French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 18 in Thailand

webfact

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

With what?

Sinovac <deleted>?

Id travel 400 km in heart beat for an mRNA vaccine.

Stay at a nice hotel.  Make it holiday!

Astra Zeneca. Khon Kaen would be nearest to me. Not much of a holiday. Anyway, as I said, vaccination available locally. You just have to look. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Astra Zeneca. Khon Kaen would be nearest to me. Not much of a holiday. Anyway, as I said, vaccination available locally. You just have to look. 

Hopefully something comes along, good luck and stay healthy.

21 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Conflicting report but bravo for the French for taking the lead.  Conflicting the article indicate they have procure vaccine for their citizens over 55 years of age completed but talking to a doctor and representative for the group hospital above they haven't seen a drop of J&J for the French?

Not correct, the French friends I have are all vaccinated.....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, connda said:

I'm not French, but let me guess.  Elections are coming soon?  Oui?

Yes, I mentioned this when the over 55 vaxes were coming. Macaroon ballot harvesting and he needs the young uns too! 

From Austrailian Embassy web page

Bangkok see below

Vaccinations available for Australian nationals in Thailand

The Thai Government is offering Australians the opportunity to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca at 1pm this Sunday 18 July at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).  Please note – this is SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue, not the Bang Sue train station.

Register via this link: Sunday 18 July: COVID-19 vaccine for Australians - Bang Sue, Bangkok

Let's see if they really offer moderna or pfizer later, but even for free I would not use any other vaccine !

it is so clear that they want to get rid of old stock that would have to be thrown away otherwise.

6 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Not correct, the French friends I have are all vaccinated.....

I been waiting and waiting can you confirm that your French friends got their vaccine in Pattaya at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital? A yes or no would greatly be appreciate!

30 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

...I was sent an email asking if I would be interested in receiving the J&J if for whatever reason they have some left.

Are you French ? if I understand, you can have Janssen now, with the second campaign; but if I were you, I would wait a few weeks, because the embassy says there will be a new campaign with Moderna and Pfizer 

they have discussion with a French organisation to do the job ( this time, it will not be with Bangkok hospital ) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I been waiting and waiting can you confirm that your French friends got their vaccine in Pattaya at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital? A yes or no would greatly be appreciate!

Confirmed, at least 4 people I know personally... 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:35 AM, candide said:

They have just announced on 13 July that they will do the same in Vietnam.

Oh ok, thanks for the info, I didn't know. But this shows that it is an initiative of the Ambassador of France in Thailand and not a group action of the Government.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, chilly07 said:

I did it via the Thai Intervac site when MedPark hospital had just been added but I have no idea which vaccine?

It's for the 60+ crowd and underlying conditions so I'm going to assume AZ. But hey... I was scheduled for AZ at PT2 hospital in June, but some nasty pig switched me to Sinovac garbage the day of and I walked out.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, bstafford214 said:

I am registered with the US embassy and also received my new passport last year. However I have not received any information, warning, alerts or useful info at all from the useless <deleted> there. Why are they actually in most countries, do they serve a real purpose?

I didn't receive an email from the US embassy until it was too late. Go figure...

On 7/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, rbkk said:

My E-mail delivery was logged at 9.05am (16th July) and the registration at the Board of Trade Thailand was only available until 11.00am (16th July)! I know, I know, I should be more grateful and it's the thought that counts and all that but a less than 2 hour window begs the question if there were any takers at all. As it wasn't until 11.20am that I checked my E-mail that option didn't apply to me; too late!

I was able to register through the BoT Thailand.

23 hours ago, Marsupienemi said:

Oh ok, thanks for the info, I didn't know. But this shows that it is an initiative of the Ambassador of France in Thailand and not a group action of the Government.

It is a government initiative. They also do exactly the same thing in South Africa, Lesotho... Covid-19 vaccination campaign in South Africa and Lesotho - French Embassy in South Africa | Ambassade de France en Afrique du Sud (ambafrance.org)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

Now French can walk freely without mask just as their brothers in EU that are too stupid to understand that vaccinated or not you need to wear a mask...

Where did you get this info??? In your dreams??