Thailand reports another record high in new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

58 minutes ago, smedly said:

so you are basically saying vaccination should be No1 priority - that's something new lol

and in the meantime lockdown to contain until sufficient numbers are vacinated - another strategic revelation lol

genius :post-4641-1156694572:

that is really about all that can be done, other than keep working to expand/strengthen the health system.  putting the army on the roads to block travel doesn't seem feasible in this country, that type of strict measure was done in china.  in the USA, california had a strict stay at home order in place for many months but many paid no attention to it.  it is a difficult thing to do/enforce.  people here have to go to work to get money, they aren't getting enough support from the govt.  not many countries have provided sufficient support to citizens.  at this point, we've just got to ride it out.  hope vaccine delivery picks up, the health system holds up, and avoid contact with others as best you can.  alot of people have to work to survive so they can't avoid contact but do try to take precautions.  obviously some people don't but they are in the minority.  during last years lockdown period i saw alot of people w/o a mask or mask below the chin.  i don't see much of that at all now.  i think more people are serious about it than last year.

• Like 1

New dispensing machine will boost number of jabs delivered daily by 20%

Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Science, in collaboration with private agencies, has developed an automatic vaccine dispenser in a bid to relieve the burden on medics.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said one 6.5 millilitre vial of the AstraZeneca vaccine is split into 12 doses of 0.5ml each.

“Since the demand for Covid-19 vaccines is high, the automatic dispenser was developed to use each vial effectively,” he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/tech/40004239

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That graph is best described as 'parabolic'. 

Indicative of the complete and total failure of this administration. 

The graph is parabolic because when you mass test asymptomatic people and PCR every person that has a light fever that's what you get. If they tested for another virus it would be the same. It's a total failure of the human brain more than this administration.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Your first point is reasonable. The rest of it you fail. 

How many of you have even asked yourselves, because I don’t see it if you do, “what if I was working, had three kids to feed, and my wife and I lost our jobs due to covid”. 

This seriously does not eve on dawn on a single person in here. Quite amazing. 

that's right.  i'm with you on that.  people have needs.  they can't stay at home as there is no food being delivered or money put in their bank.  there is only so much that can be done.  it is tough but it is the truth.  vast majority of countries go through the exact same thing.  no escaping it.  just hope to minimize damage with vaccines, a decent health system, and masks/distancing. 

Government-sponsored Covid vaccine recipients with severe side effects will receive free treatment, the Royal Gazette announced on Thursday. Vaccinations with alternative vaccines obtained in the private sector aren't eligible for free treatment.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1423145992791101443

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just my view, but many people have already thrown in the towel, especially the young and even some elderly, and figure if they are going to become a statistic then well life must be lived and enjoyed while it can, just like the west.  

But the difference is many western countries have endured extended lockdowns and are up to speed with vaccinations.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

From the 20,920 confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 17,312were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

Worrying stat that indicates actual numbers will be far, far higher. Possibly six figures. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 1,312 new cases and 7 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (276), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (207), and Si Racha (374). 15,759 patients are now in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1423074197400477700

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/05/chonburi-announces-1312-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-with-seven-new-deaths/

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

The graph is parabolic because when you mass test asymptomatic people and PCR every person that has a light fever that's what you get. If they tested for another virus it would be the same. It's a total failure of the human brain more than this administration.

Yet to see any mass testing in Thailand, let me know when you get some evidence...........

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Thai maths strikes again. Is the last dose unlucky or something?

I think their maths is fine. That last missing dose is the 7% bonus to be 'sold to private entities' by senior officials in the health department. Think of it as a Benz fund.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, anchadian said:

From the 20,920 confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 17,312were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 3,600 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 8 imported cases

#โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1423156255955177480

5th Aug: Yet again another record high for hospital walk ins at 17,312!!

4th Aug: 16,284

Yesterday was 15,176 at the time a new high and the previous high was on the 1st Aug at 15,137.