as we speak so maybe I guess there aren't any French 55 or over here or they were made to travel to Bangkok to get it.  If wrong maybe someone French can let me know if the information I got from the hospital is wrong?

4 hours ago, no deal said:

i am french and i got vaccined whit other french in udon thani two week go

Good to know, in my original post I forgot to mention in Pattaya, the reference private hospital Doctor and Rep told me they haven't seen or heard of a program for the French as of July 9th, when I was there.  Maybe someone who has can tell me what I heard isn't true

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Good to know, in my original post I forgot to mention in Pattaya, the reference private hospital Doctor and Rep told me they haven't seen or heard of a program for the French as of July 9th, when I was there.  Maybe someone who has can tell me what I heard isn't true

well, you heard that they had not heard about it, and that part is probably true!

I can confirm that, yes, there has been a J&J vaccination campaign for French citizens above 55 years of age, it started 23rd of June if I remember well and was to last one week or ten days.

I think the Pattaya vaccination center was Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. Not sure about that either.

3 hours ago, Aforek said:

So many BS and fake news on Internet ! I received the Janssen jab on june 30 th in Bangkok ,  then the same day a certificate, and later by mail an official certificate with QCR code ( look at pictures above, there were signs everywhere in the BHP ) 

yes, French don't want it, they prefer Moderna and Pfizer, but I read somewhere  yesterday that  a professeur told that the studies about this vaccine and the Delta variant are very encouraging; I wait news again about this 

How do you know  it ofr Moderna and Pfizer ? I think all the thing costs ( and will cost for these two vaccines ) a lot of  money

No question if we pay taxes or not , to be vaccinated 

Sorry, I noticed my post and it left out the most important location and it isn't Bangkok but in Pattaya, the Doctor and Rep I spoke toJuly 9th, was in Pattaya and the answer I got was no J&J and no program for the French. My answer to my other question is that they don't have the Pfizer or Moderna either only Sinovac.

23 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Strange for me, US has so much money, the richest and powerful country in the world, how they don't want to take care of their citizens ? 

Yes, we have a rather good insurance ( CFE ), in hospitals, even with the most expensive, we pay 20 % and there are discussion to have later  hospitals which accept the 100 % , so we don't pay anything , even cancer etc ...

I have a friend who had a prostate ablation a few years ago in Samitivej, he did'nt pay anyting 

the CFE is only good for grandfathered plans that date back to better times when they still offered family coverage.

today, any new plan subscribed with them is as expensive as any other.

7 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Same with the American embassy, however I do get more timely information from the British embassy. With much gratitude I give thanks to the British embassy email this morning alerting me to register at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. About 15 minutes after I registered, I received a confirmation email with a time and date for my vaccination.

I am registered with the US embassy and also received my new passport last year. However I have not received any information, warning, alerts or useful info at all from the useless <deleted> there. Why are they actually in most countries, do they serve a real purpose?

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

well, you heard that they had not heard about it, and that part is probably true!

I can confirm that, yes, there has been a J&J vaccination campaign for French citizens above 55 years of age, it started 23rd of June if I remember well and was to last one week or ten days.

I think the Pattaya vaccination center was Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. Not sure about that either.

Yes since you mentioned the hospital I was there July 9th, spoke to my wife doctor and the chief of staff of the hospital the answer to my many question was have they started the program for the French,  no have J&J, no have pfizer or moderna you want Sino can get back of parking lot today.  I ask have they been vaccinated both said yes with the Sino but hope to get a booster with any of the three mention SOON!