Wall of CM Covid Vaccination Appointment

lexilis

Sanuk711, since mixing Covid 19 Vaccines is a good idea then would you be willing to be injected with the following vaccines in 60 days:

1. Sinovac 1 dose

2 AstraZeneca 1 dose 21 days later

3. Pfiizer or Moderna 21 days aftet AZ

As far as I know this "cocktail" has never been tried. I wonder what the results might be be?  Mixing Pfizer and Moderna seems fine but what about Sputnik+Sinovac+AZ+Pfizer+Moderna+J&J?  What could go wrong? 

If we were in year 3 or 5 of the Covid 19 Vaccine history then more data would be available and the picture of mixing or boosters would be more clear.  A sample size of 700 is not small but in terms of scientific research it is not large either.  Scientifically speaking I believe presently the concept of mixing vaccines and even boosters have not been proven to be safe or effective.  There just is not enough data.  

For me the safest course of action is to get inoculated with 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna within a month and see what positive or negative effects occur.  Hopefully  I will see the results in about a month when I am back in the US.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I had the Sinovac at McCormick yesterday. No problems, well organized, staff was friendly and efficient. I would like to express my gratitude to McCormick, like so many of the other posters here I received a notification by email, showed up at the appointed time and received a free vaccine. Thumbs up to management and staff. I'll be back in three weeks for the AstraZeneca jab. I prepaid for 2 Moderna shots a month ago at Lanna, but they aren't scheduled to occur until October. I have been worried about holding out until then so these vaccinations at McCormick are easing the tension a little.

Might you be shuffled down the pecking order when it comes to the Moderna vaccine injection, so that those that have not recieved any innoculation are injected first? 

22 hours ago, falang1969 said:

I wonder if Sinovac will be recognised in the UK? 

Although others being investigated..takes time.. so for now.. The COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for use in the UK-EU are:
  • Moderna vaccine.
  • Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.
  • Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
  • Janssen vaccine

1 hour ago, lexilis said:

This is incorrect. As it happened my name was NOT on that first check-in sheet. I dont know why. I had registered online, which was confirmed, and had received a text Sunday notifying me of the appointment. Not being on the list caused some delay and confusion but they eventual wrote my name by hand at the end of the list (I noticed there were  5 or 6 other hand written names). They let me go through. There was more delay at the office window but they sorted it out eventually and let me go get the shot. The moral here is: be sure to take that 13 digit number they attached to your registration. I stupidly forgot to bring it. If I had that there probably would not have been a delay. 

Now have 4 x 13 Digit numbers...assume one cancels out the previous...?

19 hours ago, EricTh said:

If you mix different brands of the same technology eg. Pfizer with Moderna, it shouldn't be a problem. Both use mRNA tech.

I don't mean to attack or put you on the spot, but I would like to know what qualifies you to say that? In a past job, I was trained at the CDC in Atlanta in immunizable diseases. Also did research in Dermatology, which is all about immunology. 

If not qualifications, please provide a link to research that supports your statement. You may be right. I would like to know more. 

Edited by LawrenceN
Missing detail
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Oh really ???? ok whatever you say.

I was not aware of Covid 19 pandemic begun in 2005. 
my apology   

It's a similar concept for Covid 19 except that the real Covid picture is in Bangkokpost which I am not allowed to link here. That is a sample picture for another virus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

Oh really ???? ok whatever you say.

I was not aware of Covid 19 pandemic begun in 2005. 
my apology   

It will come in handy...if...fio..Covid travel rules for fully Vaccinated visitors from the US and EU were eased on Monday morning,meaning people could enter England without having to isolate.

5 hours ago, mickmac said:

Might you be shuffled down the pecking order when it comes to the Moderna vaccine injection, so that those that have not recieved any innoculation are injected first? 

