Twelve people arrested at Pattaya underground bar for allegedly drinking alcohol and violating Covid-19 measurements

snoop1130

don't confuse lack of reporting of cases because of no testing with the absence of the virus spreading,

it was spreading like everywhere else in the world, Thailand was in complete denial of the situation then

and they still are now with the vaccination program,

Edited by GrandPapillon

It doesn't really matter what you think of the law.  Neither does it matter if you think its being applied unfairly, compare it to crowds at Bang Sue or any other reason you might object to this situation.  Its not our country and we have to obey the laws no matter what we think of them.

Is it so different in your home country?  I know that if a foreigner does anything wrong in the UK its somehow looked upon as being worse than if it was done by a Brit.  Why should Thailand be any different?

Anybody who doesn't like the laws, regarding Covid or otherwise has a choice - nobody's forcing you to stay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

no more selfish than those who would expect others to make sacrifice for them,

staying home alone is not helping, and drinking with friends is not changing the big picture either

you guys need to start to take a grab of reality, all these measures don't work, we know that for sure now

These "measures" have never had the backing of everyone.

14 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

indeed logic get lost in stupidity, that is believing that lockdowns or limiting people drinking or meeting is going to change anything.

How did that work so far? ????

It is believed to have saved many many lives.... although it is a sense of kicking the can down the road (until vaccinations can have an impact).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Is it so different in your home country?  I know that if a foreigner does anything wrong in the UK its somehow looked upon as being worse than if it was done by a Brit.  Why should Thailand be any different?

Anybody who doesn't like the laws, regarding Covid or otherwise has a choice - nobody's forcing you to stay.

Agree, in my country (USA) news of a foreigner committing a crime seems to anger many with the "How dare they come to my country and break the laws", it's no different here in Thailand.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is believed to have saved many many lives.... although it is a sense of kicking the can down the road (until vaccinations can have an impact).

yeah, that's the key word here: "it is believed"

lockdowns are based on faith, nothing else, faith that it can magically work and the virus will obey the government lockdowns ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

lockdowns are based on faith, nothing else, faith that it can magically work and the virus will obey the government lockdowns ????

Naive.......

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 8:15 PM, Kevin Taylor said:

Any minute now the usual mob will start posting comments of lock them up and obey the rules or some such nonsense.

it's the law  .....  to help prevent virus transmission.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, GrandPapillon said:

If you stop people from social contact, you also stop the virus from social contact, thus, spreading.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If you stop people from social contact, you also stop the virus from social contact, thus, spreading.  

right, how did it work so far? ???? that's right it didn't, you can stop people from interacting with each other

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bbko said:

Long term solution? Of course not, but used in conjunction with a robust vaccination program, lives will be saved.  The sticking point here and in many other parts of the world is getting people vaccinated.  

Until then, social distancing is a sneeze guard solution on a potentially deadly virus, following the rules helps fellow humans, now is not the time for selfishness.

I concur.  

10 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

it doesn't reduce the spread, it just slows it down, just to catch up later, why do you think we have all these waves

anyway, not a long term solution

No one says lockdowns are a permanent solution.

But slowing down the spread keeps the hospital system from crashing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No one says lockdowns are a permanent solution.

But slowing down the spread keeps the hospital system from crashing.

absolutely, but at what cost? we are not working for hospitals, so why should we pay with our freedom those hospital beds

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Long term solution? Of course not, but used in conjunction with a robust vaccination program, lives will be saved.  The sticking point here and in many other parts of the world is getting people vaccinated.  

Until then, social distancing is a sneeze guard solution on a potentially deadly virus, following the rules helps fellow humans, now is not the time for selfishness.

if social distancing had worked, we would know by now. Obviously it didn't. The vaccine is the only solution.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Wrong.  

It has worked, and does work, that's why governments all around the world implement it. 

It's saved millions of live over the last 18 months.  

well, I guess we have a different opinion on what "works" mean ????

we didn't save millions, we just spread the number of deaths on a different time scale so we didn't look completely foolish in front of the virus, basically saving face ????

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

we are not working for hospitals, so why should we pay with our freedom those hospital beds

Let me guess, you're a contrarian,

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

so why should we pay with our freedom those hospital beds

So you see these legit attempts to slow down the virus that's killed millions worldwide as an infringement on your freedom?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

absolutely, but at what cost? we are not working for hospitals, so why should we pay with our freedom those hospital beds

And here it appears...... a selfishness.

We are not working for hospitals but they have to work for you, I see!

The system does not show us what is going on in the hospitals... for a few reasons. It is high contagion risk to go in there, and likely it would cause panic. I recall catching reports from Sky News who went into hospitals to show us what was going on....once early in the pandemic in Italy (Bergamo region), another mid pandemic in the UK, and more recently Delhi, India. (Some from the USA too I believe), I rather think we have been presented with a sanitized view of this pandemic... with over 4,000,000 dead there are horror stories out there that might help doubters see reality. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

What have hospitals ever done for us?

44D9DCFB-A842-43D1-9345-AF8E54B05658.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And here it appears...... a selfishness.

We are not working for hospitals but they have to work for you, I see!

you don't take an entire population as hostage and make them pay with their freedom because governments can't scale hospitals, or are unable to find solutions for a pandemic

let people be responsible for themselves, if they want to isolate themselves, let them they do, if they want to meet and drink, let them take the risks. It's really that simple.

but as usual, it's too easy for authorities to "become useful" with the worst possible solutions when there is a direct threat to society (remember terrorism, another angle to take away our freedom that the terrorists wanted to take away anyway ???? right)

the irony will be lost as usual on a scared population, full of cowards ????

• Sad 1