Devious tactic - watch out for this one !

CharlieH

Strangely I have experienced ,one time, the opposite.

An item clearly notified as sourced from China miraculously arrived in two days. Product was as ordered and expected and cost same.

My conclusion was that there are sellers inside Thailand who work on forward order or commission rates from Chinese  suppliers. There have been times  when a "local" listed product  has taken longer than many others to arrive direct from China. But I have never noted at time of placing order on said items if the  "source" changes. I will however be interested to now check although it is rarely that I order any item  with urgent need. Generally I am satisfied that the product is as expected and the cost s as stated. Have only had one dud out of many so far.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:54 PM, fredscats said:

Do not accept it if payment on delivery

that’s what the lazada rep told me via chat too.  I’ve always felt there should be some kind of check-balance against the misuse of the “packed” function (which benefits the seller as a defacto cancellation moratorium) in that any packed order must have a subsequent “movement” scan within say 48 hours after packed status - if not, then the buyer should have the right to then cancel the order.

but in the end, the COD option really does put the power back into the hands of the buyer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, new2here said:

that’s what the lazada rep told me via chat too.  I’ve always felt there should be some kind of check-balance against the misuse of the “packed” function (which benefits the seller as a defacto cancellation moratorium) in that any packed order must have a subsequent “movement” scan within say 48 hours after packed status - if not, then the buyer should have the right to then cancel the order.

but in the end, the COD option really does put the power back into the hands of the buyer. 

Had the same experience, something became packed for weeks, every day excuses  from the seller. In the end i got lazada to cancel. Its annoying and lazada says they cancel if status is packed for 4 days but in reality you have to ask for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when I tried to log in the other day to an account my wife set up for both of us it wanted me to put in a pin number they would send to the phone in the account which meant it went to my wife where as normally just username and password are required, seems they are trying to make accounts more secure or more difficult

16 minutes ago, Almer said:

If you are COD and it takes forever, dont cancel, refuse delivery, and let  the seller/ carrier take the hit.

I dont do cod, too much of a hassle. Thankfully this does not happen often.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, new2here said:

That Power stops at THB 20 000 anything over that is NON COD 

2 hours ago, new2here said:

I ordered an item direct from Manufacturers Agent in Bangkok on 25th July.

Its still in the "Packed" status today 5th Aug. Contacted them 2 days ago, and was advised its in Transit.

Told the Agent they should change their Logistics Co, as it shouldn't take this long for a local delivery. Turns out they use their own transport!!.... Still waiting............

Ordered COD.

Caveat Emptor!

• Like 2

I've seen this too, thankfully not for anything urgent.

Chrome, yes, there's an issue there.  I often get a "suspicious activity" warning and have to slide a bar to continue.  The "code" bit, yes, every month or so. 

Whether all this is Chrome or my ISP (TOT) I don't know though; I also had a problem on an IRC chat channel and that isn't on Chrome at all.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

As of 2 days ago, I can't login to Lazada using Chrome. Switching over to MS Edge got me in, but ewwwww. Edge?

Try Ghostery Dawn. Ad blocking, cookie kills, etc. Firefox based privacy browser. Wonderful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

Chrome has been a tad problematic for some time now., firefox is an option but some of us 'firefox' fans have switched to 'brave', it's very good, and certainly not 'edge'.

Might be worth giving it a try, it will 'sync' and retrieve all your settings/bookmarks/passwords from chrome.!

Brave is good but look at Ghostery Dawn. It's been great for me.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, Nojohndoe said:

Strangely I have experienced ,one time, the opposite.

An item clearly notified as sourced from China miraculously arrived in two days. Product was as ordered and expected and cost same.

My conclusion was that there are sellers inside Thailand who work on forward order or commission rates from Chinese  suppliers. There have been times  when a "local" listed product  has taken longer than many others to arrive direct from China. But I have never noted at time of placing order on said items if the  "source" changes. I will however be interested to now check although it is rarely that I order any item  with urgent need. Generally I am satisfied that the product is as expected and the cost s as stated. Have only had one dud out of many so far.

