Thailand reports 15,376 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

COVID26.jpg
File photo: REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Monday (July 26) reported 15,376 new COVID-19 cases and 87 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 14,335 new infections

● 1041 prison / prison infections

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 512,678 with 4,146 deaths. 

(Total infections since April 1: 483,815)

The news comes as Zuellig Pharma, the sole distributor of Moderna vaccine in Thailand, has informed the Thai Red Cross Society (TRCS) that the company has already notified the manufacturer of the order for an additional five million doses, to be delivered next year.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-26

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

215366576_372993380985659_2705790697586635010_n.jpg

219205892_365959138376115_7204207804896581746_n.jpg

1 minute ago, smedly said:

it wouldn't surprise me that numbers are being filtered

with supposed capacity limit of 60k tests a day I do not see how these figures can go much higher

The numbers in the Graphic I saw @smedly appear to have come from the Chonburi graphic above, with columns removed by someone.  I need to do a better job of reviewing the actual graphic to ensure it is not a fabrication.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Earlier I was shown a graphic sheet that indicated todays numbers were 20,776 cases with 100 deaths.  I wonder what happened to that graphic and why the numbers now are lower, the graph I saw was at 6:45 am this morning.  One has to wonder if they removed it and adjusted the numbers accordingly and if the graphic I saw was including the 3k+ cases from the Phetchabun chicken factory.  Now I wish I has taken a screenshot of that graphic. I now wonder if it was a faked graphic.

I didn't see that kind of graphic. But, I was wondering about today's total, in that it presumably includes few if any of the Phetchabun chicken plant cases reported over the weekend. One of these days soon, I'd presume, there's going to be a big spike for a day or two as those cases get rolled into the national totals.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

The Thai National Taekwondo Team will arrive at Phuket International Airport at 09:25am by Singapore Airlines. They will be tested for COVID-19 before transferring to their hotel. They have to then stay on the island for at least 14 nights

#น้องเทนนิส #โอลิมปิกเกมส์ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419463296168562689

• Like 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't see that kind of graphic. But, I was wondering about today's total, in that it presumably includes few if any of the Phetchabun chicken plant cases reported over the weekend. Once of these days soon, I'd presume, there's going to be a big spike for a day or two as those cases get rolled into the national totals.

I wish I had taken a screen shot of it and kept it, my bad for not doing it.  After looking at the Chonburi Graphic I see the number I stated earlier in different spots and definitely someone created that graphic and now it has been removed.  On the other topic, I do not see the Phetchabun Factor numbers yet added and one wonders if they will be or if they will just be lost somewhere.  If you look at the totals for that province, they are well shy of the numbers spilled out yesterday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't see that kind of graphic. But, I was wondering about today's total, in that it presumably includes few if any of the Phetchabun chicken plant cases reported over the weekend. Once of these days soon, I'd presume, there's going to be a big spike for a day or two as those cases get rolled into the national totals.

don’t count your chickens before they hatch

you should not make plans that depend on something good happening before you know that it has actually happened:

Maybe they are following the above motto..
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

BBC reporting on excess deaths last two months

"One index that measures total mortality is The mortality rate of Thai people in May and June 2021 has increased by 12% and 17.5%, respectively, compared to the same month in the past five years."

https://www.bbc.com/thai/thailand-57920914

I can’t read the Thai. Is there any info on what the last five years average deaths were for May and June?

I’m trying to work out what the 12% and 17.5% might represent as an absolute number. So then I can compare it to the actual number of Covid deaths reported in May and June.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Earlier I was shown a graphic sheet that indicated todays numbers were 20,776 cases with 100 deaths.  I wonder what happened to that graphic and why the numbers now are lower, the graph I saw was at 6:45 am this morning.  One has to wonder if they removed it and adjusted the numbers accordingly and if the graphic I saw was including the 3k+ cases from the Phetchabun chicken factory.  Now I wish I has taken a screenshot of that graphic. I now wonder if it was a faked graphic.

Yes it will be very interesting to see Phetchabun case figures reported today.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Five million doses.  To be delivered.. next year.  

Now that bears repeating.  Next year.  

One might surmise that the bubble and seal until herd immunity method of containing the pandemic is the preferred option for the whole country.Good to see the numbers have stabilised.

• Haha 1