Devious tactic - watch out for this one !

CharlieH

10 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Potentially enough complaints about this from vendors to lazada could affect your account. In the end we farang are always at the back of the bus when difficulties arise.

How could this affect me as a buyer? 

4 hours ago, Pravda said:

Ummm.... It says lazada global. That should have been a clue. 

I think OP should pay more attention to this.  The seller was clearly identified as "LazGlobal" which means an oversea seller so this is more important factor than "Samut Prakan".

I've ordered some stuff from LazGlobal sellers and generally it takes about 2 weeks to get the items. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

As with most transactions in the Kingdom, it mostly works, sometimes not so good, sometimes utter fail.

No real recourse. Price one pays for living in a third world country.

Which country are you referring to?  Thailand sure isn't a third world country.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

49 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Have to be honestly, average Lazada is OK, I don't like to tell my very bad experience with Shopee.

I'll never order anything anymore at that shop.

Funny, as far as I know Lazada and Shopee belongs both to Aliebaba, Jack Ma.

I think that's right. I avoid Shopee too.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, CharlieH said:

None of this will really matter to those who dont really care if it takes a couple of weeks for the item to arrive BUT if you actually do need something witin the 3 -7 day time frame this can be very annoying and frustrating devious tactic.

Just making people aware and to watch out for this "Samut Prakan" situation on "local" suppliers.

Was your item delivered in the scheduled time?    Your OP seems to indicate that you didn't order anything that caused issues or am I reading that wrong? 

As long as the correct item is delivered within the promised time scale is there an issue?

43 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

How could this affect me as a buyer? 

Don't know, but the obvious result could be being barred from the platform or barred from COD orders. Unless you're prepared to walk away from Lazada, they hold the cards don't they?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, CharlieH said:

None of this will really matter to those who dont really care if it takes a couple of weeks for the item to arrive BUT if you actually do need something witin the 3 -7 day time frame this can be very annoying and frustrating devious tactic.

Just making people aware and to watch out for this "Samut Prakan" situation on "local" suppliers.

Was your item delivered in the scheduled time?    Your OP seems to indicate that you didn't order anything that caused issues or am I reading that wrong? 

"Devious tactic" seems a bit harsh!   As long as the correct item is delivered within the promised time scale surely there's no issue?

Please note that I'm not arguing with you, nor disputing what you say, note the question marks!

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Devious tactic" seems a bit harsh!   As long as the correct item is delivered within the promised time scale surely there's no issue?

Please note that I'm not arguing with you, nor disputing what you say, note the question marks!

You"ve missed the point entirely.

Look at the three images, you are not getting a local supply or delivery as indicated. Its from China and therefore wont be delivered in days as a local purchase would have.

I use Lazada for fast delivery.

I prefer Shoppee though.  Returns are much easier.

Nothing compared to Amazon.  

However what a great thing having convenient online shopping here in Thailand.  I find its usually cheaper than the brick and mortar stores here.  

I feel better about it also as two families own Tesco, Big C,  7/11, and Makro's.

A big monopoly.  

Buy your stuff online and stick it too the man!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I experienced something similar in the last couple of weeks, I ordered two double power points with USB sockets.

When the confirmation came through it stated they being dispatched from China not Thailand and they were UK style.

On arrival they were single sockets UK style not even like in the photograph.

I returned them immediately and the money was refunded to my credit card either the same or following day.

Normally I have excellent service from Lazada

I would never trust Lazada, why did they do away with their live chatline and now only have a virtual one where they put the questions themselves. so the answer you want, you cannot get.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which country are you referring to?  Thailand sure isn't a third world country.

"Thailand sure isn't a third world country." How right you are, it is even worse than that, they have an unelected government full of tinpot soldiers who could not even run a bath never mind a country.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

As of 2 days ago, I can't login to Lazada using Chrome. Switching over to MS Edge got me in, but ewwwww. Edge?

I use Opera with a free VPN and I have no problem logging in to Lazada.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I ordered three items from the same vender in China and one of the three items sourced from Lazada warehouse and arrived in three days followed by the other two a week later.  I have no idea why.

Just now, robblok said:

I buy a lot  hate having to do COD as you need to have cash. Prefer to have it paid so i dont have to get cash ready. Its only minor amount of times I got trouble and lazada always solves it faster. So all the time messing around with money does not weigh up against having to contact lazada once in a while. Just a matter of numbers and preference. Never lost a dime on lazada everything always got sorted out.

Yes, understood.

19 hours ago, thaitom said:

The only problems I have are with the delivery drivers, So I use COD, That way I couldn't care less if they deliver or not.

Never had a non delivery that i paid for. Maybe things are better in BKK more developed areas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Never had a non delivery that i paid for. Maybe things are better in BKK more developed areas. 

Same here.  I'm in BKK and I've never had anything with tracking number not delivered (just few with minor delay hiccups - usually due to late shipping).

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 4:46 PM, CharlieH said:

You"ve missed the point entirely.

Look at the three images, you are not getting a local supply or delivery as indicated. Its from China and therefore wont be delivered in days as a local purchase would have.

Hypothetically!   Surely the point is that no order was actually made and no one is complaining about a delay in the context of the OP, it's just a "may possibly happen" situation?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

On 8/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, possum1931 said:

I would never trust Lazada, why did they do away with their live chatline and now only have a virtual one where they put the questions themselves. so the answer you want, you cannot get.?

...unless you phone them and get the answer from a real person!

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:46 PM, Speedhump said:
On 8/3/2021 at 9:04 PM, fishtank said:

Why would anyone not use COD?

Just refuse the item.

Easy.

Generally speaking, do you keep the delivery man waiting while you open the package to see if it's what you ordered? 

No, he doesn't because Lazada drivers are not permitted to offer that facility for COD orders, they're there to get the cash and then hand over the package, that's how it works, officially.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...unless you phone them and get the answer from a real person!

They used to have a live chatline, I am not wasting my money on a phone call to be answered by someone in India or somewhere who usually has poor English.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

They used to have a live chatline, I am not wasting my money on a phone call to be answered by someone in India or somewhere who usually has poor English.

They're not in India and their English is pretty much perfect, it's a local phone call.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:43 AM, DekDaeng said:

Not if the deliverer does not allow you to open / check item - which is my experience -

I don’t recall this - physically opening the package BEFORE handling the cash - as being an approved method nor one that the typical driver allows.

I do think it would help this problem, but i can see how the time involved might be problematic for drivers.. and I’d wonder how “far” this kind of open-before-you-pay process might be allowed. For example, would it be an open box visual inspection only, or would the buyer be allowed to “power on” or somehow test the product before handing the money over. 

On 8/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, new2here said:
On 8/3/2021 at 8:54 PM, fredscats said:

Do not accept it if payment on delivery

that’s what the lazada rep told me via chat too.

Why would a Lazada rep tell you that when it is strictly against Lazada's COD policy?   Drivers are not allowed to offer that "facility".

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're not in India and their English is pretty much perfect, it's a local phone call.

That makes a change, but now I only buy western food from Lazada as I live up in the boonies. Too many of their sellers are not to be trusted.

• Like 1