Man Who Escaped From Notorious Thai Jail Reveals How He Did It

Jonathan Fairfield

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 08.35.05.png

By Claire Reid

The only Westerner to ever escape from a notorious Thai prison has revealed that an umbrella was key to his success.

David McMillan, who was born in London, had a '40-year career' as a drug smuggler, which took him all around the world.

But an admitted 'career lowlight' was when he was sentenced to death by firing squad in Thailand after being convicted of trafficking heroin.

He was sent to the notorious maximum security Klong Prem Central prison in Bangkok, which houses up to 20,000 inmates across numerous buildings.

Full story:https://www.ladbible.com/community/interesting-man-who-escaped-from-notorious-thai-jail-reveals-how-he-did-it-20210719

-- Lad Bible 2021.07.25 

• Like 2

He wrote the original book years ago and has talked about it at length on his YT channel. Whatever the evils of drug smuggling a very intelligent and engaging character. David was to be extradited from the UK back to Thailand, think he was held in Wandsworth prison. Even though the death penalty was being held over him the UK decided he was being sent back, only a few years ago. At the last minute having won the legal battle the Thais dropped the case and did not peruse his return after all, That has never been explained as far as I know.

Edited by clivebaxter

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

there is an interview with him on yt, how he lived and how escaped - he had a lot of money to bribe prison guards, probably up to prison director. He has used a ladder. An umbrella was just to melt into a crowd

There was hours of it on Shaun Attwoods YT channel, but he got cancelled this week ????

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

don't talk your alcohol nonsense, the guy is a heroin trafficker .... he deserves the death penalty. 

My late friends ,Samantha and Conrad, decided to try pure heroin. To make matters worse - both had young children.

The felon sold deadly poison, so he deserved capital punishment.

26 minutes ago, steven100 said:

They should have gotten rid of him asap. 

Na that would have been a certain Thai in an Australian jail, our David is far more interesting. Talking about Bangkok prison entry at about 1 hour 24 mins

Life, Death & Escape in the Drug Wars: Studio Interviews with Shaun Attwood & David McMillan No. #2 - YouTube

Edited by clivebaxter

38 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

He wrote the original book years ago and has talked about it at length on his YT channel. Whatever the evils of drug smuggling a very intelligent and engaging character. David was to be extradited from the UK back to Thailand, think he was held in Wandsworth prison. Even though the death penalty was being held over him the UK decided he was being sent back, only a few years ago. At the last minute having won the legal battle the Thais dropped the case and did not peruse his return after all, That has never been explained as far as I know.

Nobody lost face, it seems familiar to you

35 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

So are tea and coffee.

Tea, coffee and alcohol are usually legal. Heroin isn't.

Yeah, that's kinda the point about the double standard.

Although, i never heard, "He was all effed up on Earl Grey (or Starbuck's) and crossed the white line and killed a whole family".

So I think tea and coffee don't belong in the same category as alcohol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I wonder if Lad Bible would be so keen to promote this convicted drug dealer's book, if he were a convicted pedophile.  Seems that peddling drugs that cause misery and death is OK to profit from.  Double standards here IMHO.

If there was a drug smuggler and a kiddie fiddler up against the wall, which one would you shoot first?

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Alcohol and tobacco are legal only because the governments can make a ton of money out of them on taxes.

Of course why else, i mean science says they are equally damaging as other drugs. So risk wise it makes no sense. Anyway I just post here because a lot of alcohol drinkers seem to have the idea touch drugs once your an addict but never seem to worry about becoming an alcoholic. I mean its th same thing as an addict and it just happens to a smal portion of users of all drugs. Alcohol is no better or worse then others. We had a fishing village in the Netherland hard workers no problems but they did a lot of cocaine. So how is that different then alcohol. They worked hard during the week blew of steam with coke in the weekends. As long as they did not harm anyone it was the same as alcohol.

• Like 1