Thailand reports 15,376 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Definitely helps -Thanks.

It looks like Covid "may" have been having a larger impact in Thailand than what was being reported end of last year.

March - June this year look like the stand out months where excess deaths started to be apparent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Quite clever wording on his part. Decline from what number? Today’s case number? Or decline from the as yet unknown high point to be reached?

anyway, I can see his point. Either case numbers start falling in Bangkok in 4 weeks time, or the lockdown restrictions either aren’t working, or aren’t being followed, or both. In which case there is a bigger problem.

hopefully case numbers fall.

Haven't case numbers in Bangkok already started falling from the highs of previous weeks?

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Haven't case numbers in Bangkok already started falling from the highs of previous weeks?

--Bangkok province’s new case count of 2,700 on Sunday marked the second consecutive day of decline and remained below the province daily high of 3,191 cases earlier in July. However, the province, with 66 new deaths onSunday, now has passed the 2,000 deaths mark with 2,095 total.

• Thanks 1

Looks like there was no updated map from the MoPH today categorizing provinces based on the different ranges of case numbers, such as those with more than 100 cases.

So, by my count, Monday's update had 37 different provinces reporting more than 100 cases, and it would have been 38 (the same as the prior day) except that Chiang Mai missed being included in the 100+ group by one case, since it reported a total of 100.

Once again, there were two provinces reporting more than 1,000 cases for the day -- Bangkok with 2,573 and Samut Sakhon with 1,074.

• Like 1

I Just have to wonder about Bangkok numbers. 

Bang Na groups report LaSalle 46 where young monks 202 cluster positive.

Don't have link just stuff from gf groups which seem always on the money.

Surely can't be true. Anyone from that area comment.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Huh????

Did ThaiPBS boo-boo with their percentage number, or has the government changed its original goal, recognizing that it will never achieve 70% full vaccinations by year end?

"Dr. Apisamai, meanwhile, said that the Ministry of Public Health feels that mass vaccination, to achieve the target of inoculating 50% of country’s population, is proceeding quite slowly in the provinces and has instructed all provinces to accelerate the process."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/walk-in-vaccination-at-bangkoks-bang-sue-grand-station-to-end-on-july-31st/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Anyone obtaining the AZ jab at SCG Bang Sue for 60+ group. It's a 3 stage process.

First provide your details online. Simple.

Day or 2 later they send you appointment detail via email. 

Finally they send you SMS on evening prior to day of appointment. It's in Thai.

It's this screenshot that they want to see for jab. Just received mine few moments ago. Attached.

Screenshot_20210726-221117.png

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Huh????

Did ThaiPBS boo-boo with their percentage number, or has the government changed its original goal, recognizing that it will never achieve 70% full vaccinations by year end?

"Dr. Apisamai, meanwhile, said that the Ministry of Public Health feels that mass vaccination, to achieve the target of inoculating 50% of country’s population, is proceeding quite slowly in the provinces and has instructed all provinces to accelerate the process."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/walk-in-vaccination-at-bangkoks-bang-sue-grand-station-to-end-on-july-31st/

The government has another chart for the day updating the vaccination rates for Bangkok province alone.

According to the chart below, 56.24% of Bangkok's official 7.7 million population has received a first dose, but only 12.84% as of yesterday had received their second dose for full vaccination. Total vaccinations on Sunday for Bangkok was 76,247, for a cumulative total of 5.3 million doses since Feb. 28.

2021-07-26e.thumb.jpg.03d48c29b7a81b0de991413a6870c99d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/373324760952521

However, it's interesting that they're using a 7.7 million population figure for Bangkok, given that Wikipedia has entirely different and larger population figures:

Population
 (2010 census)[4]
 • City  -- 8,305,218
 • Estimate (2020)[5] -- 10,539,000

PS -  I went back and checked, and MoPH has been using that same 7.7 million population figure for Bangkok in all of their vaccination reports since the outset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Did you read the first link.

Many people are under the false assumption that once you’ve had covid-19 and recovered that you are immune from getting reinfected.

