Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Apparently, the Thai Government upon the initial Contractual agreements with AZ, only committed to 30% of the Vaccine being produced in the SB facility.

Due to the very small commitment on behalf of the Thai Government, AZ were forced to look elsewhere for customers in order to fully utilize the production Plant, and realise the viability of the whole project.

10 Million doses per Month was never an option, as AZ has other orders placed upon them that they have to commit too in SE Asia region.

Remember, the Vaccine is owned and marketed by AZ, and that SB are only the production facility, and nothing else.

This means of course that the Government is only still entitled to 30 % of the production ( about 5-6 Million Doses ) per Month of the AZ vaccine produced locally..

I am starting to wonder where all the AZ doses will come from to fulfill the  promise of the " Mix and Match  Vaccination " scheme that they have now undertaken.

Surely, there will still only be 5 - 6 Million Doses per Month from SB

This whole thing could get very interesting and possibly very messy.

I have also been wondering if they have done the math correctly. There seems to be a lot of sinovac for first doses, but less AZ for second doses. But only they have the figures to really know. One hopes they are using real figures rather than the ones they would like to see, but which arent real.

3 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Those figures for vaccinations are for Thailand in one day, aren't they? I think most of Phuket that wanted to be vaccinated - apart from some foreigners - have done so already.

You're absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong. Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Needing to do 550,000+ per day. Averaging under 300,000 per day, including weekends. A sure recipe for failure in meeting the government's own stated goal of fully vaccinating 70% of the population (50 million people, 100 million doses) by the end of the year.

And not really any indication that the government has firm plans to rectify the situation. No explanations of why it’s falling short, projections when it will catch up to target, no revised targets. Nothing. Just day after day falling further behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

COVID is really like a bad horror movie, when you think things are improving, boom a new variant and a new twist that put us all back 6 months ago

the UK and Israel are back into local lockdowns despite their 80% coverage,

Really? "put us all back 6 months ago"? Did you bother to check how many hospitalizations and deaths there were in Israel and the UK 6 months ago as compared to now? Such nonsense.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I agree, vaccinations save the lives of the vulnerable and reduce hospitalizations.....for now, when a new variant comes along a new vaccine will be found, the old ones will still offer some protection. I am not against vaccination, I have put my name down on a list at both private and government hospitals. I am against this degrading rush by thousands for a few hundred jabs, unless you are old with asthma, heart and/or lung problems you aren't likely to end up in a morgue.

If you are against a degrading rush, don’t do it. Nobody is asking you to do so afaik.

I personally agree with you, but if others wish to queue, or try to get allocations online by registering when some vaccines are reported as being available, then why shouldn’t they do so? I don’t think you or I have a say in what others choose to do.

what exactly is your point? That you are against what you term a “degrading rush” and so others shouldn’t do it, or something else?

but I am glad to see that you agree that vaccinations save lives and reduce hospitalizations. That is an important concept to understand. Also that current vaccines are not an end game. Science will continue to evolve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oops the cat is now out of the bag both literally and figuratively.  This will cause major ramifications amongst the Thai people, and could end up in the International media which will cause another black eye for this Government as it proves they have been dawdling and falsifying information given to the public.

When Siam BS and AZ contracted for the manufacturing of their vaccines in Thailand, it was known by both sides that Siam BS was the regional ASEAN and SE Asian hub for the manufacture of vaccines to be contractually distributed throughout ASEAN and SE Asian to those countries who placed orders with AstraZenaca. 
All the other countries who contracted with AZ are also experiencing 'cases' and also have vaccines shortages. 
This entire dog and pony show is a cluster-foxtrot experience bar-none.  AZ could have transferred technologies to manufacture it's vaccines to other countries but chose to toss their eggs in one velvet-and-gold-lined basket with a company that had no experience producing vaccines.  Who's fault's that?
Now if the Thai government decides to literally nationalize the distribution of AZ manufactured in Thailand and cut the supply to other countries?
Look out below.
It doesn't seem like AZ execs are the sharpest tacks in the corporate box.
But also in the long run, what corporations in their right minds will set up manufacturing sites in a country with the reputation of simply taking products that are being manufactured for export? 

I'm starting to wonder if at some point the EU or the US will need to help Thailand to order a massive amount of vaccines, sending them to Thailand. Here in Europe we have plenty of vaccines now so maybe with our intermediation they would get the vaccines they need. Same for Indonesia.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

Because millions live day by day. You could always donate some of your farang wealth to them so they can stay home and lock down. 

That's the whole point of having a government and a nation state, having the capacity to print baths to estimulate the economy and help those in need during the lockdown, having an army and police to deliver food to those in need and to control the measures... This is not rocket science, it's what most countries that controlled this did.

• Like 1

Just now, connda said:

The level of fear in this forum is spiking exponential.

It makes me wonder how a country like Sweden can manage to live day-to-day without the entire population wetting themselves in fear.  Yet they do.
Just watching this process is an education in human psychology and it's practical applications.  Never in my life had I expected to see anything like this.  But here it is.

I have family in the US who live in urban areas who are literally housebound in fear.  Although most of my family who live in rural areas of the US and here in Thailand seem to be rather unaffected by it all.  My wife and I are hardly affected by any of the craziness other than being force to wear masks in large stores.  So I don't get it.  I don't understand the almost irrational fear that I see all around.
Maybe not enough people have had the chance to live through at least one fire-fight in their lives. Or to be so close to explosions that you feel the ground lift.  That's scary.  It puts life in perspective.  But This?  <sigh; head-shake> 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Look at the rest of the world not many under 2 million cases and tens of thousands dying.

