Thailand reports 15,376 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're misreading the labels on the other chart, which is in TH language.

The 2.59 million figure isn't a vaccine doses number. It's a different kind of statistic.

The vaccine numbers in the blue color chart I posted above are correct.

And they basically match with the official numbers from yesterday's MoPH report as excerpted below, except for the added vaccines from Sunday:

Doses up thru Saturday:

Screenshot_2.jpg.19907f19a264d2718f3c46f860951110.jpg

Thank you for the clarification John.

If the original OP chart numbers are not  correct / misleading, why is it being posted ?

Surely some kind of explainer from them would be in order.

Keep up your excellent daily reports John.

They must be hard work for you to keep up to speed with - good Job.

• Like 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When the Bangkok region runs out of critical care hospital beds with the critical patient counts still rising every day, such as currently is the case, Houston has a problem.

When health authorities stop putting people in the hospital/or field hospital or hotelhospital or whatever names they come up with, when there is no need for them to be there, then things will look a lot different. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Thank you for the clarification John.

If the original OP chart numbers are not  correct / misleading, why is it being posted ?

The statistic in question I believe is correct. It's just not labeled in TH as a vaccinations number. It's an entirely different label of statistic.

Also, I didn't post the graphic you're asking about, so I can't speak to that...except for two comments.

1. A lot of the info that comes out of MoPH only comes in TH language with no EN language translations, which creates challenges for sharing the info in a forum like this.

2. Whenever I post TH language content from the government like that, I try to provide my own EN translations in the image itself or by way of text explanation, to avoid that kind of confusion.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't post the graphic you're asking about, so I can't speak to that...except for two comments.

1. A lot of the info that comes out of MoPH only comes in TH language with no EN language translations, which creates challenges for sharing the info in a forum like this.

2. Whenever I post TH language content from the government like that, I try to provide EN translations in the image itself or by way of text explanation, to avoid that kind of confusion.

The challenges must be immense, and this is where confusion reigns

From this day forward I will use only the MOPH numbers as being something like true

Many thanks again for all your reports, and the effort you put in to giving us a true picture of events during these uncertain times

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No COVID patients are being placed in the ICU or critical care wards who don't need to be there, based on the severity of their symptoms. So your point is meaningless in regards to the health care system being maxed out for being able to treat the rising swells of critical patients.

The fact a lot of COVID case have no or mild symptoms means nothing in terms of a society's ability (or inability) to care for the smaller portion who in fact are critically ill.

So according to your own stats, 4000 people filled up all hospital beds, fields, hotels and everything else turned into a hospital?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can see it in graph form here:

"Excess mortality is a more comprehensive measure of the total impact of the pandemic on deaths than the confirmed COVID-19 death count alone. It captures not only the confirmed deaths, but also COVID-19 deaths that were not correctly diagnosed and reported2 as well as deaths from other causes that are attributable to the overall crisis conditions." https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

data 26 july 3.png

I wonder if April 2020 reflects lower road deaths caused by the lockdown during that period?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

When health authorities stop putting people in the hospital/or field hospital or hotelhospital or whatever names they come up with, when there is no need for them to be there, then things will look a lot different. 

Are you suggesting that the government let people who test positive to just walk around?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

THAI VOLUNTEERS AID COVID PATIENTS IN NEED OF CARE, TESTING

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) — As Thailand‘s medical system struggles beneath a surge of coronavirus cases, ordinary people are helping to plug the gaps, risking their own health to bring care and supplies to often terrified, exhausted patients who’ve fallen through the cracks.

In the Samai area of Bangkok, Ekapob Laungprasert’s team heads out for another weekend on the front lines of a crisis.

His volunteer group, Samai Will Survive, has been working around the clock, responding to about a hundred SOS calls daily from desperate COVID-19 patients unable to get the help they need.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/07/26/thai-volunteers-aid-covid-patients-in-need-of-care-testing/

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Banglamung informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/26/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases-3/

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Banglamung informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/26/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases-3/

1. A risky career, meeting a lot of people, 47 cases

This one keeps going up!   Was 27 of these kind of cases yesterday.   The odds of catching covid for those farangs that are continuing to enjoy the services of girls must be getting shorter every single day in Pattaya - unless of course they are quick enough to only need less than a fleeting encounter with them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Loong Boon Mee said:

I had my first AZ jab in June. Like you I had a mild headache. I felt fatigued for a week after but now I feel as right as rain. Second AZ jab scheduled for the beginning of September.

My mild headache has turned into a cracking headache and I feel pretty ordinay. Not as bad as when I had my initial raft of injections for rabbies though. Stiil as I stated previously get two AZ and hopefully nxt yr an mRNA booster. 

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:

Since 1 April

483,815 people infected (+14 imported and +15,362 local)

4,052 dead +87

167,057 in care

4,289 in ICU and 967 on ventilators

6,782 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1419531342316924934

• Thanks 2