Thailand's pandemic crisis: More cases in Isaan as vaccination among elderly fails to hit targets

webfact

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Thank god your not in charge of the country. We already got overflowing hospitals and you want to open the country up. ????

To compare Sweden and Thailand ????

Would be more likely to compare Thailand to India especially if you look at hospitals and population density. 

Im guessing your in somewhere like Bangkok, the centre of the universe ?

But up here in darkest Isaan , can you show me overflowig hospitals ?

spent most of yesterday trailing round different hospitals with Uncle, who had a possible snake bite and badly swollen hand and arm

Each hospitol and clinic was almost empty, with a maximum of 4 people inside to see

Even the large main hospital in town, at 6pm, was alamost closed, most lights out, and only 3 people in A and E

Same this morning maybe 5 people in manin part, the wards not even half full, with staff sat playing on their phones 

So certainly NOT overflowing 

No description available.

1 hour ago, IraqRon said:

well, if the old folks don't want vaccine then so be it,  tired of all the vaccine naysayers, etc. being catered to.  Let them stew in their own juices I say.  Most countries have an over abundance ot the aged anyway.

53073EBA-F431-497F-81A3-559EA34583B4.jpeg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Spent the day at the main hospital with uncle

Very very quiet inside and out

Morer staff than patients , most of whom seem to be on their phones

BUT, one surpirse was  waiting for the lift to go back to the ward

as i entered, was joined by 2 staff, both dressed in full hazmat gear and a patient on a trolley

They leave the lift at the same floor, and then to my surprise, they wheel the covid patient through the normal ward, then through some doors into what has become the isolation ward for covid patients

Why on earth would anyone transport infected people through the lifts and wards that the public, and sick people use  ???

Definitely not a good plan.

These government hospitals/clinics in Issan aren't suited for anything more than a runny nose or sprained ankle.

Its going to be worse than those pictures in India.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Im guessing your in somewhere like Bangkok, the centre of the universe ?

spent most of yesterday trailing round different hospitals with Uncle, who had a possible snake bite and badly swollen hand and arm

Each hospitol and clinic was almost empty, with a maximum of 4 people inside to see

Even the large main hospital in town, at 6pm, was alamost closed, most lights out, and only 3 people in A and E

Same this morning maybe 5 people in manin part, the wards not even half full, with staff sat playing on their phones 

So certainly NOT overflowing 

No description available.

That is called anecdotal evidence, in the newspapers it says that even the provinces are now having trouble handling it. So maybe your place is an exception. I tend to trust newspapers more then random remarks of posters. While im sure your right this is probably an exception as the i assume the newspapers.

Anyway given your cartoons i have as much fate in you as the next tinfoil hat  guy. So have fun and keep on drinking the cool aid.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Spent the day at the main hospital with uncle

Very very quiet inside and out

Morer staff than patients , most of whom seem to be on their phones

BUT, one surpirse was  waiting for the lift to go back to the ward

as i entered, was joined by 2 staff, both dressed in full hazmat gear and a patient on a trolley

They leave the lift at the same floor, and then to my surprise, they wheel the covid patient through the normal ward, then through some doors into what has become the isolation ward for covid patients

Why on earth would anyone transport infected people through the lifts and wards that the public, and sick people use  ???

I have visited several hospitals, government and private, in Thailand, and noticed same thing many times. There are water dispensers available, but some weird reason only couple cups or mugs on the top of machines, and they are already used. Witnessed couple times when someone actually drinked water using those cups and mugs. Haven't been to Thailand for years, so I don't know current situation.

• Like 2

My wife had her first dose of Sinovac last week and I was included but I decided against it.

People in my village, 40kms from Yasothon, are happy to get any Vax.

The village Vax registration was done 2 months or so ago.

My wife has an appointment for the second dose on the 16 August.

• Like 1

"fails to hit targets"

Some targets of some ministers are certainly met; in Nong Khai they note you down for appointments but when rocking up there is always and everywhere the same standard reply of "no have" and "no, we do not have a clue, when we shall have vaccination doses again". 

So much to who targets what for who! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Joinaman said:

I think some of the places you visited and refer to as hospitals are just the generic official looking government clinics scattered throughout the villages. These only provide basic services and will not accept potential covid patients so they're not a good example of what is happening in hospitals. As for the main hospital in town that sounds right that its quiet at 6pm. Around here transfer of infected patients mainly takes place during the day using village emergency vehicles. I do agree that the hospitals are not yet overrun with Covid patients but Bangkok just started encouraging the infected to return home to Issan offering to foot the bill for transportation. In our village we already had a few infected construction workers arrive. Give it a few weeks and then see if things take a major turn for the worse.

As for vaccinations they are still unavailable even for the health care workers throughout the villages here who have the task of trying to keep track of the infected. I personally assume that I'm on my own, no vaccination available in the near future and if I do get infected to the point I'd require hospitalization I have little hope there will be an available bed for me in a hospital. Somewhat of a calculated risk as there was a good window of opportunity to fly home to the US for a visit and vaccinations but I didn't want the hassle of quarantine when returning here or return might become impossible again. I think that window is now closed for me, just making the trip I'd stand a greater chance of getting infected than by just laying low here.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Habbo said:

I have visited several hospitals, government and private, in Thailand, and noticed same thing many times. There are water dispensers available, but some weird reason only couple cups or mugs on the top of machines, and they are already used. Witnessed couple times when someone actually drinked water using those cups and mugs. Haven't been to Thailand for years, so I don't know current situation.

When I go to the hospital (rarely) I always take my own bottle with me.

20 hours ago, connda said:

With an 80% asymtomatic rate - perhaps it's time open up the country and let the chips fall where they may. Sort of like Sweden where contrary to popular believe, the entire population didn't die.  Instead, their economy is still functioning and Covid is being handled like a season viral flu. 

That is what it will come to worldwide, the economies    cant take this much hammering.

17 hours ago, robblok said:

That is called anecdotal evidence, in the newspapers it says that even the provinces are now having trouble handling it. So maybe your place is an exception. I tend to trust newspapers more then random remarks of posters. While im sure your right this is probably an exception as the i assume the newspapers.

Anyway given your cartoons i have as much fate in you as the next tinfoil hat  guy. So have fun and keep on drinking the cool aid.

Had a broken wrist operated on in Aek Udon Hospital in Udon Thani recently. I was the only person on the floor of the hospital and the lobby looked just like that photo for the 2 weeks I was getting my dressings changed. Or is that also anecdotal evidence?

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 8:23 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Today the daughter put me (using pink card) on a list for the elderly at the tessaban for AZ vaccination.

No idea when it will materialize.

Why was I skeptic about AZ vaccination?

Until this morning the talk was firm and tomorrow 10 AM is the schedule.

About 9 AM today the daughter comes with questionnaire and it will be Sinovac!

Taken for a ride. Cancel!

I hope that Medpark Bangkok will work in two weeks.

Edited by KhunBENQ

And another twist :crazy:

As described in a brand new thread:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1225751-vaccines-for-foreigners-those-living-upcountry-to-get-sinovac-first/

They will give a second jab with AZ about four weeks later.

Daughter promises that this will happen here too.

"ching ching" (sure).

So I will let it happen tomorrow.

Edited by KhunBENQ