Brilliant drone footage shows progress made in construction of Hua Hin’s new dual track rail line

webfact

1 hour ago, mwbrown said:

You're 100% wrong.  I explained the zone issues extensively in a previous post.

Please point me to this. I am seriously interested as I hold a drone licence and was informed by Thai Authorities of the drone restrictions within Hua Hin City and surrounding areas.     https://royalcoastreview.com/2019/08/hua-hin-is-a-no-drone-zone/

Happy to be wrong!

Edited by poosmate

22 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A real road to nowhere. Hua hin was grim before covid. Now it's pointless. Perhaps  in a generation  when there  is a pattern of wealth  creation and a Middle class is established Hua hin might have a reason to be.

It's just to fast track all  the Chinese in when it's finished

Edited by Knocker33
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 5:16 PM, Knocker33 said:

It's just to fast track all  the Chinese in when it's finished

Well it's better than them using diesel buses. And if they ever come back they bring with them massive money. IF They ever come back.

Edited by The Hammer2021

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well it's better than them using diesel buses. And if they ever come back they bring with them massive money. IF They ever come back.

But what else are they going to bring with them ? Money isn't everything

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

yes it's just the same tracks in a dual configuration. 

i have been watching the construction for years. some of it is only half new track and half old tracks. and same narrow gauge.   

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes it's just the same tracks in a dual configuration. 

i have been watching the construction for years. some of it is only half new track and half old tracks. and same narrow gauge.   

The “fastest ground vehicle in the world” has been launched in China: A bullet train that can hit 600km/h and “levitates” above the track.

yes the confusion about drones being legal is why i did not buy one. 

Richard Barrow flies his drone in many locations in Thailand. 

https://www.thailandfromabove.com/

i did read you need to apply for permission for each flight which seemed crazy to me. there is a size limitation. small drones are not "as restricted" sorry don't have a link. 

Edited by NCC1701A

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes the confusion about drones being legal is why i did not buy one. 

Richard Barrow flies his drone in many locations in Thailand. 

https://www.thailandfromabove.com/

i did read you need to apply for permission for each flight which seemed crazy to me. there is a size limitation. small drones are not "as restricted" sorry don't have a link. 

You only need to apply for a flight if you're entering a "soft" restricted zone where permission is automatically granted.  They just want to know that you are entering the area, and the drone is tied back to your passport.

In Thailand there is no size/weight issue: all camera-equipped drones are treated the same and you must get the two licenses and the insurance policy to be in compliance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, poosmate said:

Please point me to this. I am seriously interested as I hold a drone licence and was informed by Thai Authorities of the drone restrictions within Hua Hin City and surrounding areas.     https://royalcoastreview.com/2019/08/hua-hin-is-a-no-drone-zone/

Happy to be wrong!

Sure, here it is.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Ironically, I'm working with David from Royal Coast Review on some of my recent drone flights!  Points 1-3 in the article from 2019 are correct, #4 is not correct, or at least no longer correct.

27 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

Sure, here it is.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Ironically, I'm working with David from Royal Coast Review on some of my recent drone flights!  Points 1-3 in the article from 2019 are correct, #4 is not correct, or at least no longer correct.

I have studied caat  drone regs ,fly now app along with DJI safe fly and still cannot see how to fly within 9km of an airport.

I have a large area of land about 6km west of Hua Hin ( within 9km dark red no fly zone on app maps)and would love to be legally allowed to fly there. How can I be sure I am not breaking the 9km no fly zone? My DJI mini 2 only warns me and asks if I have correct permission. Again only asking so as to be able to enjoy flying without potential issues. If possible link to anything that allows flights within 9kms of an airfield or ways to obtain permission. Thank you.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, poosmate said:

I have studied caat  drone regs ,fly now app along with DJI safe fly and still cannot see how to fly within 9km of an airport.

I have a large area of land about 6km west of Hua Hin ( within 9km dark red no fly zone on app maps)and would love to be legally allowed to fly there. How can I be sure I am not breaking the 9km no fly zone? My DJI mini 2 only warns me and asks if I have correct permission. Again only asking so as to be able to enjoy flying without potential issues. If possible link to anything that allows flights within 9kms of an airfield or ways to obtain permission. Thank you.

I have exactly the same drone and app.  As I said above, you can go to the DJI web site and register for a certificate to enter the round zone around the airport, then it gets downloaded into the controller and the drone. 

https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock

Log in, then click + New Unlock Request.  Click Confirm.  Click Zone Unlocking then Confirm.  Select your previously-registered drone type, serial number and pilot from the dropdowns and click Next.  Move the map to Hua Hin and click on the blue circle labelled Authorization Zones: Hua Hin Airport.  Select your flight date and enter a reason to fly in the zone, then click Submit.  It will be automatically approved.

Power up the drone and controller.  I don't have them with me now, but there's a section of the app to load the approved certificate into the controller and drone.

When you're flying the app will pop up a message when you touch the perimeter of the zone, you click OK and then you can fly inside it.

