Lazada merchants - I've now received 2 fake deliveries COD

scubascuba3

14 minutes ago, thanadon324 said:

I have received an envelope from a Thai seller once. Inside the envelope, it had a piece of paper saying the item is out of stock and shipping will be delayed. I did receive the item a week and half later.

This is tactic they use to show that the item was shipped, but in reality its on back order. They send out the envelopes so the items shows as shipped on the lazada system, hence they won't have any rating deductions on their store front. Legitimate sellers will still ship your order.

I believe this is what's happening to you as well. 

You find this really okay to pay for an envelope and then hope for the best? 

The same if a seller asks you to send him a broken item directly to his address without the Lazada procedure. You might never hear anything again. 

On 7/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, Mickeymaus said:

You find this really okay to pay for an envelope and then hope for the best? 

The same if a seller asks you to send him a broken item directly to his address without the Lazada procedure. You might never hear anything again. 

I paid with a credit card not COD, I did message the seller and they replied promptly. I could wait a week or so wasn't in a hurry. Either way, I still have protection through my credit card and lazada if anything was to go wrong. The seller was a legitimate seller with a real store front. Yes shady practice but I didn't have anything to loose after doing a quick check on the seller.

Now if it was from China or seller with no real storefront, I would have taken a different route and raised the issue with Lazada right away.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes for one by credit card and no for the COD item. I know the answer now, both sellers were out of stock, the Lazada system obviously stops them cancelling unless they send something and buyer rejects, seller would refund if buyer pays COD, so no scam as such but sellers are trying to get round the system, i.e. they should have stock available per the system. Of course seller should tell buyer what is going on, but language and all that

Wow! A stooopid system. You just can't teach that. Thanks for the explanation.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, scubascuba3 said:

in case 1, i ordered shorts COD, legit seller, bought from them previously, 800+ reviews, but out of stock, seller didn't cancel, after a few days, a package was being sent which turned out to be an envelop, i rejected it so no idea what was in side. Seller and Lazada haven't given an explanation.

In case 2, i ordered a bicycle from China COD, after about a week an envelop turns up, i reject, seller is unresponsive

"...i rejected it so no idea what was in side".

"...an envelop turns up, i reject..."

So you actually have no idea whether they were "scams" or "frauds" as you suggested...

"must be some scam fraud going on"

On 7/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 7/19/2021 at 11:18 AM, bbko said:

I'm just curious why this is considered a scam, fraud and a fake delivery?  Sounds more like the wrong items were sent or mistakenly ordered, simply reject/return the items,  nothing nefarious going on.  

sounds like you don't understand what the problem is

Sounds more like you're making a problem, scam or fraud (to use your words) out of nothing bearing in mind that you weren't caused problems, scammed or defrauded.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:38 PM, chilly07 said:
On 7/19/2021 at 12:42 PM, nrasmussen said:

Good reason never to order anything COD. Then if someone shows up with a demand for money you will know it's a scam and can simply refuse receipt.

Much better than paying in advance! Try getting your money back if it goes pear shaped

Perhap you should try their refunds service before bashing it, or give specific details of why your refunds were so problematic. 

Most people report that they never have problems with refunds from Lazada or Shopee, I've had refunds from both, the Shopee refund to my bank account without even asking when a product couldn't be supplied because it turned out to be out of stock.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, robblok said:

I never use COD I hate messing around with money, never been scammed and made 100's of buys from Lazada. Have been refunded through the wallet at times when things went wrong. I either let the money there or transfer to bank. Usually leave it there as i use lazada a lot.

I second that.  Never had an issue with either of them.

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:47 PM, billd766 said:

If I want one in Thailand I have to deposit the amount of credit in a bank account as a deposit (they do pay interest). If I want 100,000 credit, I have to deposit that amount with the bank before they will issue me a credit card.

However Thais can easily get a CC.

That's what happens when you don't meet the bank's requirements for being issued a credit card, nothing to do with your not being a Thai as you seem to suggest!

• Confused 2

On 7/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, DefaultName said:

Apologies, I'm missing something here; if it is obvious from the packaging that the delivery isn't what you ordered, why pay?  Just reject it.

He did.  Twice.  But he insists it "must have been a scam or fraud" even though he was neither scammed or defrauded!  It's just the way some posters operate.

• Sad 1

On 7/20/2021 at 5:07 AM, scubascuba3 said:

yeah you are missing something, of course easy to reject, sometimes i leave COD money with condo office so they would just pay

That's you're choice to leave yourself open to, let's say, being disappointed, because you can't check the parcel yourself.   

On 7/20/2021 at 5:37 AM, Mickeymaus said:

I had the same experience. Instead of the product I got an envelope. I didn't accept the delivery. Good that it was COD. I complained at Lazada but the seller was not removed.

