Lazada merchants - I've now received 2 fake deliveries COD

scubascuba3

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

With reference to Lazada, you are choosing the wrong payment option. I think you have to choose something like Bank Transfer if you want to pay using your bank account. 

I vaguely remember seeing the same thing, but then chose the option that allowed me to pay using a bank account. 

Perhaps it's because you haven't entered your bank account details as a payment option in advance.

There are 2 options for paying with a bank account (maybe more but 2 i know of)

1 with the mobile app on the phone you enter 2x a code and your phone nr and the amount. I found it a hassle.

2 i activated my lazada wallet and its connected to my mobile app. So now i just say pay by wallet, i get transfered to an other page where i input my phone nr and a code and i get the payment details int he mobile app (that is what i like)

I never use COD I hate messing around with money, never been scammed and made 100's of buys from Lazada. Have been refunded through the wallet at times when things went wrong. I either let the money there or transfer to bank. Usually leave it there as i use lazada a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrasmussen said:

Getting money back when paying with credit card is very easy.

I think I've tried it all: wrong item, defective item, counterfeit item, item never received, item never shipped.

In all cases I just filed a complaint online, and in case they wanted the item back (sometimes they just let you keep it), printed out a return label and dropped it all off at the post office free of charge.

In every case, within one week the full amount was returned to my credit card.

As an added security, if for some reason it would be difficult to get my money back, I just can ask the credit card issuer to deal with it.

I've currently waited for 10 days for a credit card refund, could be 20 Lazada say, COD would have been better

• Like 1

Only ever use COD and have had a couple of problems with some sellers, so I have a list of who not to deal with. One of the issues that I had once was when I bought a black HP63 ink cartridge for my printer. The photo on the add was the ink jet cartridge box but what was delivered was the set up cartridge which is supplied with the printer and is much smaller than the correct cartridge and is marked "not for sale" on the packet, so I complained to the seller and informed him that it was theft to remove the ink from the printer carton and that I was contacting HP with photos of the sent packaging showing the ink cartridge and the sellers name and address. The seller was very quick to respond to that and sent the correct cartridge via express post. He did not want any trouble from HP because he would lose his dealership with them. I did contact HP because that scumbag would have just continued to rip people off.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've currently waited for 10 days for a credit card refund, could be 20 Lazada say, COD would have been better

I don't recall ever having to wait that long, but I guess it can vary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

There are 2 options for paying with a bank account (maybe more but 2 i know of)

1 with the mobile app on the phone you enter 2x a code and your phone nr and the amount. I found it a hassle.

2 i activated my lazada wallet and its connected to my mobile app. So now i just say pay by wallet, i get transfered to an other page where i input my phone nr and a code and i get the payment details int he mobile app (that is what i like)

I never use COD I hate messing around with money, never been scammed and made 100's of buys from Lazada. Have been refunded through the wallet at times when things went wrong. I either let the money there or transfer to bank. Usually leave it there as i use lazada a lot.

Was neither of those. Was just a simple option of choosing bank transfer(or similar). They then give you the necessary references that you need to enter using your On-line bank account. I signed in and entered the details in the way that they suggested and paid. Received a message that they had received my payment and that was it. No need for mobile banking or a wallet.

4 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

Must be a good business decision for them to offer a large variety of payment options as their customers obviously have different preferences. You prefer COD and online banking; I always pay with credit card.

I got rid of all my credit cards years ago.

If I want one in Thailand I have to deposit the amount of credit in a bank account as a deposit (they do pay interest). If I want 100,000 credit, I have to deposit that amount with the bank before they will issue me a credit card.

However Thais can easily get a CC.

2 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

post deleted

On 7/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Also told that Shoppee does not pay Seller until Buyer Acceptance of Product Delivery. Lazada passes Buyer Payment with Order to Seller at once so Seller can then do what they want.....delay, wrong products etc.....

As I buy from Lazada often and  sometimes the seller gives free gifts without telling you. This happen twice to me and I refused them twice as they were not the size of what I ordered. Even through they were free I didn't take them thinking they were some kind of gimmick. 

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Online banking is not even offered as an option to me - gray out unable select.  Or is it phone app banking you use?  Using CC now.  But would prefer online banking as with Shopee which years ago did have with Lazada.  

I use Kasikorn bank and online banking through my pc. The first time I wanted to pay Lazada talked me through setting up a bill payment account similar to my regular AIS and DTAC payments. That worked OK though a bit fiddley as I was a bit confused where to put which reference number. I did it again this morning and got it correct but the wrong amount.

