Getting from U-tapao to BKK transporation services banned?

DrPhibes

6 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Was looking to get from BKK to U-tapao then taxi to BKK for vaccination. 

You sure you wrote that right? You want to go from Bangkok to U-tapao then take a taxi to Bangkok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This line is the problem: "likely pushed until Aug 31"?  Now I know why Air Asia and Nok Air have suspended domestic flights until August 31.  But Thai Smile claims they will start flying on August 19?.  Unfortunately I am booked on Thai Smile from CNX to BKK on Aug 26 in order to fly out of Thailand the next day.  I wish all these Airlines could be consistent and just say it:  No flights until September.  At this point the only way to go will be on the ground.  Of course it will cost a hell of lot more than 900 Baht that i paid to Thai Smile.  TIT and 555.

For the few remaining flights into Utapao before the Rayong "deep red" shutdown, I'm sure there will be taxis and/or shuttle vans to take people to Pattaya and Bangkok. It wouldn't make sense to have them lying around the airport for weeks or walking along the highway to get where they need to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Was looking to fly from CM to U-tapao then taxi to BKK for vaccination.  Does today's announcement mean I can't do this now?

Many people have taken a taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok for vaccination over the last two weeks, from one Dark Red province (Chonburi), crossing two more (Chachoengsao and Samut Prakan) and ending up in the Bangkok Dark Red zone. There have been no road blocks or checkpoints at all, so no problems with making the journey, and I should imagine that travelling from U-Tapao to Bangkok by taxi will be exactly the same, so don’t worry too much.

My advice is to book a well-known taxi firm in advance, there are several in Pattaya and probably others servicing U-Tapao and the Rayong area. Ask on the relevant regional forums if you need a recommendation. Get an official certificate of appointment for vaccination from the hospital you’re going to, they can e-mail it to you, though it’s highly unlikely that you’ll need it. And remember that there IS a strict curfew between 9:00 PM and 4:00 AM, so you will NOT be able to travel anywhere during the night.

• Like 1

Well, looks like were driving.  Nok Air will not be flying during the time which we need to be in BKK.  Wife and I, no kids, few days alone, going to be worth it.

Edited by DrPhibes
3yr old needed attention

16 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Just get a taxi.

Help some Thai family buy some food for the fare.

900-1400 baht plus tolls.

Busses just arent running. Good idea,  It'd be like sitting in a petri dish

Actually giving a chunk to the poor and destitute as well as other non-family members.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:12 PM, arick said:

Stupid post your allowed to travel for vaccines read.... Man read or turn in the news 

Stupid post?

You don't need to provide reason for travel. Check out registration form. The field for "reason for travel" is optional.

Certainly can travel from U-tapao to Bangkok.

Perhaps you can read more. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 8/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, DrPhibes said:

Well, looks like were driving.  Nok Air will not be flying during the time which we need to be in BKK.  Wi

Best you go to check directly with NokAir at the airport.

The latest twits says that they got another extension for their flights.

(if only I could find the news)

Tickets very expensive. Partly to be tolerated with the restrictions (50% occupancy, empty flights into Phuket).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 5:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

Stupid post?

You don't need to provide reason for travel. Check out registration form. The field for "reason for travel" is optional.

Certainly can travel from U-tapao to Bangkok.

Perhaps you can read more. 

The post is over a month old...