What did you complain about and why should the seller have been removed? 

If you didn't accept the item, you obviously weren't out of pocket but, more importantly, you had no idea what was in the parcel but, even so you demanded that the seller be removed.  For what?

37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sounds more like you're making a problem, scam or fraud (to use your words) out of nothing bearing in mind that you weren't caused problems, scammed or defrauded.

maybe try reading a thread and reading posts before making stupid comments

• Thanks 2

On 7/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, Mickeymaus said:

But there was something that made me even more angry. Of course I posted my envelope experience in the product review. But it was never shown...

You said that you rejected the delivery so how could you leave a product review?

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What did you complain about and why should the seller have been removed? 

If you didn't accept the item, you obviously weren't out of pocket but, more importantly, you had no idea what was in the parcel but, even so you demanded that the seller be removed.  For what?

Can you try to read the postings?! I didn't receive a parcel with the ordered product but just an envelope. But I see that you like such sellers for whatever strange reason and buyers that are complaining get on your nerves. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You said that you rejected the delivery so how could you leave a product review?

This is exactly the problem. Lazada gives you no opportunity to warn others and therefore such sellers can continue with such practices.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's what happens when you don't meet the bank's requirements for being issued a credit card, nothing to do with your not being a Thai as you seem to suggest!

Not correct. I have asked Kasikorn Bank on many occasions over the years, even when I was working and bringing in large amounts for a credit card and was refused every time. That has been my experience over the last 15 or so years.

YMMV

What the banks are concerned with is farangs running up big bills and then skipping the country leaving the cc unpaid.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...i rejected it so no idea what was in side".

"...an envelop turns up, i reject..."

So you actually have no idea whether they were "scams" or "frauds" as you suggested...

"must be some scam fraud going on"

you really want to know the truth about Lazada and Shopee....

It's 99% chinese junk

They are reluctant to get involved in any customer seller disputes

The sellers are not screened hence you get rubbish and scammers

The sellers advertise lies, misrepresentation of the products as has been confirmed thousands of times

I call a spade a spade, but these two companies I would call .......   well you know that answer .

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They sell the same items available anywhere else and often at the lowest price.  If you buy Chinese items they can be junk or first rate just as in other markets/stores.   Yes you may have to check closely and oversight is lacking - but you will find many venders are the same as running store front type shopping places and providing items nationwide rather than just in a few major cities.  I have used for years and suspect orders are well into 4 figures and junk very few (a handful or so - and all low priced items).  Much better results than a worldwide platform I made the mistake of using a few times.

The problem with Lazada you can't update your review after a few months+, i bought some cycling shorts, good initially, bought another pair, 8 months later totally falling apart. Rating on Lazada is 4.5+, if allowed to update, no doubt rating would be 3

• Like 2

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

you really want to know the truth about Lazada and Shopee....

It's 99% chinese junk

No, not from you, I don't and who put you in the position to make that proclamation?     If people want to buy advertised products who are you to disparage their decisions?  Get over yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not correct. I have asked Kasikorn Bank on many occasions over the years, even when I was working and bringing in large amounts for a credit card and was refused every time. That has been my experience over the last 15 or so years.

YMMV

What the banks are concerned with is farangs running up big bills and then skipping the country leaving the cc unpaid.

Exactly!   You said it yourself, you did not meet the bank's requirements to be issued a credit card!   If you had have done you would have got one.

When I got my first credit card in Thailand when I was working here, I was a foreigner who also had the possibility to "run up large debts on it and skip the country" just the the same as anyone else.    I was issued an unsecured Visa credit card.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

I had a package arrive, cod, addressed to me.   My girlfriend occasionally orders stuff and forgets to tell me.

I order a lot of stuff from lazada, but wasn't expecting anything, and the amount didn't seem familiar.

Stupidly, I paid....300 baht or so.

Opened the package, it was a cheap purse worth 100 baht.  Gf didn't order, and there was no legit shipping info on the package.   Never again.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:04 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

details from somewhere, perhaps a data breach

Perhaps anybody on the delivery side... obviously address but also phone number there..I have got a few dodgy texts form non number sources after a delivery.

Freaky Lazada transaction last week,

Ordered 2x aRGB PWM 120cm fans for my new computer @140bht each + 40bht post from China.

They arrived, but one fan didn't work, so I filled out the return, requested 140bht refund, dropped it off at 7/11.

Got about 5 emails, your return is being processed, will refund 160bht (OK they've decided to give me 1/2 post back). Three days later, the full amount is back in my Lazada wallet (320bht) ...... another 5 days for it to reach my BKB account.

Full refund, even though I kept one, I feel bad about the 1* review now.

Edited by BritManToo