KBank online stopped the transaction and highlighted the problem. I had missed 1 number. reloaded it, and did it again. The 6 figure security number came as a SMS, poked that in to confirm and it was done in less than 5 minutes.

47 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Was neither of those. Was just a simple option of choosing bank transfer(or similar). They then give you the necessary references that you need to enter using your On-line bank account. I signed in and entered the details in the way that they suggested and paid. Received a message that they had received my payment and that was it. No need for mobile banking or a wallet.

Yes there is also an option for the internet banking (not mobile app). I like the mobile app a bit more the wallet option is best as its the least hassle. All details get inputted in the app then and its real easy. No codes to copy and paste ect. But i guess it really depends on the person what you find best. I use kasikorn, might be different with other banks.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

in case 1, i ordered shorts COD, legit seller, bought from them previously, 800+ reviews, but out of stock, seller didn't cancel, after a few days, a package was being sent which turned out to be an envelop, i rejected it so no idea what was in side. Seller and Lazada haven't given an explanation.

In case 2, i ordered a bicycle from China COD, after about a week an envelop turns up, i reject, seller is unresponsive

Am I correct? You ordered two items separately, COD.  The delivery was not what was expected so you refused payment for both.

For me that would have been end of. Start again.

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Am I correct? You ordered two items separately, COD.  The delivery was not what was expected so you refused payment for both.

For me that would have been end of. Start again.

so for you not suspicious at all? no alarm bells ringing at all?

• Sad 1

Used Lazada many times, payed with Kasikorn bank card, never had any problems.  I try to use Thai sellers, but have used "shipped from overseas" a few times, all good, sad that people get shafted sometimes.

I'm sure my day will come.

• Like 1

I have had the same bad experience with lazada many times. On many occassions a small package containing some <deleted> worth about 5 baht would arrive. It happened so many times that I decided to stop using lazada.

Now I have started using lazada again . . .  but now I no longer pre pay . . . now I only use COD . . . and I no longer order anything from China . . . and I check feedback.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Apologies, I'm missing something here; if it is obvious from the packaging that the delivery isn't what you ordered, why pay?  Just reject it.

yeah you are missing something, of course easy to reject, sometimes i leave COD money with condo office so they would just pay

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Two different sellers, one in Thailand and one in China, both have sent a small envelope package rather than the items I wanted." 

I had the same experience. Instead of the product I got an envelope. I didn't accept the delivery. Good that it was COD. I complained at Lazada but the seller was not removed. Anyhow - he simply would have created a new account...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

"Two different sellers, one in Thailand and one in China, both have sent a small envelope package rather than the items I wanted." 

I had the same experience. Instead of the product I got an envelope. I didn't accept the delivery. Good that it was COD. I complained at Lazada but the seller was not removed. Anyhow - he simply would have created a new account...

Interesting, one seller is definitely legit with loads of sales so crazy to try that on, the seller from China not that surprising as not a lot of feedback, Lazada don't seem too excited about it which probably encourages sellers to try it

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting, one seller is definitely legit with loads of sales so crazy to try that on, the seller from China not that surprising as not a lot of feedback, Lazada don't seem too excited about it which probably encourages sellers to try it

But there was something that made me even more angry. Of course I posted my envelope experience in the product review. But it was never shown...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

But there was something that made me even more angry. Of course I posted my envelope experience in the product review. But it was never shown...

exactly correct, I had the same experience recently .... I mentioned the product was fine, however I needed a new power lead and the seller never reads their chat/communication live line.  

as you said,  Lazada don't bother to post the reviews on the site.

I gave up on Shopee & Lazada .....     just junk ... imo

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Both my orders were cancelled by sellers so I can't leave a review, if they'd received payment they couldn't cancel so it doesn't make much sense

On 7/17/2021 at 9:12 PM, scubascuba3 said:

They weren't unsolicited, i ordered from two sellers, one was out of stock, delay, then a weird envelope arrives expecting COD, seller apologised but didn't give an explanation nor did Lazada. I don't think hacking is anything to do with it

So you didn't prepay for the two items?

10 minutes ago, elgenon said:

So you didn't prepay for the two items?

Yes for one by credit card and no for the COD item. I know the answer now, both sellers were out of stock, the Lazada system obviously stops them cancelling unless they send something and buyer rejects, seller would refund if buyer pays COD, so no scam as such but sellers are trying to get round the system, i.e. they should have stock available per the system. Of course seller should tell buyer what is going on, but language and all that

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1