No VIPs Receive Pfizer Vaccine

snoop1130

So the 1.5 million doses will not go to VIP's, but will the remaining 3,450 doses in excess of the 1.5 million be used for the Governments cabinet ministers, Senate, Aides and such as boosters.  The devil is in the details as the OP only alludes to 1.5 million doses.  Gotta love the half truths espoused, but then did they lie about the 1.5 million, well no they did not they just omitted the 3,450 other doses.

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Sura Wisetsak, deputy permanent secretary for public health, said that of 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine donated by the United States, 700,000 doses would be used for medical personnel who worked close to COVID-19 cases, 645,000 doses would be administered in 13 provinces of maximum and strict COVID-19 control, 145,000 doses would be for expatriates and the people who would leave for other countries as listed by the Foreign Ministry, 5,000 doses would be reserved for researches and 3,450 doses would be kept for Delta variant control in high-risk areas.

This part of the OP when you count the actual numbers is also still shy of 1.5 million. Actual numbers total 1,498,450.  So where are the other 1,550 doses going here.  Someone's math does not add up, and as my first post shows by the tweet from the US Government there was 1,503,450 doses delivered.

• Like 1

1. Such a silly song and dance show over these 1.5 million doses ... when 30 or 40 million or more people here are awaiting vaccination and have no idea when they might get it.

2. Yes priority to health workers, but it'll be their third (or who knows, fourth) shot, while so many others have received nothing yet.

3. Why should all VIPs (however that is defined here) be automatically excluded ... when they might have quite properly been entitled in another category.

4. Good luck policing (and auditing) the receiptents ... it was discovered some days ago that some 19 computer operators, for the Bang Sue roll out, were taking bribes from queue jumpers.

5. As others noted: easy to get in the queue - just say you intend to travel overseas ... so easy ... just buy a ticket.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

5000 doses reserved for researches ? wonder where those are really going........

Samples to be used to isolate the MRNA contents, determine the compounds used, determine how much of each is in each dosage and obviously trying to recreate the vaccine so that they have a copy for their own making and use, would be my observation from a Chemist view.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So the 1.5 million doses will not go to VIP's, but will the remaining 3,450 doses in excess of the 1.5 million be used for the Governments cabinet ministers, Senate, Aides and such as boosters.  The devil is in the details as the OP only alludes to 1.5 million doses.  Gotta love the half truths espoused, but then did they lie about the 1.5 million, well no they did not they just omitted the 3,450 other doses.

Please. In the USA it was announced that a trillion dollar infrastructure bill had been agreed to. Do you think that the bill comes to exactly 1 trillion dollars? A headline announcing that Thailand was receiving 1, 503, 450 is a lot less memorable than 1,500,000,

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Samples to be used to isolate the MRNA contents, determine the compounds used, determine how much of each is in each dosage and obviously trying to recreate the vaccine so that they have a copy for their own making and use, would be my observation from a Chemist view.

Or how about just maybe it could be for effecacy studies matching it with other vaccines? I'm sure there are lots of possible uses for those vaccines in virologican and epidemiological studies.

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Or they could be doing this as a proxy for their buddies in China. There's really no way Thailand could produce these sophisticated vaccines even in the next 5 years. Or maybe even 10. 

China on the other hand... 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Please. In the USA it was announced that a trillion dollar infrastructure bill had been agreed to. Do you think that the bill comes to exactly 1 trillion dollars? A headline announcing that Thailand was receiving 1, 503, 450 is a lot less memorable than 1,500,000,

Look at it how you will, and then look at the numbers breakdown of where those vaccines are going according to Thailand.  There is still a deficit even if it was 1.5 million.  Believe what you will, I am just pointing out the discrepancy.  Transparency in the actual doses obtained is not the same as the infrastructure bill no is it, apples to oranges.  Agree to disagree with your view.  Have a great day.

35 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Or how about just maybe it could be for effecacy studies matching it with other vaccines? I'm sure there are lots of possible uses for those vaccines in virologican and epidemiological studies.

Could be, one never knows, I just pointed out a possibility as well, based upon their obtaining the Favipiravir formula and creating their own here versus buying it from Japan.

It's pay to play here. 

Vaccines are no different, regardless of a national crisis amid an international pandemic. 

The Police require 'payment' to speed up criminal record checks at their own HQ

It's the way it works. We give, they profit. 

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

each their statement as to how many is going where is contradictory.

I do suspect zero for foreigners.

All those 145k will go to thai with multiple passports, that includes foreign ministry. A lot of hiso have several passports from all over the world, they buy them for ease of travel and to stash money in foreign banks, buy property as an investment

In Montnegro we talk of little else.