Printer Repair Or Service

Steve2UK

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a specific outfit in Computer Plaza, Panthip etc that can take a look at my Canon printer? After 2 years of faultless performance, it now seems to have decided that at least one cartridge is not installed - even though I'm using genuine Canon cartridges (amazing, I know :o ).

This is a fairly high-end A3-capable model, so it should have plenty of life left in it - and I don't want the guys in the shop just trying to sell me a new one unless 100% necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Hey Steeeve

I have had a couple things done with printers int he last couple yrs at Panthip plaza. I've had one fixed, then when I upgraded I got the well system put into my new printer so I can print tons of stuff without replacing cartridges. The guys in Panthip are great. I forget the name of the place, but if you park in the garage below, and go up the stairs that are closest the entrance to the parking garage(not the stairs that lead to Fuji at the opposite end), the place is just to the right of the stairs, and opp the bank office- I forget what bank too! But I do know the guys there have seen it all, and are pretty quick and efficient. If you have things they can't handle, or if their work comes to nothing, they have no trouble telling you it's time to goto the manufacturer and not trying to charge you for their attempts at repair. Their English is pretty good too.

Good luck.

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a specific outfit in Computer Plaza, Panthip etc that can take a look at my Canon printer? After 2 years of faultless performance, it now seems to have decided that at least one cartridge is not installed - even though I'm using genuine Canon cartridges (amazing, I know :o ).

This is a fairly high-end A3-capable model, so it should have plenty of life left in it - and I don't want the guys in the shop just trying to sell me a new one unless 100% necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

As you have a high end Cannon printer I assume you would prefer a proper repair. An official Cannon agent (so they say and I believe them!!) is the first shop on your right as you enter Computer Plaza. I only ever used Cannon printers and had to use this agent twice. Well pleased on both occasions, good info (no bull****), confirmation phone calls (in good English) before repair carried out, reasonable price etc. Highly recommended.

Many thanks for the detailed info and recommendations, guys. On balance, I think scottishjohn's right and I should go with a Canon agent in this case. Since I posted, I've continued trying all the maintenance routines and general cleaning/sorting I can think of (including downloading a driver update) - and still no joy because the printer seems to have decided that it doesn't have any ink cartridges in it!

I'll post again when I get the result from the guys at Computer Plaza.

Hey Steeeve

I have had a couple things done with printers int he last couple yrs at Panthip plaza. I've had one fixed, then when I upgraded I got the well system put into my new printer so I can print tons of stuff without replacing cartridges. The guys in Panthip are great. I forget the name of the place, but if you park in the garage below, and go up the stairs that are closest the entrance to the parking garage(not the stairs that lead to Fuji at the opposite end), the place is just to the right of the stairs, and opp the bank office- I forget what bank too! But I do know the guys there have seen it all, and are pretty quick and efficient. If you have things they can't handle, or if their work comes to nothing, they have no trouble telling you it's time to goto the manufacturer and not trying to charge you for their attempts at repair. Their English is pretty good too.

Good luck.

Can you shed some more light on the well system Real? I have a Canon and it prints well but I go through dozens of cartridges and object paying the ridiculous prices they charge. It explains why the printers are so cheap.

Can you convert any printer?

Thanks

MB

Well, the trip to Computer Plaza didn't quite do the biz. Whether or not they are Canon agents, they weren't a whole lot of help first-hand - basically just telling me "your ink cartridge broken" (unlikely since they were working fine before) and a lot of "mai dai" (nothing we can do). They did refer me to the Canon service centre on Mahidol Road. Having got there, 10 minutes and 1,560 baht later my printer was working fine - the black ink printer head unit had worn out and needed to be replaced. At least I got a "free" 330 baht black ink cartidge with the new printer head unit - which brings me to the same question that miltonbentley asked............ I, too, would love to know more about the well system so as to avoid paying through the nose for cartridges in the future.