I see a lot of stuff posted by anti-vaxxers to the effect that herd immunity through fast track infections without lock downs or vaccines is the way to defeat COVID. They also cite studies suggesting immunity from infection is far more powerful that from vaccines and is likely to be longer lasting.  There are also studies that suggest the exact opposite.  Given that the anti-vax people have zero self doubt and tend ignore anything evidence that doesn't support their thesis, I am more inclined to go with the vaccine camp.  I also note that some anti-vaxxers in the US, including Fox News, are changing their stance.  One woman changed her mind after her unvacciated son died of COVID without getting the chance to build natural immunity. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Huh????

This is just PR, since she knows that they don't have enough vaccines to follow the instruction to speed up.  They slacked off at the weekend as usual.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Huh????

I seem to recall that MOPH might have its own target, that is different to the 100 million doses by the end of the year, which we see each day in a graphic  from Khaosod. Might be wrong.

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Huh????

the idea of prioritizing the over 60’s didn’t last long. Says here anyone over 18.

Vaccination services at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok will be provided to people over 18 years of age and those afflicted with any of the seven underlying diseases, who registered in advance, starting August 1st, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced today (Monday).”

19 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

the idea of prioritizing the over 60’s didn’t last long. Says here anyone over 18.

Vaccination services at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok will be provided to people over 18 years of age and those afflicted with any of the seven underlying diseases, who registered in advance, starting August 1st, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced today (Monday).”

As I mentioned in an earlier post, at least for the Bangkok region (BKK+5), they're planning to expand to the younger age groups at the beginning of August, which is a good thing. Not clear yet what that's going to mean for the ongoing status of the age 60 and up folks who have yet to be vaccinated for various reasons.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Well, it’s something……but:

1. I was at Central today. I took my daughter to the movies. It was so empty that I don’t think that I came within 5 meters of anyone, let alone 1 meter. Including my daughter and I, there were 3 people in the cinema. I didn’t feel any Covid pressure at all. I wonder if Jungceylon, Lotus’s, Big C are also included? There seems little point singling out only Central.

2. Let’s see how the market thing is implemented. If it is done at all, I give it a week. Who is going to monitor it? Or do they think people will stay 4 meter apart voluntarily?

3. I have no idea how much football and/or futsal is going on. I don’t see much tbh.

4. Group activities no more than 100 people. How many of those are there? My daughter went to her Muay Thai lesson tonight and she had a private lesson with one trainer. But there was a group lesson at the same time with 15 people. So well within the 100 limit. Even 50/60 people is quite a big group. if there are any of  100, it is massive. It seems like a limit that has no purpose.

I do however read into these restrictions that there IS a problem with cases, despite the lack of information that has been forth coming.

Agree, and the ridiculously selective action potentially only serves the purpose of indicating where the cases have been detected!

Edited by Rhacsyn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

All this talk about formulas to get the median, not just you but this is what calculators are for. https://www.calculators.org/math/mean-median-mode.php

you don't calculate median on the attributes but on the actual frequency, this is basic Stats 101

you don't use higher and lower band of an age group to calculate the median, that's like high school mistake ????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Anyone obtaining the AZ jab at SCG Bang Sue for 60+ group. It's a 3 stage process.

First provide your details online. Simple.

Day or 2 later they send you appointment detail via email. 

Finally they send you SMS on evening prior to day of appointment. It's in Thai.

It's this screenshot that they want to see for jab. Just received mine few moments ago. Attached.

Screenshot_20210726-221117.png

Are you slated to get your first shot there?  If so, do you know if it's going to be AZ or Sinovac?  And, did you get any choice as to vaccine when you registered or they chose for you?  Thanks!

Could this just be a weekend number issue, obviously the Phetchabun numbers are still missing.

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand saw +14,150 cases in the last 24 hours with +14,111 domestic cases. +118 more people have lost their lives. #thailand #โควิดวันนี้

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1419800966644129795

Edited by ThailandRyan

News this morning is full of sad news.  Suicides because they have Covid.  A family devastated with the Mother and a young child dying of Covid at home leaving only 2 young ones to fend for themselves.  The safety net has fallen and no matter what is being done it is either wrong or not enough to help people.  Where are social services, where are the safety nets, obviously there are none and I am truly starting to see that this Government does not give a feces. Tourism and the plans they are wasting money on at this point are not going to help, instead they need to spend money to help the populace in total not the few.  I am truly overwhelmed this morning and I can feel my old friend Mr. depression staring to settle in again.  Ugh.  The morning news can be so depressing.