Woman stabs her boyfriend to death at Pattaya area home allegedly in self defense

Jonathan Fairfield

S__18595866_0-1.jpeg

A young woman has reportedly stabbed her boyfriend to death at a house in Banglamung, part of the Pattaya area, early this morning. She told Banglamung police that her boyfriend tried to attack her after midnight (July 17th).

The Banglamung Police were notified of the incident shortly after midnight at a house in Eastern Pattaya, Nongprue.

Police, first responders, and The Pattaya News team arrived at a two-story townhouse to find Mr. Anuwat Ratchawong, 36, lying in front of the house bleeding heavily from multiple stab wounds.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/17/woman-stabs-her-boyfriend-to-death-at-pattaya-area-home-allegedly-in-self-defense/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 5

46 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

How can it be 'seld defence' when she stabbed him MULTIPLE times?  

Depends a bit, I mean if the guy kept attacking and do you think you will be clear headed right after the first stab. I mean if she really was being hit by him and chased then adrenaline is rushing and she could have stabbed a few times before she calms down. Then its absolutely justifyable.

Depends of course also if ways of exit were blocked ect. It can be self defense but the evidence has to prove it.

I too have been at the other end of a Thai woman with a knife so (first Thai wife) never again afterward i made better choices. So i know it could also just be an out of control woman.

The case just has to be investigated well.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I totally agree, it's certainly at the least manslaughter, possibly murder,  unless she can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he attacked her and she was defending herself, which here seems very unlikely.

That's wrong, you don't need to prove self-defense beyond reasonable doubt.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

I would be rather dubious of a claim of self defence if  ALL  the knife wounds were in the back, however,   even in civilized countries  a charge of at least manslaughter would be laid, it would be up to the jury hearing the case to decide on the claim of self defence, not the police.  Im sure many of you have knowledge of similar cases in your own countries, the police have no right or authority to decide on such a claim.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wprime said:

That's wrong, you don't need to prove self-defense beyond reasonable doubt.

Elements Of Self-Defence 

The elements of self-defence are established under section 248 of the Criminal Code Act Compilation Act 1913 which states:

(2) A harmful act done by a person is lawful if the act is done in self-defence under subsection (4);

(…)

(4) A person’s harmful act is done in self-defence if – 

The person believes the act is necessary to defend the person or another person from a harmful act, including a harmful act that is not imminent; and

The person’s harmful act is a reasonable response by the person in the circumstances as the person believes them to be; and

There are reasonable grounds for those beliefs. 

Who Has The Burden Of Proof?

In a trial, the burden is on the state to prove the charges before the court. When an accused raises self-defence, they bear an evidential burden of adducing evidence or pointing to prosecution evidence, capable of raising the issue of self-defence. 

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Ok I;m  curious,  how do you decide that any woman wont  stab you?

'My one is different' syndrome.

In reality women are mostly the  same and all likely to get stabby if you play the game wrong, but there's always that group of 'oneupman' guys trying to put you down by claiming their choices are superior to yours, and their women aren't sex workers like yours.

In general these guys are severely lacking in self confidence and self worth. they  need to put you down in order to feel better about themselves.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

How can it be 'seld defence' when she stabbed him MULTIPLE times?  

What difference does it make if it's one or several stab wounds. Maybe the first one didn't stop him so one or more had to be inflicted. Maybe it was a small knife that didn't do the business in one go. Plenty of reasons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rtco said:

What difference does it make if it's one or several stab wounds. Maybe the first one didn't stop him so one or more had to be inflicted. Maybe it was a small knife that didn't do the business in one go. Plenty of reasons.

Hopefully for your sake you never find yourself arguing with a Thai woman who has access to knives, your above comment is stupid beyond belief.

Have a look at Britmans photo, small knife?

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Did you not look at the photo's in the link? That's just lazy!

Here ya go .............. a good enough knife for any slasher movie IMHO.

S__18595863.jpg

Not a small one then!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
39 minutes ago, robblok said:

i made better choices.

Ok I;m  curious,  how do you decide that any woman wont  stab you?

Well,  that may not be possible.   But I am not known as a farang atm .  

I, my friends,  am referred to as a knight in shining armor. !

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1

very common thai on thai event. IF the woman is thai (not stated) no idea why this subject, reported of course in the main news, is appearing on this forum, as no Expat involved. never seen this type of article here, otherwise there would be one thousand subject OP every week...... or here because in expat area ? then post all similar hundreds of such deaths in Bangkok too......can the Moderators kindly explain relevance here ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

By not hanging out with crazy (ex) bar girls, and if a girl you date has signs of aggression and a bad temper look for an other. 

Two years ago I dated a girl who works for 3M.

Crazy and Psycho, but very intelligent.

The problem with leaving is that you don't really want to because sex is so great. 

We broke up 5 times in 2 months.

One night after her numerous hissy fits, I had enough and showed her text messages with the girl I was supposedly cheating on her. I blocked the line picture and screensaved the conversations like I liked jrkng u off in the cinema, did u like the bj in the car, my legs and my condo are always open for u.....

She screamed like a little b and threw me out, but it was her who sent me the texts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Two years ago I dated a girl who works for 3M.

Crazy and Psycho, but very intelligent.

The problem with leaving is that you don't really want to because sex is so great. 

We broke up 5 times in 2 months.

One night after her numerous hissy fits, I had enough and showed her text messages with the girl I was supposedly cheating on her. I blocked the line picture and screensaved the conversations like I liked jrkng u off in the cinema, did u like the bj in the car, my legs and my condo are always open for u.....

She screamed like a little b and threw me out, but it was her who sent me the texts.

Then you saw the signs but decided the sex was worth it. Your choice you saw it but ignored it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I blocked the line picture and screensaved the conversations like I liked jrkng u off in the cinema, did u like the bj in the car, my legs and my condo are always open for u.....

I lost track a bit .

Who sent you that message about liking being jerked off in a cinema ?

Was that from the GF or a new woman ?

• Like 1