As with most transactions in the Kingdom, it mostly works, sometimes not so good, sometimes utter fail.

No real recourse. Price one pays for living in a third world country.

There is no end to the scams with/by Chinese sourcing. TIT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, new2here said:

Not if the deliverer does not allow you to open / check item - which is my experience -

• Like 1

Have exactly the same experience.

Recently I order a clock, it shows in stock/local but after a few days I got a message from Lazada it is on his way but a bit delayed.

After 7 days I canceled the order at the shop, but the shop answered they have to tell Lazada, but because it was ordered COD I told them if they bring I'll refuse.

It's a tricky way of doing business, I don't like.

So now before I order something I chat with the shop to get confirmed it is in stock.

I had the very same issue last month, I ordered a 3/8" drive 16mm spark plug socket. As I'd specified "local" and the shipping time was 3 - 5 days, I checked the order after about a week and it said "packed", but I also noted the details had changed - it said 3/8" 16mm socket with small grey text underneath saying Size: 14mm.

Anyhoo, it eventually turned up 3 weeks later and, of course, it was a 14mm socket - which is about as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit.

In a way, this deviousness doesn't surprise me; given that Lazada is owned by Alibaba, it was only a matter of time before they found a way to give Chinese sellers more of an edge over the locals.

It just leaves you with a sour taste in the mouth and 100x more cautious about using Lazada again.

Edited by 3STTW
., -!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I've seen this too, thankfully not for anything urgent.

Chrome, yes, there's an issue there.  I often get a "suspicious activity" warning and have to slide a bar to continue.  The "code" bit, yes, every month or so. 

Whether all this is Chrome or my ISP (TOT) I don't know though; I also had a problem on an IRC chat channel and that isn't on Chrome at all.

I was having this issue as well. I found turning my ad-blocker off solved the issue.   Also; if one is having an issue advancing Lazada pages when browsing, just hit your "REFRESH" key and the page should load.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Have exactly the same experience.

Recently I order a clock, it shows in stock/local but after a few days I got a message from Lazada it is on his way but a bit delayed.

After 7 days I canceled the order at the shop, but the shop answered they have to tell Lazada, but because it was ordered COD I told them if they bring I'll refuse.

It's a tricky way of doing business, I don't like.

So now before I order something I chat with the shop to get confirmed it is in stock.

I'm sure many of the vendors on Lazada work on a JIT (just in time) basis to minimize their investment in inventory.

So they say it's in stock, then when you place an order so do they. If the primary supplier fails to driver on time, the buyer is supposed to take the hit with patience.

To be fair some vendors update their site to show items out of stock and you can't even place the order. Then you can message them.

Your idea of messaging the vendor directly that you won't accept the COD order will force them to accept the order as a loss and just not ship. I like it.

Potentially enough complaints about this from vendors to lazada could affect your account. In the end we farang are always at the back of the bus when difficulties arise.

The fact thatwe are all multimillionaires does cushion the shock somewhat.

Seriously though, Covid is hosing everything and deliveries  delays may happen even if all parties act in good faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I'm sure many of the vendors on Lazada work on a JIT (just in time) basis to minimize their investment in inventory.

So they say it's in stock, then when you place an order so do they. If the primary supplier fails to driver on time, the buyer is supposed to take the hit with patience.

To be fair some vendors update their site to show items out of stock and you can't even place the order. Then you can message them.

Your idea of messaging the vendor directly that you won't accept the COD order will force them to accept the order as a loss and just not ship. I like it.

Potentially enough complaints about this from vendors to lazada could affect your account. In the end we farang are always at the back of the bus when difficulties arise.

The fact thatwe are all multimillionaires does cushion the shock somewhat.

Seriously though, Covid is hosing everything and deliveries  delays may happen even if all parties act in good faith.

Have to be honestly, average Lazada is OK, I don't like to tell my very bad experience with Shopee.

I'll never order anything anymore at that shop.

Funny, as far as I know Lazada and Shopee belongs both to Aliebaba, Jack Ma.

• Like 2