There will be a second vocal warning when you get to the exclusion zone along the runway.  This is a hard zone and you should not fly into it.

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of the self unlock certificate ...Drone pilots with verified DJI accounts can self-unlock some areas if they have necessary approvals from local authorities,  full article..https://dronedj.com/2019/02/28/dji-geofencing-2-0-asia-pacific/

How do you get the appropriate permission to allow yourself to self unlock.

1 hour ago, mwbrown said:

I have exactly the same drone and app.  As I said above, you can go to the DJI web site and register for a certificate to enter the round zone around the airport, then it gets downloaded into the controller and the drone. 

https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock

Log in, then click + New Unlock Request.  Click Confirm.  Click Zone Unlocking then Confirm.  Select your previously-registered drone type, serial number and pilot from the dropdowns and click Next.  Move the map to Hua Hin and click on the blue circle labelled Authorization Zones: Hua Hin Airport.  Select your flight date and enter a reason to fly in the zone, then click Submit.  It will be automatically approved.

Power up the drone and controller.  I don't have them with me now, but there's a section of the app to load the approved certificate into the controller and drone.

When you're flying the app will pop up a message when you touch the perimeter of the zone, you click OK and then you can fly inside it.

There will be a second vocal warning when you get to the exclusion zone along the runway.  This is a hard zone and you should not fly into it.

Edited by poosmate

2 hours ago, poosmate said:

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of the self unlock certificate ...Drone pilots with verified DJI accounts can self-unlock some areas if they have necessary approvals from local authorities,  full article..https://dronedj.com/2019/02/28/dji-geofencing-2-0-asia-pacific/

How do you get the appropriate permission to allow yourself to self unlock.

Other than two two licenses and the insurance policy, there is no requirement to get permission to fly into authorization zones from any authorities.  Just go through the process on the web site and load it into the drone.  No need to overcomplicate.

https://www.dji.com/mobile/flyingtips/th

4 hours ago, mwbrown said:

Other than two two licenses and the insurance policy, there is no requirement to get permission to fly into authorization zones from any authorities.  Just go through the process on the web site and load it into the drone.  No need to overcomplicate.

The certificate is self issued by DJI the Chinese manufacturer of the drone...it does not give you permission to break Thai CAAT law.

Thai immigration warned me about flying in my land 6 kms west of Hua Hin saying it was illegal. 

I will end as I began Hua Hin City is a no fly zone according to immigration and CAAT laws.

You carry on believing you are ok but by self unlocking you are stating you have permission to fly....you do not.

I was hoping you had a legal way to  get permission to be able to fly within 9kms of the airport.

Not trying to be argumentative but do not want a big fine. Self unlocking will certificate you to fly above Hospitals, schools, Army camps, National Parks, and even The Grand Palace in Bangkok but will not give you permission!

Edited by poosmate

16 hours ago, poosmate said:

https://www.dji.com/mobile/flyingtips/th

The certificate is self issued by DJI the Chinese manufacturer of the drone...it does not give you permission to break Thai CAAT law.

Thai immigration warned me about flying in my land 6 kms west of Hua Hin saying it was illegal. 

I will end as I began Hua Hin City is a no fly zone according to immigration and CAAT laws.

You carry on believing you are ok but by self unlocking you are stating you have permission to fly....you do not.

I was hoping you had a legal way to  get permission to be able to fly within 9kms of the airport.

Not trying to be argumentative but do not want a big fine. Self unlocking will certificate you to fly above Hospitals, schools, Army camps, National Parks, and even The Grand Palace in Bangkok but will not give you permission!

I wouldn't trust Thai Immigration to give me advice on where I can fly a drone, as far as I could throw them.  They don't even know their own rules.

DJI follows the zoning data issued by the relevant aviation authority in every country around the world.

Of course you can fly where you decide to and I will do the same.

22 hours ago, mwbrown said:

DJI follows the zoning data issued by the relevant aviation authority in every country around the world.

Yes I agree. It shows you areas you are possibly restricted to fly according to their data.

It also advises all pilots to abide by local laws and be aware of them.

By choosing to ignore CAAT rules and fraudulently unlocking a restricted area that you do not have permission to fly in is breaking Thai CAAT law. This could result in stricter enforcement and more restrictions that ultimately affect all drone pilots in my view very selfish.

I too would not believe only immigration police but the CAAT rules/laws  state that  no flying within 9kms of an airfield without official permission.....and other regulations.

As you are so confident of your actions why not contact CAAT and confirm you are able to fly in Hua Hin city and share the good news that the law has been altered as many of us would love to be able to fly.

You did start out claiming your flights are legal and invited questions.

I have asked valid questions and supplied proof of Thai flying laws and also rules provided by DJI on correct usage of the self unlock feature.

Quite obvious to me you are flying illegally and have not demonstrated any proof to the contrary. Ignorance of a law is not an excuse but faking ignorance as you are doing is quite frankly stupid.