30% of arrivals denied entry to Phuket on Day 1 of new requirements

webfact

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Seems the Thai authorities are not accepting Sinovac jabs as being vaccinated against the virus 

As does most of the worlds authorities are not accepting Sinovac jabs as being vaccinated against the virus. I wouldn't... Would you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

It states they didn't have a "test result"...I assume that is PCR or a rapid antigen test. 

Perhaps people should try taking the rapid antigen test kit with them and take it on the spot.

See what they do then ????????????
However, more likely they want a PCR test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would have thought that a vaccination certificate , would have been proof that you had been vaccinated .

I read on another report that people arriving in Phuket were required to have had two vaccinations and at least one of them had to be something other than the Sino vaccine .

Two doses of the Sino vaccine wasn't acceptable 

Not only is vaccine apartheid coming, but for those who actually take the "official, authorized" shots, many will be discriminated against and shunned for being inoculated with the wrong brand of the three vaccines which are 'officially authorized' by Thailand as well as the WHO. 

"But, I've had two shots of the WHO and Thai FDA authorized Sinovac vaccines!"
Not good enough - stay out unclean person!

You can't make this up.  This is more entertaining than dystopian fiction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Well now the opening of the great international fly, domestic tourism including expats will not be able to enter Phuket, Kao Samui, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok unless vaccinated and with PCR or rapid test.

Great minds TAT

51 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Perhaps people should try taking the rapid antigen test kit with them and take it on the spot.

See what they do then ????????????
However, more likely they want a PCR test.

Rapid antigen test is accepted too, but not sure how one can print the result if they require it on paper on the spot ????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gearbox said:

This is simply not true, the majority of the countries accept Sinovac vaccination certificates, including many EU countries. Your world appears to be too small. Sinovac and Sinopharm are WHO approved, and as a result many countries included them in the approved list.

but not Phuket, it appears 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Most of them had been fully vaccinated but were unable to present a test result,”

So they are no longer offering rapid test upon entry at the bridge and airport for 600 baht? ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

This is simply not true, the majority of the countries accept Sinovac vaccination certificates, including many EU countries. 

Can we have a source? It is the forum rules to give a source when making such claims.

Or are you spreading misinformation again?

Edited by misterjames