Condo front door propped open despite masked requirements inside building

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

13.984602710740411, 100.55296743925953

We moved in in 2004 and out in 2011 to our current (and final) home. It was already a fairly old building when we moved in. The units are pretty large and the price was right.

Home is where the heart is.

I enjoy your informative posts as I'm sure many do.

Stay safe!

3 hours ago, firemans35 said:

The story reported on in this does say “with the positive pressure" that would be caused by the AC so if your neighbor is leaving his door open so he can save money on not having to run his AC then there isn't much of a problem. Now if he has an open outside window with a breeze flowing through his room out into the hall spreading the virus. This all depends on if you believe everything you read.

Yes, open outside balcony and stream out from his door. The noise and smell before this was an annoyance, but I'm sorry, a continuous stream of unmasked air coming out for 12+ hours every day, with the current situation and prevalence of the infectious delta variant is in my opinion inconsiderate at best. Being at high-risk of problems if infected with covid, means I am more careful than most. Not unsurprisingly he is often downstairs at the surprisingly open bar unmasked chatting away, drinking the local 'fruit juice' with staff, so being careful is certainly not on his radar.

It's good to know that this is unusual in many condos. Thanks for that info.

It's not that common in this building too, but he's not the only one. I will look elsewhere with greater attention to adjacent rooms.

14 hours ago, jesimps said:

A condo I was in, my German neighbour and his Thai GF used to prop open their door then play loud music all day. I stuck it for a few weeks then had a polite word with them. Their excuse was that it let the air through their apartment. I told them that it wasn't the open door per se that I was objecting to, but when open, I could hear their music blearing out.  They never spoke to me again. Some people are just missing the common sense gene.

Did they try 'but you should be grateful that I'm giving you free music' line?

21 hours ago, johng said:

It means you get a nice breeze through the room  so you don't have to turn the air con on.

Don't worry that nice breeze will turn into high PM 2.5 air pollution starting late November. ???? 

3 pages of comments for a post like this???  Sounds like a lot of VERY bored people out there, too scared to venture outside their apartments, preferring to hide behind their keyboards instead, LOL!

To the original Op:  CHILL OUT!  You're not going to get Covid because your neighbor leaves his door open!  If your door is closed, how could his door being open possibly be a risk to you?  BE REAL!

You are actually far safer with doors and windows opened to avoid stagnant air.

If you are really that paranoid about his germs getting into your condo, I think a more appropriate measure would be a visit to see a therapist because you are seriously over-reacting.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

Got to say , I hated condo living when I first moved here and bought my own ( I still have it, but don't live in it.  Its near by the sea, so is just a holiday home now).  I didn't like my life being dictated to by a committee, 52 sq m was like living in a rabbit hutch, no gas for cooking, security people that acted like the gestapo with my visitors and I was (still am)  charged 1,000 Baht per year for one parking sticker, damn cheek. Now with this covid,  you can add closed swimming pools and gyms.  Getting my own house was the best deal I ever did here.  I make the rules, not some faceless committee. 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, Doctor Tom said:

Got to say , I hated condo living when I first moved here and bought my own ( I still have it, but don't live in it.  Its near by the sea, so is just a holiday home now).  I didn't like my life being dictated to by a committee, 52 sq m was like living in a rabbit hutch, no gas for cooking, security people that acted like the gestapo with my visitors and I was (still am)  charged 1,000 Baht per year for one parking sticker, damn cheek. Now with this covid,  you can add closed swimming pools and gyms.  Getting my own house was the best deal I ever did here.  I make the rules, not some faceless committee. 

I agree; owning a condo sucks!  I sold mine back in the States several years ago because I just got fed up with other people dictating what I could or could not do, and it seemed like everytime I turned around, there was a new "assessment" being charged for something I didn't agree was necessary but had to pay for anyway. 

Like for instance, all owners were assessed $20,000 each to renovate the garages, even though only half of the units had garages.  Mine didn't... but I got charged anyway!  Another time, the elevator had to be rebuilt.  I had to pay my share of $50,000 for that even though I lived on the first floor and never used the elevator!

Condo board members are usually people that in real life never had power over others and so they love the opportunity to dictate to others.  There's a term used for those kind of people called "condo nazis" LOL! If ever there was so fitting a term, that one is for sure.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1