I suppose it is possible, I'll be 69 in October and have had type 2 diabetes for 30 plus years. Perhaps that will be taken into consideration.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:15 PM, Tracyb said:

1B4C0DEF-FD15-40D4-9E86-82BC0C01AA75.jpeg

On 8/2/2021 at 5:15 PM, Tracyb said:

1B4C0DEF-FD15-40D4-9E86-82BC0C01AA75.jpeg

I am 100% a vaxer, 72 with 2 pre existing   means if  i get delta strain it will be lights out, but there have been  no long term testing because there hasn't been time, and now mixing because supply dictates that is yet another unknown hurdle, but my situation as is many others is have the vac of whatever cocktail and if i grow a 10" penis so be it.

• Haha 1

I also registered at the Expatvac website, I got an appt from CMwall but not sure whether I will get another email from Expatvac in the future as well...

Both of them are coming at almost the same time. Yeah, it's a big mess.

Edited by EricTh

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I also registered at the Expatvac website, I got an appt from CMwall but not sure whether I will get another email from Expatvac in the future as well...

Both of them are coming at almost the same time. Yeah, it's a big mess.

Have you got an appointment from yesterday's registration already?

1 minute ago, Almer said:

Have you got an appointment from yesterday's registration already?

No appointment yet from Expatvac but it seems they are giving out appts starting from Aug 10 as stated in that article which is quite soon.

Edited by EricTh

24 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No appointment yet from Expatvac but it seems they are giving out appts starting from Aug 10 as stated in that article which is quite soon.

EricTh i was just about to write to my MP 555

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fangless said:

You should be so lucky, but at your age could you handle it (yourself)?

Vaccine is a toxic thing and not a health tonic. It causes any affected organs to shrink instead of enlargement. 

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

If the chart below has any credibility then it doesn't look like the SinoVac+AZ Combo has much efficacy against the Delta variant... I'm having second thoughts now as I'm scheduled for the SV/AZ Combo...

On 8/3/2021 at 8:20 AM, EricTh said:

This is an interesting chart.  May I ask, what is the source?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

If the chart below has any credibility then it doesn't look like the SinoVac+AZ Combo has much efficacy against the Delta variant... I'm having second thoughts now as I'm scheduled for the SV/AZ Combo...

If I read the chart correctly, two doses of Sinovac and one dose of Astra should give 99% protection against Delta variant. So why are you worried?

That's  two doses and one booster shot making it three doses.

There are three factors to consider and not just efficacy alone.

1. Efficacy of vaccine

2. Your own body immune system

3. Short and long term side effects

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

If I read the chart correctly, two doses of Sinovac and one dose of Astra should give 99% protection against Delta variant. So why are you worried?

The Wall of CM option is only for 1 dose of SV + 1 dose AZ.... The infographic above states 2 doses SV + 1 dose AZ for max efficacy...

1 hour ago, Forza2002 said:

The Wall of CM option is only for 1 dose of SV + 1 dose AZ.... The infographic above states 2 doses SV + 1 dose AZ for max efficacy...

That's what I am saying. Maybe the third dose will come much later when the country have more vaccines.

• Like 1

WHO comments on Sinovac dated 02June,2021 so fairly up to date. 

How efficacious is the vaccine?

A large phase 3 trial in Brazil showed that two doses, administered at an interval of 14 days, had an efficacy of 51% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection, 100% against severe COVID-19, and 100% against hospitalization starting 14 days after receiving the second dose.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

On 8/3/2021 at 7:30 PM, Almer said:

I am 100% a vaxer, 72 with 2 pre existing   means if  i get delta strain it will be lights out, but there have been  no long term testing because there hasn't been time, and now mixing because supply dictates that is yet another unknown hurdle, but my situation as is many others is have the vac of whatever cocktail and if i grow a 10" penis so be it.

I agree.  I don’t understand the position of antivaxxers.  I wonder if they got smallpox and polio jabs?  I too am in a high risk group and I was among the first in line when I heard there were open opportunities here in Chiang Mai.  One down, one to go in two weeks!

On 8/2/2021 at 5:21 PM, itsari said:

Better to be a test monkey than having a far far greater chance of dying when in a high risk group contracting covid 19

Totally agree!  I’ve had one jab….#2 due in two weeks!