The worst is yet to come unless they implement a total lockdown, start sanitising streets particularly street markets (let's not forget where this virus supposedly started), get the people vaccinated and slowly monitor all lifting/easing of restrictions, with a view of re implementing them if necessary. 

But we all know this is never going to happen.

What they will rely on is herd immunity.

34 minutes ago, connda said:

My wife and I are hardly affected by any of the craziness other than being force to wear masks in large stores.  So I don't get it.  I don't understand the almost irrational fear that I see all around.

Don't worry or feel left out. If you live in an outlying province, there's a good chance COVID is coming to your area soon... if it isn't already there. It's not just a Bangkok problem anymore.  On Saturday, once again, all 77 of Thailand's provinces reported new cases, and most more than 10 for the day, with 16 provinces or so reporting more than 100 new cases just for the latest day:

818298585_Provinceschart.jpg.2c4f99fa32b65a602a17cb2c182cb81e.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/366607534957577/?type=3

2019708743_CovidRegionalCasesChart.jpg.a4b7f267346f0a1db5d15569b1d7fbbb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos

The above chart is my recap of how new COVID cases in Thailand have changed between yesterday and a week prior by region, using the daily province/region reports posted on the NBT website. Forty to sixty percent case growth in a single week in the North, Northeast and Eastern regions tells you how things are trending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

Just seen that the UK has for the first time since January had 50,000 cases in 24 hr period.

That's after some serious lengthy restrictions.

Thailand take note!

Yes, the UK had like five times as many daily cases, and only about one-third as many COVID deaths.

Thailand take note -- when you haven't vaccinated your population like the UK has, more and more people are going to end up dying.

• Like 2

Posts containing charts, graphics or data which did not contain a link to their source have been removed.

Replies to the above unsourced posts have been removed.

A post which typed text inside the quote box has been removed.

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sweden manages partly better because, while it is only little smaller than Thailand, its total population is similar to that of greater Bangkok. The national population density is 1:7 vv Thailand.

Swedes have more space, one kind of national immunity if you will? 

Not just that. Sweden has the highest percentage in the world of people who live alone. As I recall it's 38%.  So a lot less opportunities for transmission.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, connda said:

The level of fear in this forum is spiking exponential.

It makes me wonder how a country like Sweden can manage to live day-to-day without the entire population wetting themselves in fear.  Yet they do.
Just watching this process is an education in human psychology and it's practical applications.  Never in my life had I expected to see anything like this.  But here it is.

I left Thailand in April last year and went to Sweden, a move that I am very happy for after reading how things are now in Thailand. It was hard during the very cold winter months, some days was minus fifteen Celsius, but for me personal freedom is very important. Sweden has not locked down one single day so far and no crazy facemask rules when outside like most other countries in Europe. I have received two shots of Pfizer for free and there are only twenty Corvid patients in ICU care in the whole of the country now. 14.600 Swedes died from Corvid, less than Belgium with a similar population, and they locked down their country. The Swedish economy is doing great and life is like normal here. When this pandemic is over the Thai military "government" will face a <deleted>storm I believe, destroying a big percentage of the economy by creating a fear situation amongst the population. I really hope that they will be held responsible for the mess that they have created. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, albegood said:

You really think all that is necessary, that's absurd, none of this is necessary. a small percentage of People die from the rhino virus every year with millions of cases world wide, maybe hundreds of millions. The narrative is false.  

Check the figures or are you saying that it's a conspiracy between all the world leaders to leak misinformation? 

There's relatively a small number of people killed in shark attacks but you wouldn't dive into a shoal of them!

I hope you and your family are safe in your little rose tinted bubble.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I left Thailand in April last year and went to Sweden, a move that I am very happy for after reading how things are now in Thailand. It was hard during the very cold winter months, some days was minus fifteen Celsius, but for me personal freedom is very important. Sweden has not locked down one single day so far and no crazy facemask rules when outside like most other countries in Europe. I have received two shots of Pfizer for free and there are only twenty Corvid patients in ICU care in the whole of the country now. 14.600 Swedes died from Corvid, less than Belgium with a similar population, and they locked down their country. The Swedish economy is doing great and life is like normal here. When this pandemic is over the Thai military "government" will face a <deleted>storm I believe, destroying a big percentage of the economy by creating a fear situation amongst the population. I really hope that they will be held responsible for the mess that they have created. 

We are in the same boat here.  Cases are only a few hundred a day, no real restrictions at all.  Life is normal.  

2 shots vaccine here.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, the UK had like five times as many daily cases, and only about one-third as many COVID deaths.

Thailand take note -- when you haven't vaccinated your population like the UK has, more and more people are going to end up dying.

Not want to hijack this post but regarding the UK covid strategy , it is being heavily criticised by many medical chiefs  i.e. Monday is freedom day when most covid  restrictions are lifted at a time when daily cases are now hitting 50,000 . This is a calculated risk which is allowing for more deaths and the survival of the fittest , indeed it is the Herd Immunity tactic based on a high percentage of population vaccinations and I believe the last throw of the dice as the country has accrued huge debts during the covid crisis and will not wreck its economy again . 

Thailand has a different covid problem inasmuch only a small percentage of its population have received a reliable vaccine , the virus is rampant , little or no mitigation , a nationwide vaccine programme has not been planned nor has sufficient vaccines been procured and vaccination is too late now.  The country must go into a lockdown before it's too late and all travel banned with the exception of food supply vehicles , certain engineers , police  and medics . All household and financial bills to be put on hold . Government to provide free food stations.Thailand based foreign embassies to offer repatriation flights to their nationals and their partners ( no red tape or visa rules implied ) . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Not just that. Sweden has the highest percentage in the world of people who live alone. As I recall it's 38%.  So a lot less opportunities for transmission.

Not just that either - that's why I included the word partly.