Twelve people arrested at Pattaya underground bar for allegedly drinking alcohol and violating Covid-19 measurements

snoop1130

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

I know that it seems to be a requirement of forum membership to be totally unable to see life from the viewpoint of any situation other than your own, but it's all very easy to judge people who do these things.

It's all very well if you're living in a content environment with somebody or have a family or friends nearby to socialize at home with... I imagine that in that case lockdowns are little more than a temporary annoyance. If you're by yourself then the feeling of loneliness can be excruciating . At least when restaurants were open for dine-in you could have some interaction with people when going out to eat, but when that gets taken away you're left to sit at home all day bar the odd trip to the supermarket. We're not solitary creatures. We need social interaction.

Not to mention people who are living in an unhappy partnership/family situation. That must be just as bad or probably even worse.

Now I don't go to these gatherings, because I don't fancy the associated risks, but I can understand why others might feel the need to do so.

Agree, the food court/upstairs coffee shop at the Big C on Pattaya Klang is a prime example of expats need to socialize, pre lock down days there'd be dozens and dozens of older expats in no rush to leave, chit chatting with fellow expats.  I understand the need to socialize, but it's no excuse to break the law.

Anyone know what kind of penalty these bar/restaurant owners receive for hosting these illegal get-togethers?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

Agree, the food court/upstairs coffee shop at the Big C on Pattaya Klang is a prime example of expats need to socialize, pre lock down days there'd be dozens and dozens of older expats in no rush to leave, chit chatting with fellow expats.  I understand the need to socialize, but it's no excuse to break the law.

Anyone know what kind of penalty these bar/restaurant owners receive for hosting these illegal get-togethers?

Depends who you know i guess

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I truly believe some of these people have mental problems.

They have to be in a group or party situation or else they think they have no life or are missing something.

Hey, just stay home and drink a beer and watch TV for a few weeks it won't kill you.

Once people are in lockdown they stay there untill the risk has passed. We're talking months, not weeks.

Actually I expect the government to find some excuse to lift the lockdown before then whether the figures improve or not. It's that or give people money.

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I truly believe some of these people have mental problems.

They have to be in a group or party situation or else they think they have no life or are missing something.

Hey, just stay home and drink a beer and watch TV for a few weeks it won't kill you.

Staying home watching tv and drinking beer will take years off your life.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Their choice, Most of us want our own choice back again. Sorry about your friends but tell me were they in the so called at risk categories or were they healthy people with no other health problems.

Not their choice people like that spread it to others making all of us having to stay locked down longer as cases keep growing. Utterly selfish. I hope they change the rules and foreigners that get out like that get deported. Maybe then they will stop being stupid. 

Seems the rules are not tough enough because they break them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Any minute now the usual mob will start posting comments of lock them up and obey the rules or some such nonsense.

Only beaten into #1 position by those who say let them go free they weren't doing any harm mob !!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

....... it's been nearly 16 months now ........ that's more than a few weeks.

But right from the start, March 2020, they always say only a few weeks.

How often does the lie need to be repeated and proven wrong before people realize the restrictions will never end?

No its not a few weeks and its quite anoying that is for sure. Gets to all of us.

But no lies have been told nobody ever said a lockdown would stop covid. It will slow the spread so hospitals can cope. Not sure if you follow the news but hospitals have been getting in trouble more and more and now they are denying certain people care because of their low survival chance. So triage already. That is a clear sign of hospitals at breaking points. Dead bodies on the street people waiting for help. Hospitals cant cope.

But no these selfish buggers by going out keep spreading the virus and keep prolonging the lock downs. Hospitals under even more stress. Sure you can blame the government too for not having the vaccines. But this is how it is and people should really follow the rules. Maybe should start deporting foreigners after the second offence or so. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not their choice people like that spread it to others making all of us having to stay locked down longer as cases keep growing. Utterly selfish. I hope they change the rules and foreigners that get out like that get deported. Maybe then they will stop being stupid. 

I always say the rules are flexible prisons are full of people who break them rules

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Or I think more accurately they are not policed or enforced strictly enough. The rules are there, but I suspect resources are limited for policing... and the incidence of punishment and severity are insufficient. Thais are great rule breakers...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

That is a "biker" bar as well (HA). Wonder if someone from a rival club may have tipped the cops off for a laugh.

I live a kilometre from this bar.  Four people leave my village every night on loud, look-at-me bikes often returning well after curfew time.  Their selfishness in spreading the virus is criminal and reflected in the impact their bikes have on those about them.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or I think more accurately they are not policed or enforced strictly enough. The rules are there, but I suspect resources are limited for policing... and the incidence of punishment and severity are insufficient. Thais are great rule breakers...

Sure Thais are but the farangs on this forum too. I am pretty sure some of those they did nothing wrong crowd still go out drinking. 

But I think your right enforcement is always lacking because of corruption so they chance it. Now if they just blacklist foreigners that get caught twice then maybe some would listen. At least the they were doing nothing wrong crowd would see that these were guys that would not learn (hence the second arrest) and I doubt many would be caught as some would stop and the chance to get caught is not that high but still would set a good example.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

....... it's been nearly 16 months now ........ that's more than a few weeks.

But right from the start, March 2020, they always say only a few weeks.

How often does the lie need to be repeated and proven wrong before people realize the restrictions will never end?

A few weeks is dependent on people actually following the guidelines.

How often do some people need to ignore the guidelines before they realise this means the restrictions will never end?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kerryd said:

That is a "biker" bar as well (HA). Wonder if someone from a rival club may have tipped the cops off for a laugh.

I was speculating on it being a 'biker' bar, that to me means 'outlaws' from OZ. ie. old farts with goatees who never grew up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Staying home watching tv and drinking beer will take years off your life.

Get up do 100 push ups , go for a 5 k jog. have breakfast and shower .relax for 2 hrs. then later go for 5 k brisk walk . then have your beer and watch tv good day for you. or buy a bicycle and store your motorbike 555