French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 18 in Thailand

webfact

At least they do something, but for all of you who do not know, the only reason they do this is that these krap vaccine will be sent to Africa as NOBODY wants them in France ! and France has millions of them in stock !

In France people only accept moderna and pfizer or do not vaccinate, they have a brain there ! and still, many still refuse any vaccine !

so yes, embassy is better than many other countries, but still, they consider expats as african...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

42 minutes ago, club said:

Looks like I will be going home. No choice at this point. 

If you're from the US you can save a load of money and go to Guam. Still a PITA to get back into Thailand though. 
Personally, if I have to leave, that's it. I won't be returning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

On Thursday, the French Ambassador to Thailand, Thierry Mathou, announced that French nationals aged over 18 will soon be able to register for a free COVID-19 vaccination courtesy of the French Embassy in Bangkok.

I'm not French, but let me guess.  Elections are coming soon?  Oui?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaicookingchef said:

the problem is that you do not know how to read correctly, right ?

until now only people over 55 have been vaccinated by french embassy.

i know that this website is full of krap and useless fake news, but at least this one is correct !

How wrong you are (part 2) !

The French Embassy in Thailand doesn't vaccinate the French living in Thailand.

They procure the vaccines and organise the whole vaccination process.

Then, the vaccination is done by Bangkok Hospital (across 8 vaccination sites in Thailand)

Please stop posting nonsense

Edited by Fab5BKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Conflicting report but bravo for the French for taking the lead.  Conflicting the article indicate they have procure vaccine for their citizens over 55 years of age completed but talking to a doctor and representative for the group hospital above they haven't seen a drop of J&J for the French?

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Whilst the British embassy has still got it's thumb firmly up it's backside...

no i wish. they have complete contempt for us,try calling this scum up.good luck with that.i really think its time to hunt em down and kick their backsides,start at the british club on silom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

From what I had read, I thought they already vaccinated their citizens.  Makes some info in one of my posts inaccurate if this is true or is it they inoculated their older citizens already and are now lowering the age bar to 18 and older?

If you read the article you would have seen they vaccinated those 55 and over a few weeks ago, now they are vaccinating 18 and up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Same with the American embassy, however I do get more timely information from the British embassy. With much gratitude I give thanks to the British embassy email this morning alerting me to register at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. About 15 minutes after I registered, I received a confirmation email with a time and date for my vaccination.

Many thanks mate for your post. I went back to the old Intervac website and it has the link to MedPark hospital. I also registered and they have confirmed me for 8 August for free government over 60s vaccine. Which vaccine did you get?

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

How do France's vaccination numbers compare to the US and UK? How much surplus vaccine does France have compared to the US and UK? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to bet that the US and the UK are the two biggest vaccine hoarders out there. And these two pigs refuse to do anything like the French to help their people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

As things look they could have saved money giving us all a jab... might need an emergency evacuation flight in the future!

Agreed and with the Uk almost 100% jabbed  we will be treated like lepers, and will i come back probably not, so they can start paying my full pension there will be many benefits and i have nowhere to live, i will also be a burden to the NHS as for the past 8 years i have been self pay, Boris isn't to clever some can somebody explain the benefits to the Uk tax payer of a box of vaccines on the next plane.

59 minutes ago, connda said:

If you're from the US you can save a load of money and go to Guam. Still a PITA to get back into Thailand though. 
Personally, if I have to leave, that's it. I won't be returning.

I was actually going to the USA anyway for the holidays. Just would feel safer while traveling and get vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna now

• Like 1